What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

G

IMO, women are nurturers by instinct. Therefore, I believe they should have an advantage as growers.....but, I could be wrong. :D MG

I don't think women should have to hide their gender so they dont' get harassed by net perverts. theire personal info? sure. but not their gender.

right on ms herbal!! we women growers need to be watchful of these net players. it seems no matter what forum i am in, some "man" decides i am lonely. oh ya uhuh... but as far as growing ability? if you can build a box, add a few lights, and water, then yes women can grow. i have had men look at my c22 pics, and comment how it looks like a woman built it. i do hope they ment it in a nice way!! so yep, add one more woman grower to the list!

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pseudochile said:
I don't think women should have to hide their gender so they dont' get harassed by net perverts. theire personal info? sure. but not their gender.

Yes I do agree with you but as my wife of 20 years has said ,men are just big kids with brains the size of their little heads that they keep in their pants. Not all of us are that way some of us have been schooled to understand, man or women it does'nt matter, to me a grower is a grower as some of the fine ladies on this site have proved. But yes pseudochile I must agree that some of us men are pigs but please understand that you are sometimes dealing with children so give them a good scolding and send them to their room with no bong hit for dinner. That a show him to respect the gender that put his trash talkin narrow minded ass on this earth.

Mr.Wags

G

Ive never met a women grower.. id love to though ..i think women can be better growers because yes they nurture and tend to be more loving then guys.. and this shows with more carefull attention to our ladie friends in the plant kingdom.. i was raised buy my mother and grandmother so im kinda girlie i guess :confused: but i dont mind i know it helps with my skills.. i use dude man alot in post but i try to gauge ot the users handle if they are male or female.. but that rarely works eh? sorry if i call any body out like that i dont meen to..

laters take care
greenfriend

sorry about what happen dg i read in icmag
hope all is well with you and yours now :yes:

trade

Here we go, already rolling out the gender stereotypes, the thinly veiled condascension of men, elevating your sense of self by belittling and devalueing the efforts of men. The assumption that women are better growers because they make better child rearers is laughable. 80% of violence toward children is had at the hand of their primary care giver, namely mothers. But l would be a fool to say that women will beat their gardens to death. These are logical fallacies. And quite sexist, not to mention chauvenistic.

And women are naturally better nuturers? They have an instinct for it? Hahhahhahaha. Nearly fell off my chair reading that behavioural myth. l set up a couple of women growers once. Did everything except grow for them. They literally killed the garden in one week. Called me up in the middle of the night, putting on their damsel in distress routines and asked me to come over and fix something. And guess who they blamed for killing their plants... the nearest men, the fella who introduced us and me. Never again. Also, can't count the number of times women resisted their menfolk setting up a grow, until the money came in. At which point they spent most of it, insisted on expanding the grow and took the credit for 'letting' him do it.

l've seen women strip engines and lay concrete. l've seen men run florists, arrange flowers and design interiors. Ever watched an episode of Queer Eye? They may be bent, but they are men. l'm confused. How can men have an eye for detail? Quite a few men are leading chefs and fashion designers. How can this be? It just doesn't match the received wisdom of gender stereotypes. The idea that men 'need to get in touch with their fem side' is so utterly condascending and reeks of superior mindedness. And it perpetuates the usual men/women are this/that nonsense.

This stuff just isn't very scientific, nor logical, nor reasonable, nor inquisitive. Its not even intuitive. It is prejudice and it is unnecessary in this place.

The cognitive dissonace of the sexist generalisations in this womens' forum is destroying my brain cells at an alarming pace. Spare us the gender politics. Keep this place PURE and true to cultivation.

Sure, l could just ignore these threads. l once ignored botrytis and mites, with devestaing results.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
LMAO

LMAO

trade said:
......snip...snip...
The cognitive dissonace of the sexist generalisations in this womens' forum is destroying my brain cells at an alarming pace....

They were already destroyed before you got here....now, go and seek help...before I have to :whip: you.

dg

Hello~Titty

Trade..why don't take crap somewhere else. I know it's scientifically proven that women get bored with uninteresting conversation..I almost fell a sleep reading your post (it was like being in college). Let's just keep it fun and real. And let us women figure things out on ourselves and with some help of the great people here (men or women). Dutchgrown is a fem .And you can talk tp alot of men on this site they will tell that she can outgrown anyone..man or female!!

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Watering in the nude

Watering in the nude

Perhaps it does HT....and on the flip side of that coin, well...always thought it very stimulating to watch Gypsy water our plants in the buff :eek: :wink:

:wave:
dg

G

:eek: that was some DISTURBING mental imagery :eek:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :eek:

Dutchgrown said:
Perhaps it does HT....and on the flip side of that coin, well...always thought it very stimulating to watch Gypsy water our plants in the buff :eek: :wink:

:wave:
dg

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello~Titty said:
does that arouse men....

We are men, we get aroused by a strong wind up the pants. :biglaugh: But watering in the buff now thats another story Teresa said she does it and she got tree's but also said to be carefull around the lights. :jawdrop:

Mr.Wags

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
HT....not sure where you are going with that....but raising your head up
under one of those that's been burning about 12 hours straight, with a shaved head like Gypsy's, can burn quite severely. Took the flesh right off....ouch!!!!!

dg