What's new

Do Any Of You Hash Headies Have Lung Problems?

shmalphy

Veteran
There was actually a study about this released the other day.
Marijuana users can breathe easier: Smoking joints didn’t hurt lung function in 20-year study

I agree that environmental factors are a huge part. Also, I agree that any evidence I have of negative effects of BHO on the lungs is anecdotal reports from users, not from a study.

Some COPD patients like ear wax as an expectorant. I find that it makes me wheezy after a week or 2. Not everyone's lungs will react the same way to even the same exact product. You just have to experiment and find what works best for your specific situation.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
we arent arguing, and no it does not. there are many other variables in your case that have not been stated. such as how long you have smoked weed, wether you ever smoked anything else, and even if you just live in a bad pollution area, to name a paltry few.

What is said about myself was true, but I was joking when I said I threw your argument for a loop. I do see what you are saying. Have a good day, :tiphat:.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
There was actually a study about this released the other day.
Marijuana users can breathe easier: Smoking joints didn’t hurt lung function in 20-year study

I agree that environmental factors are a huge part. Also, I agree that any evidence I have of negative effects of BHO on the lungs is anecdotal reports from users, not from a study.

Some COPD patients like ear wax as an expectorant. I find that it makes me wheezy after a week or 2. Not everyone's lungs will react the same way to even the same exact product. You just have to experiment and find what works best for your specific situation.

in my 20 year study on smoking pot, it was harmful. granted i used to smoke cigarrettes, but the fact that vaporizing makes no harm it seems, whereas weed smoke causes a lot for me(and most people i talk to agree excessive smoke seems damaging), seems to indicate pretty conclusively that for many, switching from smoking to vaporizing can have a hugely positive effect. i am not sure if its just vaporizing oil though, as all the people i know who have switched and report great respiratory benefits, are vaping oil, so switching to vaping weed may not be as beneficial i am not sure.

ithruxix

What it comes down to is that not all BHO is the same, and not all bud is the same. I can see smoking some strains, even organically, would be harsh unless extracted somehow. I think some strains are just easier on the lungs because their antioxidant properties are stronger. Also some strains might simply produce more irritants than others. If every strain has a different THC level, then I would assume there are other chemicals that are either present or absent in harsher strains.

See, where your logic is flawed... is where you state ... Ok, most of the post really spews falsities.

Dude, you are COMBUSTING pot. It's harmful. Plain and simple.

Grow some cotton organically, burn it and tell me it is less harmful than cotton grown with chemicals. Since you are BURNING cotton, it is releasing carcinogens, plain and simple.

I smoked reefer EVERY DAY, in MASS quantities. It KILLED my lungs. I made the logical choice to switch to vaping, and I honestly feel like a new person.

I know plenty of people who can clear a half G ALL DAY in one rip, shit I can. But guess what, since I stopped doing that (And I still can by the way) I KNOW my lungs are thanking me.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
we only have 1 pair of lungs and its not like they can be scraped clean or get new ones...

we HAVE to take every precaution to NOT hurt our lungs, but still enjoy this wonderful gift of the weed.....

BongRipkenJR.

Sources cited by the Institute of Medicine:

Hofmann, D., Brunnemann, K.D.,Gori,G.B. and Wynder, E.L. On the carcinogenicity of marijuana smoke, pp 63-81. In Runeckles, V.C. (ed) Recent Advances in Phytochemistry New York: Plenum Publishing Corp., 1975.

Hoffmann, D., Patrianakos, C., Brunneman, K.D., et al. Chromatographic determination of vinyl chloride in tobacco smoke. Anal Chem 48:47-50, 1976.

Brunnemann,K.D., Lee, H.C., and Hoffmann, D. Chemical studies on tobacco smoke. XLVII. On the quantitative analysis of catechols and their reduction. Anal. Lett. 9:939-955, 1976.

Brunnemann, K.D., Yu, L., and Hoffmann, D. Chemical Studies on tobacco somke. XLIX. Gas chromotographic determination of hydrogen cyanide and cynogen in tobacco smoke. J Anal. Toxicol. 1:38-42, 1977.

You see the years on those studies? What kind of marijuana was used? How was it grown? Was it confiscated from smugglers? Maybe it had crazy 1970's pesticide residuals on it just like the tabacco? I dunno, but that study seem bogus as some scientists are claiming cannabis is an antioxidant now.

C

chase

I definately get sore lungs from serius , hash smoking sesions . But I already have lung conditions.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cough alot too guys but am always coughing up clear mucus maybe just a little yellow color to it once in awhile and I do wake up coughing the same clear shit out all the time which gets pretty annoying but no black or grey stuff ever. Is that a bad thing you think?

Coughing really puts a big strain on your back & chest muscles and when you keep hacking all the time it's like they never get a chance to fully relax and heal. Fucking sucks.

Before I ever started smoking herb I never had this problem as a kid it only seemed to start as a mid-teenager when I first started smoking bud and I could definitely feel a change in my lungs and some tightness in the upper chest sometimes after smoking which sucked because back then I was blazing some old school Sativa's and the last thing you wanted to have after smoking some of that racy shit is a tight chest and feeling like you can't breathe afterwards cause then the panic set's in and you think you're gonna die and heart starts racing and shit. That was sure some wild shit when that happened! :bigeye: If you have ever been there you know what I'm talking about and it's a wild ride.

After a bad chest cold awhile ago I seem to still have the fucking hacking cough and some congestion in the upper chest. Some days it's not really there but others it's way worse and I'm coughing all fucking day and clearing my throat. So I have only been vaping or eating medibles now and I find that after vaping some organic bud the coughing seriously is greatly decreased as well as the clear mucus production goes way down which I assume is from the bronchial tubes being less aggravated and the THC & Cannabinoids soothing them and opening them up more. It's like they got irritated and just have yet to fully chill the fuck out and go back to normal. Maybe vaping some oil would help out? :joint:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I feel that when I'm dehydrated for a prolonged period my lungs do a horrible job.

Lately I've been doing excellent from running daily for about 6 months straight I didn't miss 1 day of at least 1 mile... and my lungs never felt better. Shit I would rip two huge ass bong rips and then go run.

I hurt my foot and decided to rest for a couple weeks and my lungs started acting up again.

But besides that, I've been taking huge ass bong rips for 10 years and in the last 5 I seriously can't remember 1 day without a few huge ass rips. This thread has me thinking a little bit...

Maybe.... (Takes Bong Rip)

Maybe.... I outta treat myself to a Volcano. :) Eh.... So many new vapes to look at, almost overwhelming.

hammalamma

Veteran
I cough alot too guys but am always coughing up clear mucus maybe just a little yellow color to it once in awhile and I do wake up coughing the same clear shit out all the time which gets pretty annoying but no black or grey stuff ever. Is that a bad thing you think?

Coughing really puts a big strain on your back & chest muscles and when you keep hacking all the time it's like they never get a chance to fully relax and heal. Fucking sucks.

Before I ever started smoking herb I never had this problem as a kid it only seemed to start as a mid-teenager when I first started smoking bud and I could definitely feel a change in my lungs and some tightness in the upper chest sometimes after smoking which sucked because back then I was blazing some old school Sativa's and the last thing you wanted to have after smoking some of that racy shit is a tight chest and feeling like you can't breathe afterwards cause then the panic set's in and you think you're gonna die and heart starts racing and shit. That was sure some wild shit when that happened! :bigeye: If you have ever been there you know what I'm talking about and it's a wild ride.

After a bad chest cold awhile ago I seem to still have the fucking hacking cough and some congestion in the upper chest. Some days it's not really there but others it's way worse and I'm coughing all fucking day and clearing my throat. So I have only been vaping or eating medibles now and I find that after vaping some organic bud the coughing seriously is greatly decreased as well as the clear mucus production goes way down which I assume is from the bronchial tubes being less aggravated and the THC & Cannabinoids soothing them and opening them up more. It's like they got irritated and just have yet to fully chill the fuck out and go back to normal. Maybe vaping some oil would help out? :joint:
You need some grapefruity goodness salad oil!:laughing:

I feel that when I'm dehydrated for a prolonged period my lungs do a horrible job.

Lately I've been doing excellent from running daily for about 6 months straight I didn't miss 1 day of at least 1 mile... and my lungs never felt better. Shit I would rip two huge ass bong rips and then go run.

I hurt my foot and decided to rest for a couple weeks and my lungs started acting up again.

But besides that, I've been taking huge ass bong rips for 10 years and in the last 5 I seriously can't remember 1 day without a few huge ass rips. This thread has me thinking a little bit...

Maybe.... (Takes Bong Rip)

Maybe.... I outta treat myself to a Volcano. :) Eh.... So many new vapes to look at, almost overwhelming.

I appreciate your story MileHighGuy!!!
This is what we should all be doing, our lungs are built to accept the holy smoke (or vapor) that sweet mary gifts us with, but we should all be doing the bit of extra work to help keep them at that point! how are our lungs supposed to fight infections when were not working them out?

But the main reason I quoted you, is to say DONT GET A VOLCANO! Please before you purchase a volcano, check out SIlver Surfer Vaporizers! They are handmade in CO and half of the price of a Volcano, and have the best reviews out of any vape i've checked out! They last a lifetime and are great vapes. Good luck and keep running! Also, since i solely started to vape oil, no weed, my lungs have never felt better.

mapinguari

Veteran
ya, really close......

i told him im actually really worried about lung cancer.....

he gave me a shot of some steroid called kenalog to help clear it up, haven't in two weeks.....

The best science to date shows no connection between cannabis and cancer:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

Whether the gunk in your lungs will cause cancer or not, in my experience I still feel it there.

The lungs' cilia do help clean them out, but again in my experience only regular cardiovascular exercise can keep my lungs and sinuses clear when I am smoking a lot.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I appreciate your story MileHighGuy!!!
This is what we should all be doing, our lungs are built to accept the holy smoke (or vapor) that sweet mary gifts us with, but we should all be doing the bit of extra work to help keep them at that point! how are our lungs supposed to fight infections when were not working them out?

But the main reason I quoted you, is to say DONT GET A VOLCANO! Please before you purchase a volcano, check out SIlver Surfer Vaporizers! They are handmade in CO and half of the price of a Volcano, and have the best reviews out of any vape i've checked out! They last a lifetime and are great vapes. Good luck and keep running! Also, since i solely started to vape oil, no weed, my lungs have never felt better.

Handmade in Colorado = SOLD

I support local and thats that especially if the quality is better, then it's a no brainer.

And yes, running is awesome for smoking weed, it really helps and I feel it keeps my lungs clean enough to get a little higher... haha

The first month of running was tough and I purposely took it ridiculously easy, maybe 12 minute mile time... then every once in awhile I would throw down a 6:00 mile and go smoke... haha

I coughed up black stuff for about a month and then I never coughed up anything again, this also eliminated the coughing and flem in the morning... unless I ripped one the second before sleep.

Damn, I can't wait to start running again, If I get really stoned and wear my headphones loud it feels like I'm fucking floating haha

MileHighGuy

Veteran
OH DANG! Look What I found :)

My Lungs are F'ing Loving it.

So far I suggest you go get one for yourself and try it out.

super-chief-044.gif

super-chief-042.gif

I got it at my local headshop this morning.

The clear plastic tube in the picture is for the Filter material. It comes with some cotton balls or something. I also purchased a little bag of filter material from the shop for a couple bucks it looks like hemp cigarette filter style stuff but It could be cotton or something.

Anyways.... this thing will fit almost any bong... I got one called the super chief.

After a couple bong rips you will be stoked as I am. Huge rips, nor harshness... less tar. WOOOO!!!

Anyone else use these things yet?

hammalamma

Veteran
OH DANG! Look What I found :)

My Lungs are F'ing Loving it.

So far I suggest you go get one for yourself and try it out.

super-chief-044.gif

super-chief-042.gif

I got it at my local headshop this morning.

The clear plastic tube in the picture is for the Filter material. It comes with some cotton balls or something. I also purchased a little bag of filter material from the shop for a couple bucks it looks like hemp cigarette filter style stuff but It could be cotton or something.

Anyways.... this thing will fit almost any bong... I got one called the super chief.

After a couple bong rips you will be stoked as I am. Huge rips, nor harshness... less tar. WOOOO!!!

Anyone else use these things yet?

I'm not so sure about those things, i don't want any plastic on my rig. Also, how do you know that those aren't filtering good stuff out of the smoke/vapor?

darthvapor

I got a verdamper from holland and I dont seem to get as high vaping as I do smoking a joint or a bong. but it does allow me to smoke more without hacking lung butter.

shmalphy

Veteran
Crushed ice takes out way more stuff, because of surface area. I am lucky enough to live where I can fill my bong with snow on occasion, that is a real treat with a hot cocoa!

You could also put frozen marbles or cotton balls in the top of the tube if you have an ice catcher.