What's new

Do You Think M.J Will Ever Be Legalized Or Decrimed In Oz???

Kangativa

Veteran
I can tell you for sure that there is a way better outlook on MJ now...When I was 18 my mate went to jail for 3 months for seeds.

Now i have friends that have had 10 big plants or less left by the choppers and I also know someone that got a $1000 fine for 100 plants and a 1yr good behaviour bond.

I have heard stories of cops taking the plants and not even leaving a note.

You stir up the snake and it will bite you, Nimbin is a perfect example as it once was quite and peaceful, the Madi Gras went without much police presence at all and joints were smoked freely until some idiots decided it would be cool to blow smoke in the face of the police and next Madi Gras it was like world war one.

I know for a fact that since I first started smoking in the 60's the laws have got better and at times we were given a chance to prove that we were sensible enough not to abuse what we were given, but sadly that didnt happen and out short lived freedom was taken from us.....Switzerland is also a prime example of this.

The fight for Medical MJ is happening behind closed doors by the right people and that is the way it should be.
Just be happy that it has in fact been decrimilized to an extent.......be a sad lot if we were all in jail because we ordered seeds on the net.

N

noyd666

i think there needs to be a greater push on medical marijuana.I suffer from a couple of issues and both myself and my doctor are reluctant to continually prescribing me addictive pharmas that in the end will be doing way more harm then good....we discussed mmj and he is of the opinion that when used for medicinal purposes) and even the scripts dont work but a decent indica will give me a couple of hrs of sleep which to me is like an entire nights rest...i would love to have the opportunity to grow personal medical marijuana LEGALLY....one can only dream(if he slept long enough to...LOL)...
:biggrin: i understand quite well mate, i sleep up to two hours if im lucky'' at a time, makes for a long fuken night a, been doing sleep like that for nigh on ten years, wears ya out a bit but no complaning.:blowbubbles:

yes it sux noyd666,23 years of it,have tried every known pill i think and they just dont get it done,went through a 3 month period last year where i was getting under 7hrs a week total sleep,the doctors are baffled,going to see a new pyschologist next week to see what he thinks can be done but not holding my breath...

T

ThirstyKenny

Ok you two,please stay on topic!!... HAHA not really, just been wanting to say that for a while :D ;)

Really dunno hows ya's function on such little sleep. Must feel like a walking zombie i'm guessing. If i don't get at least 7 hrs of sleep a night it feels like i've had a night on the turps for the next few hours.

N

noyd666

thirsty ya old shit, how ya going? used to nod off working bulldozers on night shift full o grog no sleep, you just know when tension on blade is getting lighter, which means a long drop to bottom lol, ya body is a hell of a machine seems to adjust abit, but as you said does catch up. i think r. leaves is copping it worse, i dont take fuken pills for it, i got what i call a white docter the other day , was good lol, indian docs listen then ask what would you like,like a pound of coke lol, bloody hopeless.

sorry kenny,it wasnt my intention to go off on a tangent but the legalization just raised the idea of mmj as well....

yes noyd im doing it tough but take it as it comes,you sort of resign to the fact of what your reality is and deal with it best you can,i have other probs as well but the insomnia is the main problem i want sorted...

T

ThirstyKenny

Hey, i resemble that remark!! :D lol @ bulldozer dropoff :D
Reminds me off a time i was working at this trotter farm. -They bred horses for the trots. I came to work one morning to jog the horses around the track which was basically just a graded ring in an old paddock. Really lousy job and even lousier pay but it was cash money so went well with my doel cheque. Anyway, i'd had a BIG week previous with f/a sleep.Cut long story short- I fell asleep while jogging the horses and woke up in the creek. 3 of the horses bar 1 had snapped their lead rope-2 being stallions that were now proceding to kick the crap out of each other, and i was there with a broken wing.
Yeah nothing like the good ol' indian doctor feelgood doc' when ya need that quick fix lol :D

Nah just havin' a joke russ, just treat me with the ignorance i deserve mate :D

T

ThirstyKenny

Oh when i jogged the horses around i did it with a tractor and frame on wheels that held 4 horses. I didn't run beside them ;)

N

noyd666

wellof topic = way it should be bit of a laugh is good medicine, tracter frame sounds like russell crowe at =gladiators lol ya,ha. beauty noot.

N

noyd666

thirsty i sorta go with what kangativa is saying, because of someone i know fronted up to the wigg, and he raved on about the stories you might have heard about the rest of world getting softer on herb, but said to jury it is still against the ozy law so, i dont think we have jury nullification in oz, i read world wide , toke of town is ok , things appear to soften, but dont suit every one. fuk em anyway.

T

ThirstyKenny

Bummer, I was hopin it would be legal by next Boxing Day so I could smoke a big spliff on Bondi with my aunties.
Smoke a big spliff with dear aunty reguardless mate. The laws haven't stopped another million Aussies from smokin' at the beach :)

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Oh when i jogged the horses around i did it with a tractor and frame on wheels that held 4 horses. I didn't run beside them ;)
picture.php

OldSkoolKlein

I normally am not in the habit of plugging or bumping my own threads but this will be an exception. If you live in NSW, check this post out and rather than preach to the converted here, how about we sorta destroy the stereotype of the 'lazy, dumbass stoner' and tell the govt what we know and get more converts to preach to.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=252003

It's info on the possible use of Medical Marijuana in NSW.

Submissions close Feb 15.
OSK.

S

Sat X RB

We will have to agree to disagree Persephone. I think Australia has on the whole become much less tolerant in general and much more conservative. 10 years ago there was little mention of mental health being linked to cannabisl use, there were better laws in relation to cannabis in many states. We also nevewr used to have a National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre like we do now to promote propaganda. Also when was the last time the Australian media had a positive story about pot? You can google many articles about the benefits of cannabis but the Australian press simply ignore them.

As I've said previously, I hope I am wrong.

I 'm wondering if the apparent conservatism shown by politicians is a reaction to their dope smoking youth? an over reaction to 'prove' they weren't really into that stuff?

y'know, like Clinton's copout "... I smoked it but didn't inhale"! (was it Clinton?)

people are like that I 've found. for example a relative by marriage ... very friendly tolerant guy at home ... won't introduce me to ANYONE in public because he's in local politics and is being groomed to take a federal seat at some future time. he doesn't want to take the risk of potentially blotting his copybook by seeming too familiar with radical me.

but I wonder if ... because the issue of legalising Cannabis is such a piss-ant problem for any society to resolve ... that one day the light will dawn and there will be a quick 'tip-over' of attitudes in favour of legalising Cannabis.

anyway, I for one can't wait for whatever happens. I know what I 'm doing for the rest of my life and how I 'm gunna do it ....

So fuck the laws!

Onward!

Terroir

Nope

I agree with Boom that in the last decade we have gone backwards.

Couldnt believe it when a few weeks ago i read about a kid jailed for 1.2gs of bud. Aboriginal, in the country, known to police find a bit of bud and put him in jail for it.

A guy i went to school with is a cop. NIce guy, bit fucked up in the head. I see him at weddings once a year or so and he always has good stories re jumping out of burning buildings and the like in pursuit of someone or something. Any way i have spoken to him at length re cannabis and he let slip that he has never ever given someone a cannabis caution which he is entitled to do. It looks better on his arrest record to go the full monty.

If we do move forward it will be under the medicinal banner and it wont be anything like california. More like what Canada is proposing and growing your own will still be illegal. The hoops and red tape will make it so hard you will be better off importing it from Cali. Terminal patients need only apply will be a key point of it me thinks.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
when saying they will legalize pot will win them votes ,
they will do it ,, hahahaha

i read they are doing a study currently on legalizing for medicinal needs,
it will be finished in march or may ,, something like that ..

government needs to echo social acceptability,
when we cry out enough ,, with a loud enough voice ,
things will change ..

G

Hey Kenny, figured I could find hanging around here. I think we registered on the same day about 2 weeks ago and we swapped messages in your Intro thread. I noticed your post count today and reminded me what you mentioned in post 12 "i'm not a super chatty person so my post count probably won't be active", looks pretty active to me. lol Glad your making good use so far. Looks like you made'd a lot of friends. Good for you and them.