What's new

Do Any Of You Hash Headies Have Lung Problems?

shmalphy

Veteran
I bet you smoke blunts though.... :tiphat:

I don't care how organic your shit is or how long you cure it, you are still combusting plant matter into your lungs. I have been only vaping bho and absolute amber since the first and I feel great health wise and I feel like more of a functioning member of society.
I understand the logic behind what you are saying, but honestly the proof is in the pudding

I smoke a lot, and I have never met anyone that can take a bigger bong hit than me. I take huge monster rips that usually takes 4 or 5 people to clear, half a gram or so.. I have been doing this daily for over a decade.

I have been through the phases: blunts, cigs, beasters, chem rocks, metal pipes, dirty gravitys etc. All of these had negative effects, in the form or excess phlegm, shortness of breath, bronchitis, etc. To me the biggest setback was that it was hurting my bong hit ability.

Since I switched to organic only, i have noticed a huge change in my breathing. I do breathing exercises before I hit the bong, and I attribute my increased capacity to that. I get a small amount of tasteless clear phlegm from each hit.

It could be genetics though, because the only 2 people that can even come close taking as big a hit are my brothers...

ithruxix

I don't care how organic your shit is or how long you cure it, you are still combusting plant matter into your lungs. I have been only vaping bho and absolute amber since the first and I feel great health wise and I feel like more of a functioning member of society.

Same here. I was on a rampage, a few packs of blunts a day, roughly a half zip. Every single day.

In December I made the switch. I can actually breathe again, no weezy shit at night, no mucus/phlegm in the AM and throughout the day. I literally feel so much better.

I was damaging my lungs bad, I could tell. Finally, I can get high without killing myself. A gram of oil a day > a half zip habit, an exchange I would gladly recommend to anyone. Way cleaner.

SourPurp

Nice thread,.. here's my take on it. If your combusting buds (like me), I'd say there are a couple factors that will hugely influence how harmful the smoke is to your lungs longterm. Are you breathing properly before and after each hit? Are you packing up a bowl and clearing it in 1 or two hits or are you taking your time with it? How hot is the smoke that goes down your throat? All these questions are vitally important in ensuring that the smoking experience is trouble free for the long term. And obviously the quality of the product is paramount as well but just for the sake of argument lets say your starting out with grade AAA organic meds properly grown and flushed (with gray ash)....if you want to blaze it 'right', first and foremost it CANNOT be caught on fire. No 'flame-ups'! If this ever happens while your hitting it, forfeit the hit, it's not worth it. Get all the smoke out of there before trying to apply heat again. Holding the lighter about 1/2 inch fryrom material and gently inhaling enough to bend flame towards bowl should produce melting initially and then a nice low-temp cherry. Next, only inhaling the amount of smoke that can actually be absorbed in one hit. If your holding in hits for 6-8 seconds and still blowing out a lot of smoke, your overtaxing your lungs and wasting your weed. Count on it. Don't smoke more in one hit just to get higher quicker, that's ridiculous. Quality weed only takes minutes to activate anyway so what's the rush. If your using a waterpipe, change the water every two bowl packs or so. You'd be surprised how quickly the water can absorb stuff. And as far as my own lungs go, I have no problems now that I pay attention to smoke corree vctly and more effectively and ONLY smoke my own product which is very clean and organic. I've been smoking weed for 16 years but only have I smoked just my organic weed for the past 7 or 8 and in that time my lungs have healed considerably. I used to only have access to 'beasters' and they fucked my lungs up bad with lots of chest pain, feeling like I was 'clogged up'. Also for the first five of those 16 years, I smoked a pack a day of cigarettes. I did some serious damage to my lungs in the beginning but now they feel healed up nicely, with no wheezing and lots of capacity. I NEVER cough when smoking and just yesterday I smoked hand-pressed hash all day long with zero coughing, lung or throat irritation issues.

hammalamma

Veteran
I understand the logic behind what you are saying, but honestly the proof is in the pudding

I smoke a lot, and I have never met anyone that can take a bigger bong hit than me. I take huge monster rips that usually takes 4 or 5 people to clear, half a gram or so.. I have been doing this daily for over a decade.

I have been through the phases: blunts, cigs, beasters, chem rocks, metal pipes, dirty gravitys etc. All of these had negative effects, in the form or excess phlegm, shortness of breath, bronchitis, etc. To me the biggest setback was that it was hurting my bong hit ability.

Since I switched to organic only, i have noticed a huge change in my breathing. I do breathing exercises before I hit the bong, and I attribute my increased capacity to that. I get a small amount of tasteless clear phlegm from each hit.

It could be genetics though, because the only 2 people that can even come close taking as big a hit are my brothers...
Wow, get over yourself dude.:laughing:

shmalphy

Veteran
Get over myself? Heed your own advice, chief...

You say you have been smoking BHO since new years, and try to tell us it's solved all your problems? It isn't even February yet... Come back in a decade and tell us how you are doing.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

You say you have been smoking BHO since new years, and try to tell us it's solved all your problems? It isn't even February yet... Come back in a decade and tell us how you are doing.

i'm not getting into your guys's spat, but its been almost a decade for me since i switched to 99.9% oil vaping only. i used to cough shit up all the time, when i smoked hash and weed in a bong. i did that for 20 years. heavy use, of hash especially, caused tons of congestion and phlegm and coughing/hacking... now i never cough shit up, its like night and day. i vape oil every day all day. from about 0.75-1.5 grams a day, and i can vape as much as i want, with no heavy phlegm buildup, from extra heavy use, its like heaven, compared to the old days. i couldnt smoke as much hash as i would have liked, cuz it was way too hard on me.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
i think HMK said hes vaped oil everyday for the past 7 years. he sure seems fine

lol posted same time as you hmk! if vaping bho had longterm effects hmk would know. hes been vapin FOREVER

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Nice thread,.. here's my take on it. If your combusting buds (like me), I'd say there are a couple factors that will hugely influence how harmful the smoke is to your lungs longterm. Are you breathing properly before and after each hit? Are you packing up a bowl and clearing it in 1 or two hits or are you taking your time with it? How hot is the smoke that goes down your throat? All these questions are vitally important in ensuring that the smoking experience is trouble free for the long term. And obviously the quality of the product is paramount as well but just for the sake of argument lets say your starting out with grade AAA organic meds properly grown and flushed (with gray ash)....if you want to blaze it 'right', first and foremost it CANNOT be caught on fire. No 'flame-ups'! If this ever happens while your hitting it, forfeit the hit, it's not worth it. Get all the smoke out of there before trying to apply heat again. Holding the lighter about 1/2 inch fryrom material and gently inhaling enough to bend flame towards bowl should produce melting initially and then a nice low-temp cherry. Next, only inhaling the amount of smoke that can actually be absorbed in one hit. If your holding in hits for 6-8 seconds and still blowing out a lot of smoke, your overtaxing your lungs and wasting your weed. Count on it. Don't smoke more in one hit just to get higher quicker, that's ridiculous. Quality weed only takes minutes to activate anyway so what's the rush. If your using a waterpipe, change the water every two bowl packs or so. You'd be surprised how quickly the water can absorb stuff. And as far as my own lungs go, I have no problems now that I pay attention to smoke corree vctly and more effectively and ONLY smoke my own product which is very clean and organic. I've been smoking weed for 16 years but only have I smoked just my organic weed for the past 7 or 8 and in that time my lungs have healed considerably. I used to only have access to 'beasters' and they fucked my lungs up bad with lots of chest pain, feeling like I was 'clogged up'. Also for the first five of those 16 years, I smoked a pack a day of cigarettes. I did some serious damage to my lungs in the beginning but now they feel healed up nicely, with no wheezing and lots of capacity. I NEVER cough when smoking and just yesterday I smoked hand-pressed hash all day long with zero coughing, lung or throat irritation issues.

you arent smoking though, you said it yourself, no flameups. what you are doing is a primitive method of vaporizing your product.

IMO

i love this thread... always guaranteed for an lol. thanks for all the insights armchair experts! tremendous bong-hit-abilitities and all!

shmalphy

Veteran
What it comes down to is that not all BHO is the same, and not all bud is the same. I can see smoking some strains, even organically, would be harsh unless extracted somehow. I think some strains are just easier on the lungs because their antioxidant properties are stronger. Also some strains might simply produce more irritants than others. If every strain has a different THC level, then I would assume there are other chemicals that are either present or absent in harsher strains.

hammalamma

Veteran

I never said all my problems , just a few. I vape mostly amber these days, much cleaner than any organicly grown bud. I also don't make preposterous claims to be the best bong smoker.

shmalphy

Veteran
i'm not getting into your guys's spat, but its been almost a decade for me since i switched to 99.9% oil vaping only. i used to cough shit up all the time, when i smoked hash and weed in a bong. i did that for 20 years. heavy use, of hash especially, caused tons of congestion and phlegm and coughing/hacking... now i never cough shit up, its like night and day. i vape oil every day all day. from about 0.75-1.5 grams a day, and i can vape as much as i want, with no heavy phlegm buildup, from extra heavy use, its like heaven, compared to the old days. i couldnt smoke as much hash as i would have liked, cuz it was way too hard on me.
Were you smoking organincs before though? I think that if it's organic it is almost never harsh in it's raw form. Anything grown with chemicals just burns hotter and harsher.

Once you extract the oil it really doesn't matter because the salts are water soluble and won't be in the BHO.

I would assume you have access to a high quality, fully purged oil that is made from high quality starting material. With that said I don't think that people who are giving reports of coughing up blood after switching to BHO are false, but instead I would bet that either the process, the equipment, the quality/purity of the solvent, and the purging process and starting material are different for their product, even though you both call it "BHO" it is really 2 totally different things that will produce different effects when consumed via different methods. And I also assume you have a high quality method of ingestion available to you:tiphat: but for the person using a cheap oil pipe they will get a lot different effect.

I never said all my problems , just a few. I vape mostly amber these days, much cleaner than any organicly grown bud. I also don't make preposterous claims to be the best bong smoker.
Bong hits are the easiest way for me to gauge how my lung volume has changed over the years.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
does this have to be an argument?

agree to disagree and have a good day......

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I smoke oil all day everyday, but I can still take a giant bong hit, and still have lung problems. That just screwed your guys argument right up, lol.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
With that said I don't think that people who are giving reports of coughing up blood after switching to BHO are false,

i dont think there are many reports of this, i never heard of it ever, until i read it here, and i have been in the scene for a long time.

as for the the other points, we are talking about a different thing it seems. you seem to think its bad things in pot that make it harsh, and clean marijuana is not hard on the lungs. i dont have this viewpoint at all. mine is that smoking weed, especially hash, no matter how clean, is an irritant that has negative cumulative effects on the respiratory system. since i changed to vaporizing, its extremely less of an irritant, as my respiratory system will attest to. i can vape as much pure oil as i want, whereas i could never smoke as much hash as i wanted. i think all forms of smoke are bad for you, monoxides and the like.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I smoke oil all day everyday, but I can still take a giant bong hit, and still have lung problems. That just screwed your guys argument right up, lol.

we arent arguing, and no it does not. there are many other variables in your case that have not been stated. such as how long you have smoked weed, wether you ever smoked anything else, and even if you just live in a bad pollution area, to name a paltry few.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

same here....

i dont think there are many reports of this, i never heard of it ever, until i read it here, and i have been in the scene for a long time.

as for the the other points, we are talking about a different thing it seems. you seem to think its bad things in pot that make it harsh, and clean marijuana is not hard on the lungs. i dont have this viewpoint at all. mine is that smoking weed, especially hash, no matter how clean, is an irritant that has negative cumulative effects on the respiratory system. since i changed to vaporizing, its extremely less of an irritant, as my respiratory system will attest to. i can vape as much pure oil as i want, whereas i could never smoke as much hash as i wanted. i think all forms of smoke are bad for you, monoxides and the like.

agreed....

im vaping BHO 90% of the time and only smoke weed at night to go to sleep....

my lungs have NEVER been better.....

its a godsend if you ask me, i was coughing and weezing some serious shit before vapeing BHO almost exclusively...

*Do Any Of You Hash Headies Have Lung Problems?

*Do Any Of You Hash Headies Have Lung Problems?

Hay holmes my lungs are fine, but I seem to mainly attract (lay) women with dependency issues...somehow related perhaps? Peace