What's new

Do Any Of You Hash Headies Have Lung Problems?

Tulio

Ah! This post!!!

Its been a few years of smoking exclusively BHO. All vac purged and winterized. Between my girl and I we go through 14+ grams a week, using a Mobius and a gridded ashcatcher...

My lungs are perfect. No wheezing or coughing shit up. Ive given up flowers forever...

My lungs prefer winterized oil, but the monoterpene content of non winterized oil is usually higher, so they have more floral aroma and taste.

After thoroughly reading through these forums on the hazards of BHO and lung health I still have a few questions for the most experienced BHO users in this thread. My current daily dabber is a smallish rig with two holes in the down-stem for diffusion and a turbine top highly educated V3 domed nail. As for diffusion, do you think the amount of diffusion matters? Would a cheap single down-stem non diffused bubbler rig be more unhealthy to smoke out of? Also does winterization or de waxing of the BHO actually matter when it comes to health? I'm extremely concerned with all these plant waxes and lipids possibly building up in my lungs because my body cannot process them. My concern is that I seem to be coughing up a lot of clear mucus from one of my lungs (right one) and the dabbing seems to make it worse. I was smoking on oil that wasn't entirely organic up until a week ago I switched to an all organic source. Both oils were processed into shatter by the very reputable company Stay Concentrated Extracts. The new organic oil doesn't make me cough or my right lung hurt when I hit it but it still makes me cough over the time when my lungs seem to be processing the dab I just took; making me cough up clear mucus from, it seems, only my right lung. I am wondering maybe if this is my body cleaning itself from the nasty oil I had been smoking for three months (the duration of the right lung condition as well)? Am I going to have to completely give up the BHO in order for my lungs to heal? Or will dabbing lightly on organic oil help me recover with time? Should I be only using my bong for the maximum expansion of the smoke instead of my smaller rig? The cough from both seems to be the same. More info is that I recently quit cigarette smoking (of two years) a month ago. I don't drink any alcohol either. All I really want is for both of my lungs to feel as healthy as the other. If I need to quit dabbing in lieu of not being able to find properly dewaxed/winterized hash and switch to vaporizing only organic buds than I will. I've spent quite a bit of time researching every up and down to this and I've come to the experts on IC mag for their opinions because the doctors told me I had pleurisy a month ago and took a chest x-ray (which came back 100% clear). I was told to take Advil until it subsided and it has been a month. I'm seriously hoping that it was the un organic BHO I was smoking on. I know that the organic oil is a hell of a lot smoother and doesn't make my chest hurt like the un organic oil did. The clarity and color of the bud/trim runs from both sources was entirely different (the un organic oil being less clear and darker). Any help you guys can give or pointers to me for my chest health will be extremely appreciated! I will continue to lightly use the organic oil and see how I feel in two weeks to a month. I will be back to update on my recovery and health! Thank you guys again. Glad there's educated folks like you in this community.

-Tulio

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This is an informative thread, thanks Krunch. I've never come across it before now. :tiphat:

I'm only on like day 14 of switching to vaping oil only, and I have already noticed a huge difference in how my lungs feel. I should start by saying that I don't particularly have any lung issues, even though I am an ex cigarette smoker who falls off that wagon from time to time... But yeah, I don't have any lung problems, and only decided to switch to vaping oil for the convenience and stealth.

Anyhoo, I am now noticing all these other benefits that I wasn't expecting! Like, primarily, a lack of coughing and hacking shit up. Don't get me wrong, I still experience the expectorant properties of cannabis, but it comes in the form of a very polite, loose, productive cough. There's no more violent coughing fits. Then, I notice that because of the lack of coughing during the actual "consuming" of the cannabinoids, I actually enjoy the way the high comes on now. I can feel the effects setting in, rather than smoking, coughing up a lung, and then finally catching my breath and realizing that I'm already high. The real benefit from that is that I am consuming less product, because it's easier to accurately titrate my dose.

I don't know... I know you gotta experience it for yourself to really see what so many people before you have already been saying all along... But I am sold! I just want to climb the nearest tree and shout, for all to hear about how wonderful it is to switch to vaporizing, and how everyone should too!

But I won't be that guy. I can only say that I am not going back to smoking my meds if I can help it. :D

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i do honestly think that bho is better for the lungs than smoking weed, I am able to spar for longer in my martial arts training now that i am dabbing more and burning less

ozza

Veteran
So growing inside and using electricity to grow weed is better for the earth then dudes growing in the sun?

Daub Marley

any good indoor grower.. that fucking knows anything about the subject.. don't use herbicides or pesticides.. KUZ WE DONT GET BUGS...
The only way to accomplish this is to have a closed system with a sanitation room in which you change out your outside clothes, shower, etc. Very few growers will go to such an extent to prevent bugs, but I agree if you know what your doing you won't have to spray for anything.

I was told that dewaxing is only really required with some strains.. and with outdoor bud.. Ive seen some fantastic non winterized shatter.. and the same shatter winterized.. and the winterized just was a lot more like GLASS.. you can see through it easier.. and with a lot more CLARITY. but the non winterized was so much tastier.
The consensus views winterized BHO as healthier than non-winterized, but the main purpose it serves imo is to make a solid product that can be handled. If you don't winterize humidity or agitation can bring it back to a gooey runny consistency. Winterizing comes with the price of additional lost terpenes.

I'm only on like day 14 of switching to vaping oil only, and I have already noticed a huge difference in how my lungs feel.
Are you using a potable vaporizer? Are you getting thick hits with it?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Yes it's a pen style, from Gentleman's. Yes the hits are very good, but no they aren't exactly like a big dab from a rig, which isn't even what I'm going for. :tiphat:

K

kingtut106

You should look into rba/rda's if you want a pen with dab size rips. This is my guy that is my daily driver, I only use a rig when I'm seriously seshing
izjBxBt.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
There is a glass globe and nail attachment that Gentleman's sells for these pens, and most people report that it's the closest thing to dabs from a rig yet. I might have to order some.