What's new

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

G

I'm a moderator/member of more than one general gardening sites..

I'm a moderator/member of more than one general gardening sites..

Most Gardeners are women..
In lots of native cultures, it's the women who assue the task of gardening and labor, maybe it has roots in that ?? lol at any rate you go girls! Some of the nicest outdoor gardens i have ever seen belong to women, and the nicest outdoor pot garden ive seen on here belongs to a "mrs." so that says something too.

cj

G

and the nicest outdoor pot garden ive seen on here belongs to a "mrs." so that says something too.
I know dat's right... uhhhuuu uuhhhhuuu :dance:

:respect: to the Mrs.:wink: You know who You are!!!...

G

much love to ALL the canna-chicks out there, Mrs. G , i'm afraid to see what u could do od, mayb next year she'll have some competition! lol

Y chromasome haver,
cap

G

CaptainJack said:
much love to ALL the canna-chicks out there, Mrs. G , i'm afraid to see what u could do od, mayb next year she'll have some competition! lol

Y chromasome haver,
cap

ooohhh, no no no.. sorry to say Cap that you won't be seeing an outdoor garden from the Grat3fuls anytime soon....

Last edited:
G

word, much respect and love from a good ol' Texas boy o'er here to all the lady grower's, he was telling his young lady recently how he wished he knew a few female grower's...

goes to show, he does, just online, not in real life. May God bless all of you,
and please enlighten the other ignoramus'es, regardless of our gender, as you can.

and it really duz suck not being able to have an outdoor grow. :( even in Cali, your buddy has read about ppl with like 30 plants in a greenhouse getting snitched on by the neighbors... that's some bullshit.

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
I have never really thought about this ...but its a good point Duthie! :)
I kinda assumed it'd be like 50/50 but i guess its actually more like 80/20 (%)
but I will try to encourage more women growers from this day uintil my last... lol
I admire the nurturing touch (hopefully) women will bring to growing and feel that the more people who grow the better... GOOD THREAD MAN/BRO/MATE/BOY :joint: lollollol
Peace!

G

I think a female grower is probably better than a male grower. Not to stereotype, but us men arent the cleanist gender nor do we pay great attention to details. Women far exceed us in these traits which come in handy in growing.

Though I have a long standing rule, not to be with a girl that smokes or grows ( i do enough for two people) it would be interesting to be with a women that grew

Nevermind

mtf-shaman

having a partner to grow with can be rewarding only if everything else is ok, i would love to find a warm caring decent guy to spend my years with again but with security issues what they are it is a daunting task so i am not going to look, i figure if i am to love again it will find me

G

Gender-based gardening

Gender-based gardening

The differences between East and West, in terms of philosophy, are much the same general differences between stereo-typical male and female characteristics in my opinion.

I think that gardening is alot like surfing, or painting art with one's eyes closed, regardless of gender, and regardless of what's being gardened. It's a connectedness. If you can't 'sense' what is happening around you, and whatever you're doing needs to be shouted at you, or written in black and white, then you're not connected to its spirt or heart, be it plant, ocean and surf board, art, partner, etc.

Is that genetic or learned? Don't know, but typically we credit women with intutition, and that's all about 'connectedness.'

The difference between Rembrandt and the average house painter. Connectedness, intuition, and the mind's imagery

Regards,

moose eater :wave:

mmm420socal

Hi...IM a dude and I just wanted to say that I feel women are the BETTER growers, generally.

Anything that takes patience and attention to detail is a womans forte' without a doubt...Brute strength and stamina goes to men generally...Therefore I vote women as best overall growers.

MMM

G

I used to own a Lanscapeing company. All the experience I have had, women are the better gardners hands down, they have patience which alot of us guys tend to rush and skip steps. They are thorough and meticulious.

mtf-shaman

women growers

women growers

pieceofmyheart said:
Go find playground dear, this isn't one.

been out of the playground for over 32 years and a med pt for 10, i can grow just as well as any other person, male or female.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
mtf-shaman said:
been out of the playground for over 32 years and a med pt for 10, i can grow just as well as any other person, male or female.
OH my, my my my. I wasn't talking to you. Seems that some posts must have been deleted between ours. I was shocked when I ventured back into the thread and saw that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

BagseedSamurai

I never assume women cant grow. Actually, I view them as preturnaturally better, considering thier motherly nature. If i met a girl who grew I would be after her in a heartbeat,

mtf-shaman

pieceofmyheart said:
OH my, my my my. I wasn't talking to you. Seems that some posts must have been deleted between ours. I was shocked when I ventured back into the thread and saw that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

yes it does seem that the thread has been altered, i too am sorry i flew off the handle a bit .....shaman

Latest posts

Latest posts