What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world

chomsky

Isn't the light recommended at like 10 inches for flower?

at the moment my lights are 4 feet above the canopy. It is actually recommended to be 6 inches above. I spoke with the people at BML and they assured me as the plants mature I can move them closer. There is some serious PAR coming out of this freakin light. BML also recommended a dimmer that I just can afford at the moment.

budsnblunts

Veteran
It honestly doesn't even look like a problem to me aye man, they look awesome and healthy. But the shade cloth over them would be cheaper then the dimmer.

chomsky

It honestly doesn't even look like a problem to me aye man, they look awesome and healthy. But the shade cloth over them would be cheaper then the dimmer.

Thanks, Actually BML has a manual dimmer for $15 USD. I just ordered it. They are healthy but upon close inspection I am seeing signs of heat stress (not really heat stress, I think the PAR values with this light are insane, It will take a mature plant to absorb it all) and mild deficiencies. I'm really getting to be a perfectionist with my plants. That is unusual for me.

For the moment I unplugged 3 of the light bars. This should help lower the intensity.

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Plants are looking excellent. Really interested to see what kid of buds that LED produces. I'm sure they are gonna be awesome. Do the plants smell like lemon on a stem rub? I ask because the SLH, and LS I ran from GHS smelled like lemon big time on stem rubs, and supposedly both companies work with the same cut.

chomsky

Plants are looking excellent. Really interested to see what kid of buds that LED produces. I'm sure they are gonna be awesome. Do the plants smell like lemon on a stem rub? I ask because the SLH, and LS I ran from GHS smelled like lemon big time on stem rubs, and supposedly both companies work with the same cut.

Yes, very powerful smell from a stem rub... I have always had very good luck with DNA and Reserva Privada...

chomsky

SCROG TIME

SCROG TIME

Ok here goes. Its a tight fucking squeeze, Ill really have to keep this under control...

chomsky

Following closely as my spydr pluses are being built

Sweet, I would highly recommend getting the dimmer BML has($100). I just ordered one. This light produces so much PAR that I think its necessary especially for young plants. I think its better to have the light closer to the canopy and dialed down than to have it full power so high above the canopy as I do at the moment. Also that'll make it easier for me to include the light in my pics Haha...

One last note BML is freaking fantastic. One of the plant biologists there actually caught wind of this thread somehow figured out it was me (I think I'm one of the first customers to receive the new light , so he put two and two together) and actually called me to offer me help growing my plants with regards to my nutes and deficiencies and the light itself . I must admit I found this strange (its not legal yet where I am) but was very happy he reached out and is so willing to help. I call that great customer service....

budsnblunts

Veteran
Sweet, I would highly recommend getting the dimmer BML has($100). I just ordered one. This light produces so much PAR that I think its necessary especially for young plants. I think its better to have the light closer to the canopy and dialed down than to have it full power so high above the canopy as I do at the moment. Also that'll make it easier for me to include the light in my pics Haha...

One last note BML is freaking fantastic. One of the plant biologists there actually caught wind of this thread somehow figured out it was me (I think I'm one of the first customers to receive the new light , so he put two and two together) and actually called me to offer me help growing my plants with regards to my nutes and deficiencies and the light itself . I must admit I found this strange (its not legal yet where I am) but was very happy he reached out and is so willing to help. I call that great customer service....

Sounds like a decent human being offering his knowledge. Awesome man, sign of good karma. You must of had it owing ;), bet those plants are gonna be wicked.

DJXX

Veteran
man wait til you see the higher quality buds that LED produces...the trichs are just better...man i get way more then i make concentrates...like at least 25% more...any who debates these just have their heads in the sand...my whole house is LED now..everybulb...i went from 600 HPS in each of two bloom rooms to 1600 LED in each bloom and with the AC savings this year my elec bill went down 10%...i figured all of the LED change to my house and garden will pay for itself in a year.....your plants will let you know how much they lover it too...the trich look awesome too, like the tiniest of lil LEDS...you are killin it man....thanks for sharing..DJXX

chomsky

Sounds like a decent human being offering his knowledge. Awesome man, sign of good karma. You must of had it owing ;), bet those plants are gonna be wicked.

Thanks B&B I hope so... Its funny how Karma works. I had another douchebag jump on me for asking a repetitive question on another thread. You know one of those high horse know it all types. Telling me to read more instead of asking questions. I know Im a little sensitive but it kinda hurt my feelings. Ha ha... Ten minutes later the guy from BML called offering up his help (Im sure he knows a hell of a lot more than high horse over on the other thread)... Redeemed....

chomsky

man wait til you see the higher quality buds that LED produces...the trichs are just better...man i get way more then i make concentrates...like at least 25% more...any who debates these just have their heads in the sand...my whole house is LED now..everybulb...i went from 600 HPS in each of two bloom rooms to 1600 LED in each bloom and with the AC savings this year my elec bill went down 10%...i figured all of the LED change to my house and garden will pay for itself in a year.....your plants will let you know how much they lover it too...the trich look awesome too, like the tiniest of lil LEDS...you are killin it man....thanks for sharing..DJXX

LED lights are to growing what film is to photography. You will still be able to get the HID stuff in the future and some will cling tight saying its "the best". While all the rest of us will move on to whats actually better and more cost effective. LED has more or less surpassed HID at the moment just not in very affordable mass produced way (however by the time you buy hoods, bulbs, fans, a/c units, utility bills etc. I think LED may be more affordable even now) . It's coming though. Im very happy to be in on the ground floor though...

budsnblunts

Veteran
One thing I guess using new lights is that the technology is only becoming affordable priced and people are finally being able to test this shit and get a little info out there. Not as simple as hps/mh and so fourth that have been used for a long time now. Lack of info out there to read pretty much. Cool as that fulla gave you an insight on the equipment they sell. Better from the horses mouth as they say ;)

doob

As above, nice of that guy to help for sure. Don't let the odd person who tries to act macho shoot you down, most people are here to learn/share/help. And you have loads of room, you should see my grow space hahaha

Regarding the lighting, I am waiting for the white LED's to take over the market and see some successful grows with them. Respect to you guys for taking the first steps and sharing it with us

CocoTwisty

Thanks so much for this journal Chomsky! Subbed up to this for sure!

I've been comparing the BML Spydr's to the Spectrum King 400+ but with the previous price point of the BML's being almost double (used to be almost triple before SK's came out) the Spectrum King has had the edge bang for buck, but with this new offering from Fluence/formerly BML Horticulture being within $200 MSRP range it seems there is some real competition going on! I'm super stoked to see these lights in action considering I've seen YouTube videos of the Spydr 1200's outperforming 1000W DE systems.

Your plants are looking super healthy! It's great to hear you got some advice from BML on what may have been a minor deficiency (I'm really curious to know what it was). Looking forward to seeing that screen fill up with some frosty buds :D

Just wondering, what Calcium and/or Silica supplement are you using?

chomsky

Coco T Sure thing. Im hopin this will be a great thread. The girls are poking through the screen now. Pics to come soon... Im using Earth Juice Cal&Mag... No silica at this point.

chomsky

OK girls are lookin healthier... Transplanted and just starting to grow again... This is only 3 days since my last picture post (pretty fucking amazing growth if you ask me)... Popped through the screen Im prolly going to veg and try to fill the screen over next two maybe three weeks...

Also, for anyone who is curious if you look at the squares in my net, you'll notice I cinched all of them together with small zip ties. This serves two purposes, one it tightens the net after its strung on the frame but the best thing is that it allows you to pull the squares into different places and make them bigger or smaller. It is kind of a hassle putting on all these zip ties however, it really helps give you much more freedom pulling the branches through without breaking them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts