What's new

Does LEDs really yield the same as their "HPS equivalent"

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Erm, that plant looks like it's dying. Buds are supposed to point up not curl over and point down.
I agree that the plants don't look great, but it's not fair to compare a long flowering pure sativa to modern hybrids. They grow quite differently. I grow pure sativa's indoors that flower anywhere from 17-24 weeks. Zamaldelica would fit somewhere in there. Probably 99% of growers never grow something like this.

I agree that he needs a much better light though.

indagroove

Veteran
LMFAO. You do not know shit, do you???
The plant is dying. It is finishing. You obviously are not a grower. Get lost.

I've grown weed for many years, and have also studied horticulture back in college. I have many grower friends as well. I've never seen any plant in such terrible shape during bloom as what you got going there. Feel free to prove me wrong and post a close up pic of a finished bud. That ought to be good for a laugh anyway.

indagroove

Veteran
I agree that the plants don't look great, but it's not fair to compare a long flowering pure sativa to modern hybrids. They grow quite differently. I grow pure sativa's indoors that flower anywhere from 17-24 weeks. Zamaldelica would fit somewhere in there. Probably 99% of growers never grow something like this.

I didn't compare it to anything, and like you said they don't look great. I've grown long flower strains before. The buds always point up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200730_105346 (1) - Edited.jpg
    20200730_105346 (1) - Edited.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 10

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I didn't compare it to anything, and like you said they don't look great. I've grown long flower strains before. The buds always point up.

View Image

What is your major malfunction indiagroove??? I do believe you are jealous.
Not only that but you obviously never grew Zamaldelica or Malawi. The only thing that is pointing straight up is your pointed little head.

indagroove

Veteran
What is your major malfunction indiagroove??? I do believe you are jealous.
Not only that but you obviously never grew Zamaldelica or Malawi.

I am certainly not jealous, but you are correct that I have never grown either of those two strains. That said, a google image search of both of those strains shown no pictures of colas which turn upside down, flop over and look like they are dying. Your pic is the only one I'm seeing that looks like that. This is what the seed companies say the plant should look like (but I guess you think they are wrong too): https://www.aceseeds.org/media/cata...35df139433887a97daa66f/z/a/zamaldelica4_1.jpg

zamaldelica4_1.jpg

Chi13

ICMag Donor

View Image
Unless the stems are too weak to support them, in which case they flop over, such as from a weak light source.

indagroove

Veteran
Unless the stems are too weak to support them, in which case they flop over, such as from a weak light source.

Case in point, which is why I think it's a mistake for this guy to be promoting the lights he's using as the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but this guy keeps posting about these miracle screw in LEDs he uses over and over. Now that I see his floppy colas bending over like they are dying, I'm gonna point out that maybe those lights aren't really that great after all. Sorry if that ruffles a few feathers, but I think it's better than steering people in the wrong direction with some crappy screw in LEDs.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
It is all new. You are a doubting Thomas making false claims about things that you know not. That Zami would be about 10 feet tall. I crimped her. She has 8 large colas. She is under the Home Depot Hi Bay LEDS. About a year and a half old. Already it is old tech.
These new screw in jobs are doing the trick on my new mother Malawi. I promise you they will blind you. I do not give a shit what you think. I am just pointing out fact. Buy them if you dare, pass on them if you love your dinosaur tech. That's all.

Horselover Fat

Veteran
Case in point, which is why I think it's a mistake for this guy to be promoting the lights he's using as the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but this guy keeps posting about these miracle screw in LEDs he uses over and over. Now that I see his floppy colas bending over like they are dying, I'm gonna point out that maybe those lights aren't really that great after all. Sorry if that ruffles a few feathers, but I think it's better than steering people in the wrong direction with some crappy screw in LEDs.

Yeah, you are. No need to go digging someone's old grows. Gladys... is being a dick too though, but seems like he just doesn't know any better. I don't think he's even getting a cut, but he actually believes in what he is saying.

We do not need to see pics of a grow with the lights. It's obvious they'll grow bud just as any whitish led. What we do know is they are not very efficient. They are the same as cheap led screw in bulbs. We do not need pictures of grows to know that. The info says 12000 lumen, 6500k and 120w and that's all we need. I know my boards output the same ammount of light at 50-60w. I'm also pretty sure that at the same output there wouldn't be much difference in yield between the lights. One would just use more than twice the electricity.

Attachments are what my 3.5k boards can do. I run each at 2.1a

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-21-15-10-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-21-15-10-56.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2019-11-21-15-11-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-21-15-11-03.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2019-11-21-15-11-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-21-15-11-10.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10

indagroove

Veteran
Yeah, you are. No need to go digging someone's old grows. Gladys... is being a dick too though, but seems like he just doesn't know any better. I don't think he's even getting a cut, but he actually believes in what he is saying.

We do not need to see pics of a grow with the lights. It's obvious they'll grow bud just as any whitish led. What we do know is they are not very efficient. They are the same as cheap led screw in bulbs. We do not need pictures of grows to know that. The info says 12000 lumen, 6500k and 120w and that's all we need. I know my boards output the same ammount of light at 50-60w. I'm also pretty sure that at the same output there wouldn't be much difference in yield between the lights. One would just use more than twice the electricity.

Attachments are what my 3.5k boards can do. I run each at 2.1a

OK, you might be right. But for the record, I didn't go digging through his old grows, that was a new pic that I just noticed happened to be in the same album with the other pics he just posted.

I have no idea how many lumens my boards put out. Your lights are a bit more efficient than mine, because I'm running high power diodes ar around 2amps per board @54v (96 diodes per board). That puts me around 2.5 umoles/joule. I've been thinking about adding another board in parallel with each pair to increase efficiency.

Elite1_1024x1024.JPG

ozzieAI

Veteran
The info says 12000 lumen, 6500k and 120w and that's all we need. I know my boards output the same ammount of light at 50-60w. I'm also pretty sure that at the same output there wouldn't be much difference in yield between the lights. One would just use more than twice the electricity.

here we are...the reality...

move along nothing to see here....

TPFTFW

Veteran
No where near the biggest buds in the room just some pics of two diff phenos of some topanga gear

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gsxr97

Veteran
Thoughts on this LED

Thoughts on this LED

LED Gurus Does this look like a good setup in your opinion . Has lots of different spectrums. Just wondering, caught my eye. Was a listing on ebay and a vendor mentioned on here before.

Probably gonna stick with Mars or another prebuilt light, but my buddy was looking at getting a light diy kit and thought he would give this one a shot.
Here are the light details.

14 Strip 550w(at the wall) Kit INCLUDES:
6 - 2700k/4000k/6500k 96 LED Strips w/Samsung lm301b & lm301h
Each Strip has:
64 - 2700k Samsung lm301b LEDs
16 - 4000k Samsung lm301h LEDs
16 - 6500k Samsung lm301b LEDs

4 - 2700k/4000k/6500k 96 LED Strips w/Samsung lm301b & lm301h w/ 660nm and 730nm(IR)
Each Strip has:
58 - 2700k Samsung lm301b LEDs
16 - 4000k Samsung lm301h LEDs
16 - 6500k Samsung lm301b LEDs
4 - 660nm Deep Red LEDs
2 - 730nm Far Red(IR) LEDs

4 - 3500k 96 LED Strips w/Samsung lm301b w/ UV, 660nm and 730nm(IR)
Each Strip has:
88 - 3500k Samsung lm301b LEDs
4 - 660nm Deep Red LEDs
2 - 730nm Far Red(IR) LEDs
2 - UV LEDs

14 - 40mm x 430mm heatsinks
Double-sided 30mm Thermal conductive adhesive tape to attach strips to heatsinks
Meanwell HLG Driver w/internal pots for dimming
4 - 32" or 36" length 1/2" aluminum angle(custom sizes available)
2 - 12" length 1/2" aluminum angle(custom sizes available)
wago style connectors for power and led hookup
3 ft Power cord for driver(6 or 10ft optional)
15 feet of solid core 18ga wire to hook strips up
Screws(to build frame)

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 10

hayday

Veteran
Every time I calculated a GPW average from my bulb grows I came in aroung .75 GPW and never really concidered to be too far off point. My first LED run was 1.14
2) .94
3) 1.17
4) .79
5).84
The next cycle will be done soon and it gonna be well over a one GPW. My air conditioner even shit the bed back in July and everything was manageable untill I could harvest some plants and get to it to do the change-out.
With a HPS grow, I would have(have,in the past) lost the crop.

I have no idea about all the technical details but LEDs will grow some fine Marijuana plants.IMO, superior to HPS...and more of it:greenstars:

Latest posts

Latest posts