What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you belive in love?

G

BushyOldGrower said:
Spiritual Seeker eh?

Agnes, you did get a rise out of me today and the language barrier may be a bit difficult for you as I often use old fashioned sayings like that.

Where are you from? Are you a female? BOG

Yes, I belive I have a soul that 'owns' my body. But that doenst means that I have to belive in love.

Simple prof;

What is this my hand or I hand? It is mine. Whose? My soul's.

Agnes

G

To believe in love.........it is not something you believe in or not believe in. It just is.

But their are so many types and levels of love. It seems kind of unexplainable.
I think relationships can last forever, most don't seem to but I know they can.
What I meant in my earlier post was that if your love for another falls away for one resaon or another, you can love again and again and again.

I think it would be such a sad world if after we end a relationship, we can't have another? Why not?

Open your mind and heart to it, and if you get hurt, dust yourself off and get on with it.

G

I dont believe love for our children is a choice. I think it just is. Love for another adult may be a choice but for our children i think its just like built in and pure.
I have to disagree and say that Love is a Choice...

It can't be automatic with parents loving their children or we wouldn't have abandoned babies, children, or those parents that kill their own kids, wouldn't do that.... It can't be just built in, because my own father doesn't give a rats ass about me, and never has.... :rolleyes:
I think its' common to think that the love comes naturally when you yourself have children; you can't imagine you or anyone feeling any other way, but there are some folks out there that I believe, for whatever reason, are just not capable of love....

Last edited:
G

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song,
And I’ll try not to sing out of key.
I get by with a little help from my friends,
I get high with a little help from my friends,
Going to try with a little help from my friends.
What do I do when my love is away.
(does it worry you to be alone)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(are you sad because you’re on your own)
No I get by with a little help from my friends,
Do you need anybody,
I need somebody to love.
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to love.
Would you believe in a love at first sight,
Yes I’m certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see when you turn out the light,
I can’t tell you, but I know it’s mine.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Do you need anybody,
I just need someone to love,
Could it be anybody,
I want somebody to love.
I get by with a little help from my friends,
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends,
With a little help from my friends.​

G

Glad to see we got all that worked out,Agnes caused quit the stir huh!!!!I will leave you with these final thoughts on the subject,Love is......Forever!!!!If it aint you aint.On a lighter note,.......Dad is that you!!!!!!

G

mean mr.mustard said:
And if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with :smile:

Stephen Stills, he's the man.................

dociron

pieceofmyheart said:
Stephen Stills, he's the man.................

That's NOT what you told me!! :spank:

But seriously,, yes,, there is such a thing as love, it starts with honestly accepting and loving yourself, then you can truly see, hear, and feel the other.

MsG? I would hazard a guess and say the man did not honestly hold him self as valuable much less lovable, and thus, could not value, much less love,
and dear lady? For the record,, he suffered a great loss by not being able to love you.

I have honestly been impressed with you. You are indeed a valuable and lovable lady,,
much :respect:................ Dociron lightly bows his balding head to a fellow human being,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, take care and be well ma'am :wave:

Last edited:

dociron

lol,, I looked up and read the thread title again,, "belive" in love?

Kewl!! I do my best,, sometimes it is hard to be and live in love,, lol,,
but it keeps me alive!! :woohoo:

G

dociron said:
lol,, I looked up and read the thread title again,, "belive" in love?

Kewl!! I do my best,, sometimes it is hard to be and live in love,, lol,,
but it keeps me alive!! :woohoo:

*sends her friend a huge hug and kiss*

just saw the previous post.....hehehe no, you da man dociron, you da man!

Last edited:
G

:smile: well dociron, gosh... i appreciate you sayin' so, that's sweet.... and yea, he has really made some poor choices in his life and one of the worst ones in my opinion, is not caring about the relationship he has or don't have with me... and i'm his only child... what a dummy:bashhead:....
:bigeye:

oh an just an observation, it seems Agnes is not from the US and English is not their native tounge... and perhaps that is why the belive instead of believe.. :biglaugh: ya know that i before e thing, always gets me:D ... i dun'tknow if thats the case, just sayin' :rasta: maybe...

:wave:

G

:D one is misspelled :confused:

:chin:edit: i'm sorry are you asking about the weird english rule i before e?? ... lol... if you are, here is what I found...

I Before E, Except After C
© Copyright 1999, Jim Loy

I suppose you have heard the English spelling rule, "I before E, except after C". It covers most of the bases: "thief," "grief," "believe," "relieve," etc., or (after "c") "receive," "ceiling," "conceit," etc. This rule, essentially applies to "ie" or "ei" which have an "ee" (long e) sound. Others (ay or other sounds) are usually spelled "ei." Here are some words with these other sounds:

beige
feint
feisty
foreign
forfeit
heifer
height
heir
heist
neighbor
reign
rein
seismometer
their
veil
vein
weigh (weight)
Then there are quite a few exceptions ("ee" sound, but spelled "ei"):

codeine
either
Keith
leisure
neither
seize
weird
Or not an "ee" sound, but spelled "ie":

friend
hierarchy, hieroglyphics
Of course "either" and "neither" are pronounced differently (and are not exceptions to the rule) outside the USA.

A few words have a syllable break between the two vowels ("deity," "science"), and their spellings are fairly obvious. Most foreign words retain their foreign spelling: "concierge," "Heimlich," "leitmotif." And words with prefixes and suffixes ("being," "deice" (usually spelled "de-ice") "reinvent") should be obvious.

Last edited:
G

no need to be sorry, Agnes... :smile:

american English rules are strange sometimes... :crazy: