What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you belive in love?

G

There are so many forms of love and love surrounds us everyday in all it's forms. There is the love we feel for our children and our families. The love we feel for our friends both two legged and furry, the love of our beautiful planet on a nice spring day and the love we feel everyday for God's special gift to us.

Romantic love is real too, as real as the air we breathe and the ground we walk on. One of the problems with love is that it's too easy to confuse attraction and lust with love. I think it gets a lil easier to tell between the two as you get older but I don't think love itself ever gets any easier. I'm 51 years old and sometimes I get just as lovesick as when I was in High School.I think love is Magic and the world needs as much Magic as it can get.

Freakazoid44

The love I share with my children is pure and powerful beyond anything I ever imagined. For those who have had great romantic love and think they know what love is, but have never had children to love, I suggest you would be shocked by your capacity to love.

Romantic love.... it exists, but do I "believe" in it? I think believing in it suggests buying into the idea that it's a great thing, and worth the struggles.

I'm probably not built for that kind of relationship. I'm ruggedly and fiercely independent, and I'm also not into bullshit and games. When I do my comparison columns of the angst, pain, tears, fears and misery caused by the pursuit of love, or trying to keep it and compare it to the joys of love itself, I conclude it's simply not worth it. And whenever I get amorous/affectionate/crush-like feelings towards someone, and consider trying to start something, I consider all the bullshit that always comes along with it. Quite simply, to enjoy that kind of bliss, I'd have to fundamentally change who I am, as a person, or I have to find someone who is a kindred spirit. The very nature of my own indepenent pursuits and interests means I probably won't cross paths with someone similarly pursuing their own inner calling. I don't even have enough time to give my kids and to do what I want to do with my life. I'm willing to give it up for the kids, because their existence is entirely my doing. Am I willing to give up that much more of myself for a "partner"? Been there, done that, and it finally ended when she demanded that I give up the shell of my former self that was still left.

While it makes me melancholy to think of the loneliness that will sometimes have to be endured, I've resigned myself to it because I know I'll be happier alone and doing what makes me happy than being with someone, fighting for my very existence to be as an individual.

Last edited:
V

vonforne

For love, I set aside my male pride and I listened.
For love, I learned to compromise.
For love, I learned to respect.
For love, I give without remorse for material things.
For love, I would gladly give my life.
Yes, I do believe in love.

Last edited:
G

I don't belive in love. Single for the chosen... of the others girls :'(

Ms.Grat3ful

Sunshine DayDreamer
Veteran
mace_ecam said:
you can't by love... but you can rent it! :D
lol...funny.... I've often heard that.... but I say, ......" you can't rent real love"...... :smoker:

Love is also a lot of hard work.... :biglaugh: You gotta' wanna give it as much as you want it given to you.... :2cents: ... IMVHO :wink:

G

i believe every emotion is formed from love.......anger is nothing more than non acceptance... of your present reality...peace

Last edited:

Ms.Grat3ful

Sunshine DayDreamer
Veteran
mastermagic said:
i believe every emotion is formed from love.......anger is nothing more than non acceptance... of your present reality...peace
I can dig it!...
....and it's up to us to change it if we don't like it....:ying:

:rasta:

EastCoastE

I believe in love for sure, but the not the storybook kind. To me, real love, especially in a long-term sense, becomes more about "Can I deal with this person every day and not bludgeon them?" Because any of the couples I've seen who actually "made it" (20+ years) all have told me that romance dies after the first few years, then it's all about sacrifice and making "it" work. Of course romance rears its' ugly head every so often, but you know what I mean! All of this being said, I DO know a lot of people who think they're in love, but are totally NOT. So there's definitely a lot of people out there kidding themselves! :sasmokin:

G

Love... Love is your best friend and worst enemy all rolled in to one. About two years ago I met this gal,a few years older than I. We worked together and became very close friends,a couple months after knowing her I started to look at her differently,and before I knew it she was all I could think about. I was so madly in love with this woman had she asked me to find the tallest building in town and jump off,I'd have done it. I kept my feelings secret the whole time fearing I would lose a friend so I kept my mouth shut and continued on as so. She didnt have a boyfriend and didnt seem to be in any hurry to find one....

Anyways we would go out and do various activities always having fun. Well one night we had a few drinks,some things were said and I gave her a ride home... Before she got outta my car she hopped up and leaned over and gave me a kiss... Man I hadnt been that excited in a long time,I think I was hoop'in and holler'in louder than my damn stereo,Why? I had just landed the fish of my dreams... I've had girlfriends before but never had much more than "lust" feelings which would quickly die away and leave me wanting to move on. But with "her".... It only got stronger. We were together total for about 7-8 months (not including time as "friends") and everything seemed to be going so perfect. For once in my life I was content,and truely happy...

When june rolled around it was time for her birthday,I took her out shopping and dropped a few hundred on her. Towards the end of june I could tell things were going wrong. We would make plans and she would blow them off like they ment nothing,showed no affection and made no attempt at comunication. A couple days after she had blown me off on our "big night" that we had planned,she pretty much hinted to me that I'm not to call or come by,and it took alot of trying on my parts to salvage anything that was left of our friendship. To add insult to injury,my birthday was on the following month (july) ... She wouldnt even tell me happy birthday,I felt like crying.

I tried hard as hell to keep from losing the woman that I loved but she wasnt feeling what I was then there was no point at all. I still to this day cant figure out what I had done,or went wrong and our "friendship" while quite strong now is still pretty fragile and I dont wanna dig up a past thats still very painful for me. She acts like the whole thing never happened now,I act that way as well cause my pride wont let the hurt show. We've been apart for a couple months now and I'd still give anything for that phone to ring and her to be on the other end wanting to work things out... But I know it wont happen. I aint gunna say she broke my heart but she did crack the hell out of it. Flings have come and gone in my life,but this was my first true love,and I know that now.

At the tender age of 23 I know this isnt the end of life as I know it,I'm still alive but life has left me far from in one piece (its been a long 23 years!). I'm still not over her,and wont be for a long especially because I feel the relationship was ended on a horrible note and I'm the kind that likes to set things right even if I dont win in the end. But she was so un-cooperative that I just dropped everything,let her have it all and walked away.

When your in love with someone who is in love with you,your on top and untouchable and living every breath with no regrets. Life stops,the world does not exhist,troubles melt away and fear is no longer felt. But... When your love doesnt love you back,you've hit the bottom and fell through the floor. A non physical pain unlike anything you've ever felt has consumed every ounce of you. Your trapped in a hell,and the only one with the key to your escape has already walked away and wont look back.... Jesus I could go on forever...

It's not that bad now,although sometimes no matter where I'm at occasionally it all resurfaces and the emotions hit me like a brick to the head and I tend to tear up quick. It really pisses me off to,the last time a woman made me cry was almost 14 years ago when my grandmother left this earth. All six feet,180lbs that claims to be afraid of nothing... Yeah its pretty pathetic lol.

Ehh... Long story short,yeah I believe in love but more so I belive in the saying nothing lasts forever.

Love is the epidomy of happiness,and the darkest nightmare you could ever experience.

Sorry about the long rant...

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Steven :wave: ..That was a very touching story, thank you for sharing that with us, not pathetic at all, you just never know what this woman was thinking, some ppl [men and women] cant or dont want to have commited relationships, maybe she felt like she was getting too close and backed off...things were fine when it was just friends but once it changed she couldnt handle it, but thats just my dumb opinion..hehehe...it could have been a number of things that changed how she felt...but you have to put your heart out there at times or you wont experience what life has to offer...good and bad...you sound like a good person, just keep doin that :D and good things will happen...thanks again for opening up to us :joint:

Well I do believe in love but Im also jaded. Due to a former job I had at a gentlemens club...NO I DIDNT STIP SO DONT ASK :) But anyway I saw man after man come in...spend money...ask for extras...wedding ring on the finger. Found several lost wedding bands from when they were tying to HIDE the fact they were married. Watch just about everything you can imagine to break down my sense of trust.
I dont like hearing I LOVE you because to me those are simply words. Its what you do and how you treat the person that shows your love. So having loved and having lost many times....and even once with the person I thought was THE ONE...I still believe.
But I also believe that each of us is constantly changing. Each day we get a lil older and a little wiser....and things that were so important 5 years ago...may not be the same things that are equally important to us today. In todays world nobody even wants to try anymore...just easier to walk away...or so it seems.
Anyway right now is my healing time...I hope to find love agian....but I know I will always have Mary Jane :)

Latest posts

Latest posts