What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro??? Let them eat Cookies!

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Amazing work chunky, do you ever have any issues in the hoops or outdoors with hemp canker where you get lesions on the stem that can kill individual branches or entire plants?

Peace

Mimpi Manis

You know your stuff man. Love the flowers... all of them. Nothing like a little colour to brighten up one's day. Not to mention terrific pics from someone who seems to know how to handle a camera. What is the new rig we wonder? Full framer perhaps? We can only dream about the freedom and access to stellar genetics you guys have. Still the Middle Ages where I live. Backward hardly comes close. Its still all hysteria and misinformation here. (Think snakes, spiders and bouncy animals). Look forward to all those new and improved images. Nice work Sir. MM

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Amazing work chunky, do you ever have any issues in the hoops or outdoors with hemp canker where you get lesions on the stem that can kill individual branches or entire plants?

Peace
not that I know of...

...What is the new rig we wonder? Full framer perhaps? ....
I wish...
Nikon D7000 with a 90mm 2.8 macro

Welcome to the race to the bottom
pretty certain I'm still racing my way to the top homie.

I had my best season again, most new plots planted in a season, brought several dozen new and old flavors to my homies, helped growers from coast to coast amend their soil for pennies, and wound up working with the best permitted growers in the state this year. #ThanksSlow (and everyone else) and I'm getting better pics too. woo-hoo!

the pay is exactly the same as all the previous seasons, all the dank meds me and my friends can smoke...

The lakeside plot is still rocking it's way to a November finish, at least for the Wedding Cake, she likes some cold to bring out the purps.
DSC_1336.JPG

Chem 91 doing her thing with the leaves...
DSC_1339.JPG

Never sprayed for pests or fungus, no liquid feeds, rainwater Bro.
Chem 91 : SKVA10.28.23.JPG

DSC_1330.JPG
low budget, low maintenance, big return of flowers.
DSC_1329.JPG

Very different story at the legal OP, probably costs them $300 more per pound to produce than my style...
but they do it in style all the way with all the best toyz and helpers aplenty when needed.
DSC_0880.JPG

30 on the crew to harvest and hang about 1/3 acre in a day.
DSC_0857 copy.JPG

the dehu system needed to dry all this is insane and takes multiple generators.
DSC_0837 copy 2.JPG

It's a massive gamble to invest this much time, money, equipment, and labor into a crop when there are only 20 stores open to sell it so far... their Indoor OP is waiting on permit, hopefully it will be close enough to home that I can document it for them also.
DSC_0830 copy.JPG

AND their outdoor looks a whole bunch more better than mine for all that extra money...

Do you even OGKB Bro?
DSC_0699 copy.JPG

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
It’s funny …you were the one who was foreshadowing The death of the industry to me
Dude, I still don't see how the legal NY market competes against the traditional, the 10 established big medical companies that just got permitted to supply the stores with indoor product, or the THC tax of half a cent per milligram of THC in flower. what will a $6-700 Thc tax do to the cost of top shelf weed? in NY now it costs around $1,000 in testing fees to get a 5-10# batch though testing, this is like another hidden tax.

What’s all that weed going to be worth chunky ?do you even know?
I have no clue, whatever the buyers will pay like everywhere else. Jodrey was saying in this podcast that people estimate that a NY weed permit will resell for 30 million eventually when federal legalization opens up banking so making money this season on what you grew is not always the main objective to savvy investors...

I’m happy for you but I can’t stand looking at it and I’m sorry
Thanks, I'm not quitting, just going to keep finding the folks committed to growing and keep doing it as long as I'm ambulatory...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yeah, NY is an interesting microcosm repeating many of the previous faults of other states' rollouts because they tried avoiding those mistakes.
For now, the Rec market is flooded with stuff I wouldn't smoke. Eventually, the state is slated to be home to premier brands/products.

Its not hard to see what the industry in NY looks like in 10 years.
The hard part is figuring out what will happen between now and then.

I had fun this year.
Maybe I'll still be in NY for next year. But as of now, likely gonna go back west since that one op didn't work out for me.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Yeah, NY is an interesting microcosm repeating many of the previous faults of other states' rollouts because they tried avoiding those mistakes.
For now, the Rec market is flooded with stuff I wouldn't smoke. Eventually, the state is slated to be home to premier brands/products.

Its not hard to see what the industry in NY looks like in 10 years.
The hard part is figuring out what will happen between now and then.

I had fun this year.
Maybe I'll still be in NY for next year. But as of now, likely gonna go back west since that one op didn't work out for me.
who were you working with?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
been clearing a space for my greenhouse and I'm smoking a joint of double OG chem and waiting on the dozer to show up... was like this
DSC_4267.JPG

it's going in here between the electric poles.

greenhouse clearing 12.4.23.JPG

it will be 8 segment of one of these... 54' long by 22' wide
chunky in hoop.jpg

DSC_4237.JPG

I'm going to bit hard on Jay's style next season, gonna look something like this in my hoop hopefully... #TwelvePlantsOneLight
Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 8.29.39 AM.png

got everything but bed one cleaned up, almost there, loving global warming so far, temps in 50's coming again....

DSC_4275.JPG

bed 3 and 4 flooding again this week. gotta move them away from the edge of that creek...

bed 4 12.3.23.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts