What's new

Does LEDs really yield the same as their "HPS equivalent"

TPFTFW

Veteran
Small buds.

Bro what?

I’m going to ignore you and your boof, but if you’re capable of reading, I said they weren’t the biggest buds in the room by any means.. was simply excited to share some of the first pics I took of this run

Edit:
Took the time to upload a pic of YET STILL not the biggest top even on that plant alone let alone the room..
Rock solid, dense as hell pure kush funk

picture.php

Last edited:

indagroove

Veteran
Bro what?

I’m going to ignore you and your boof, but if you’re capable of reading, I said they weren’t the biggest buds in the room by any means.. was simply excited to share some of the first pics I took of this run

Edit:
Took the time to upload a pic of YET STILL not the biggest top even on that plant alone let alone the room..
Rock solid, dense as hell pure kush funk

View Image

Nice. Looks good. Strong work.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Very nice,

What lights are you using?

Check out page six, he shows the setup in action. Its looks nice and clean.

Quote from post 60:
tpftfw:
“I have two lights @640 watts
485 watts of 3k, 175 watts of UV and far red each”.

Now typically far red is 730nm and higher , and deep red is 660nm. I suspect the supplement red led might be deep red, 660nm and not far red? Or maybe mostly 660nm with small amounts of 730nm? Can you confirm tpftfw?

TPFTFW

Veteran
Very nice,

What lights are you using?
Thanks man
I’ll answer down below

Nice. Looks good. Strong work.

Check out page six, he shows the setup in action. Its looks nice and clean.

Quote from post 60:
tpftfw:
“I have two lights @640 watts
485 watts of 3k, 175 watts of UV and far red each”.

Now typically far red is 730nm and higher , and deep red is 660nm. I suspect the supplement red led might be deep red, 660nm and not far red? Or maybe mostly 660nm with small amounts of 730nm? Can you confirm tpftfw?

There’s a total of 5 diff nm used and then also 3500k

lights are by r2thk_russel on IG, if you enquire please tell him sun tzu sent u

This is the sunbar V2

only 640$ after shipping (coincidentally came out to about $1 a watt but shipping could be slightly less or more depending where in the US)

Curious to see what the final weight will be over all. it’s my first time with LED’s so lots of dialing to do

gsxr97

Veteran
Lights and setup look awesome. Nugs look chunky :)

Thanks man
I’ll answer down below

There’s a total of 5 diff nm used and then also 3500k

lights are by r2thk_russel on IG, if you enquire please tell him sun tzu sent u

This is the sunbar V2

only 640$ after shipping (coincidentally came out to about $1 a watt but shipping could be slightly less or more depending where in the US)

Curious to see what the final weight will be over all. it’s my first time with LED’s so lots of dialing to do

TPFTFW

Veteran
You going with the same lights for the ones you are adding?

I’m absolutely sticking with the same company. LED’s are new to me and I don’t understand them entirely by any means I’d like to try to experiment

My main thing is..
those 4 other nm’s.. how beneficial are they really to production and not something that should potentially just be added last few weeks..
like could those watts be better used..
The focus in the scene seems to just be on white and reds in the expensive name brand lights.

I’m potentially going up to a 10 bar, sunbar V2.. which would be pushing I think 500 watts of white, and then 250 watts of 660 and other nm’s..

Idk I’ve been playing around with different ideas. If I knew more I could take the guess work out of it but I don’t

Also after seeing that graph posted earlier I asked which bin they use, and it’s SK

sshz

Go to youtube, search for Professor Bruce Bigbee and LED lighting, who has some excellent videos on LED's and marijuana growing. Watch a few of them and all your LED questions will be answered.

indagroove

Veteran
Go to youtube, search for Professor Bruce Bigbee and LED lighting, who has some excellent videos on LED's and marijuana growing. Watch a few of them and all your LED questions will be answered.

Bugbee has good info, but you have to filter it out a bit. After all he's growing lettuce and hemp, not high THC cannabis.

sshz

He has multiple videos, and does address THC in some of them. He feels THC production is a plant defense against insects and the sun, but does talk about thc levels under LED lighting.

TPFTFW

Veteran
I think I’ve watched one of his videos on PPFD

I’ll check more out tho thanks

Any one here have first hand experience using the apogee?

indagroove

Veteran
He has multiple videos, and does address THC in some of them. He feels THC production is a plant defense against insects and the sun, but does talk about thc levels under LED lighting.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have good info, but some of his methodology and conclusions are definitely debatable.