What's new

Do u like football/soccer?

i_score

well mourinho is the new inter milan manager, lets see if he can lift up the italian "calcio",im shure he as all the ressources that he needs to make a great team!!

J

Jack Crevalle

Well seems like Robinho will also be in England soon. Man United or Chelsea is his new home, shit, let me ask a scary question, is England the new Spain in terms of stealing the world's top talent? Everyone is getting lured there now, I bet it's just because it's Summer and the weather is decent, wait 'till winter rolls around LOL..$$ talks, bullshit walks?

Tokermon

nah it's more than money that attracts the top players to the premiership. the domination in europe by premiership teams, the fast paced exciting style of football, the stadiums which are full every game, the fans support and singing etc.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys - anyone watch the opening of the Euros last night? Switzerland vs Czech Republic wasn't very good, but Portugal vs Turkey was an entertaining match.

My personal highlight was an amazing diagonal crossfield ball by Deco straight up to Simao/Gomes.

Hope for more good games tonight

The creation of the English Premier League for the sole pupose of carving up the TV rights money from Sky Sports changed the football landscape of England forever. Before then, whilst english teams were exciled from european competition, Italy and Spain had the most money to attract the worlds best players...gradually the EPL has become the place where the best wages can be earned.

krepis

Congratulations Oranjes! 3-0!

The Dutch played well I don't think Italy has lost with three goals for awhile(ever :D) and . I think this was the first really entertaining game of the EUROs, there's not mutch to talk about the other matches basically they have been just lurking, becouse none of them want to lose the first match.

Netherlands played great, Sneijder was all over the place and defense was suprisingly good. I really like the short passing game that the Netherlands play even thou there was lots of high passes in this match & the counter attacks was the shit. Also very nice goals. Italy, quite faint appearance and let's keep in mind from the reigning world champions, on the contrary there's lot to improve. All in all let's hope that the intensivity stays like this.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was a very entertaining game - unfortunately I missed the France game. Really looking forward to the Spain game coming up.

Anyone want to have a little guess at golden boot of the Euros? I'm going for van Nistelrooy

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TheLaydeKillaz said:
I'll take a guess at Podolski. As a Liverpool fan I'd like it to be Torres though.

Me too and I would've picked Torres but I heard a stat that Spain have only scored more than 1 goal in a match once in the last 10 games.

Doesn't exactly inspire, and el Nino and Villa don't seem to combine well in my opinion. Shame about Babel getting crocked eh? He was going to have a killer tourney

i_score

well spain was at full speed against russia, i was predicting an equal match but it was one side only on the pitch, villa scored an hattrick an is the leading scorer of the euro, so far 4 team showned strong and competetive sides, but its still the first game so its still all open.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone watching Switzerland - Turkey?

_44738994_sky416getty.jpg

It's a little wet....

(oh and Scolari is the new Chelsea manager. Bad move in my opinion - doesn't speak English and will struggle with the media attention)

i_score

yes sammet,deco is in great shape, making amazing passes, and picking up the responsability of the game, and ronaldo is starting to get more involved,he made some good moves, one goal and one goal assist, i think he will explode in the upcoming match, quaresma didnt had time to show alot but he scored an easy goal and portugal its in the quarter finals, the next game should be interesting because scolari will make some players rest and then we will see some more action from nani and quaresma.
peace

RealSupreme

i_score said:
yes sammet,deco is in great shape, making amazing passes, and picking up the responsability of the game, and ronaldo is starting to get more involved,he made some good moves, one goal and one goal assist, i think he will explode in the upcoming match, quaresma didnt had time to show alot but he scored an easy goal and portugal its in the quarter finals, the next game should be interesting because scolari will make some players rest and then we will see some more action from nani and quaresma.
peace

:yes:

true.

Portuguese players are playing like real Champs and the whole nation is joined in this wish to win!
Best luck for this BIG country!

p.s. Scolari signs with chelsea after Euro , ... i think is a bad choice too, he is a good person and he knows a lot about personal motivation but in fact he doesn't realize anything about soccer tactics,and that is the truth. in my opinion I think they are going to be badly served..

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scolari said he didn't want to take the England managers job because of all the press - He's going to have a hard time at Chelsea if that's the case..

H

Hazeseeker

I agree Sammet :yes: , there will be alot of pressure to bring the cups into the trophy cabinet, i'm looking forward to the new season starting already, it should be a really close call again this time. i watched the Portugal game last night as well and have to say they're looking really good, got a feeling France are gonna win tho, anyone think Ronaldo will go to Real Madrid or stay at Man U?

Peace
Hazeseeker :rasta:

Last edited: