What's new

Do You Think M.J Will Ever Be Legalized Or Decrimed In Oz???

mwz

Veteran
Weed is already decriminalized in some states and territories of Australia.

Weed will never be legalized. The best we can hope for is regulated, just like cigarettes and alcohol. certain conditions on both the seller and buyers side must be met with alcohol, for example both must be over 18. Weed would be no different, and it's an important point to make when arguing.

15 years ago, Australia was considered as progressive with respect to weed. But NOTHING has changed since. Why? IMO a long lasting liberal government with conservative values.

mwz

Veteran
You don't want them to regulate it anyway. Just look at what they've done to cigarettes. Yeah, sure ... no one may arrest you for smoking a spliff, ... but you'll get bombarded with advertizements on how your pot smoking hobby will kill you.

mwz

Veteran
I can see the advertizement now, up high on a bill board ...

"SMOKING POT WILL MAKE YOU PARANOID!!!"

and you'll wander around asking yourself why you're paranoid.

N

noyd666

Hey Kenny, figured I could find hanging around here. I think we registered on the same day about 2 weeks ago and we swapped messages in your Intro thread. I noticed your post count today and reminded me what you mentioned in post 12 "i'm not a super chatty person so my post count probably won't be active", looks pretty active to me. lol Glad your making good use so far. Looks like you made'd a lot of friends. Good for you and them.
join in mate, were laughing while we are toking.

T

ThirstyKenny

Hey Keif, how are ya mate? Ya know i was thinking about you the other day when i was looking at my post count and what we were talking about. Was gonna say gday to ya but realized it was a different member called Keif Sweat. No relation? :D. Yep made some good mates already but like noydy said 'join in mate, always room for one more ' :)

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If more American states go for legalisation and it becomes the norm over there... who knows? The crackdown began in USA so perhaps it has to end there too?

The cancer fighting aspect alone is amazing plus all the problems associated with an ageing society that could be helped a lot. Throw in pain relief, insomnia, MS, etc etc

Its big pharma that is keeping it down via their stooges in power i guess.

G

Hey folks, thanks for the hospitality. I live in Colorado, just south of Denver along the front range of the Rocky mnts. For the last 10 yrs been running a small grow, just for personal recreational use. Late 50's, normal wear of body parts going on given my age, so I guess I could claim I smoke for pain, but honestly, I just enjoy it. Legalization here has really relieved the stress of growing, not having to worry about your life being ruined at any given moment and loosing all your property. It's still illegal at a federal level but I think the small basement growers like me OK with what the state has passed.

Keif

ozzieAI

Veteran
i would really like to see this happen so my personal circumstances don't make me a criminal for growing my own supply for medical/personal use. however given the current climate, change is very slow and would need a far greater participation level to get things going faster...maybe...one day...if....

Ghostdark11

I sincerely hope NSW does along with other states. I would love to get off pain meds and and get some proper relief legally.

V_MAN

Things have to change for the better and soon, Yes I believe it will be soon. never soon enough though.