What's new

DJ Short's F13 X Ace Panama - Mutants & More Micro-Sized

four seasons

Veteran
Great info. wish this thread was up last year when I ditched the f13 male.
The male was wonderful smoke, I rarely get a very potent male with much flavor.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
UPdate:

I popped 66 seeds and found nothing. I think I am done popping f13 x pan seeds for mutants. The mom gets more and more rare the more I pop. UGH.

Once she is large enough I will take some cuts of her and the male and attempt some love making.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
UPdate:

I popped 66 seeds and found nothing. I think I am done popping f13 x pan seeds for mutants. The mom gets more and more rare the more I pop. UGH.

Once she is large enough I will take some cuts of her and the male and attempt some love making.

Hello 3dDream,

Sorry to hear you havent found more mutants in the new seedlings, at least you still have the mutant mother to keep working with her. Best wishes and good luck in next searches.

3dDream

Veteran
It's all good dubi, there's always more beans to pop.

Update:

I kept 3 plants from the 66 search because I thought they might be mutants and I was right. They just didn't show the full mutanthood right away like the mutant male/female I have. Time will tell.

Well this thread is "mutants and more" so here is some of the more side. I crossed a very slow growing and super poly (johnny blaze x cplus) x f13 to a nice panama male. Panama made it better by adding vigor.

Here's the mom untrained from seed No10:

And here are two of her daughters. Basically they look like panama bud, but have some color. The flavor is a nice mix of the mom's orange spice with panama's floral lemon. I trained the fuck out of these ladies as a experiment. I basically vegged for a week and then pinched, bent, and nipped until I saw pistils.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's all good dubi, there's always more beans to pop.

Update:

I kept 3 plants from the 66 search because I thought they might be mutants and I was right. They just didn't show the full mutanthood right away like the mutant male/female I have. Time will tell.

Well this thread is "mutants and more" so here is some of the more side. I crossed a very slow growing and super poly (johnny blaze x cplus) x f13 to a nice panama male. Panama made it better by adding vigor.

Here's the mom untrained from seed No10:

And here are two of her daughters. Basically they look like panama bud, but have some color. The flavor is a nice mix of the mom's orange spice with panama's floral lemon. I trained the fuck out of these ladies as a experiment. I basically vegged for a week and then pinched, bent, and nipped until I saw pistils.

Great to see you back 3dDream :)

Nice homegrown breeding work, plants posted have a beautiful influence from DJ's genepool. Im glad panama is adding overall vigour, potency and nice sativa smells to your crosses.

Keep up the good work with mutants!

3dDream

Veteran
dubi - Thanks dubi. Panama is a real treat and I just popped some beans to experience some more ladies. I want how/if the potency varies much. I am running them with some oaxacan so it's gonna be a jungle in my box.

Update: 2/3 mutants are holding their symmetry. My gut says symmetrical plants = stable mutants. I am still having a tough time cloning the mutant mom. I am on my 4th attempt now, but I am trying a variation of a tip I read in a thread. Basically the guy would cut the roots from one plant and tape them to another and place cut w/ taped roots under water until they stuck. I removed some roots from the male I am cloning and wrapped a cut and placed it in a rapid rooter. Sorta the same. The cuts are fairly small so maybe the mom needs to veg out more. If things go my way I will have the "1/2 it's life mutant" male in the cab w/ the mutant mom and also have the 2 mutants to sex just for gravy. An open pollination of mutants? Something's got to get seeded! This retarded idea cannot die!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubi - Thanks dubi. Panama is a real treat and I just popped some beans to experience some more ladies. I want how/if the potency varies much. I am running them with some oaxacan so it's gonna be a jungle in my box.

Update: 2/3 mutants are holding their symmetry. My gut says symmetrical plants = stable mutants. I am still having a tough time cloning the mutant mom. I am on my 4th attempt now, but I am trying a variation of a tip I read in a thread. Basically the guy would cut the roots from one plant and tape them to another and place cut w/ taped roots under water until they stuck. I removed some roots from the male I am cloning and wrapped a cut and placed it in a rapid rooter. Sorta the same. The cuts are fairly small so maybe the mom needs to veg out more. If things go my way I will have the "1/2 it's life mutant" male in the cab w/ the mutant mom and also have the 2 mutants to sex just for gravy. An open pollination of mutants? Something's got to get seeded! This retarded idea cannot die!

Hello 3dDream,

Im glad a high rate of mutants are showing stable growing traits, it's positive to breed for healthy growing traits in your mutant line. An open pollination of good mutant individuals would be a very nice idea.

It's better to veg correctly the mother before take the clones for a higher clonning success. Best wishes for 2010.

3dDream

Veteran
Ugh! Failure again. The mutants were lame/male. I still have the semi-mutant male and it looks like the borg (spider mites) were having fun w/ the mutant female. She is starting to make nice shoots and I will try to clone her again (attempt no.4). I am gonna follow your advice dubi and let her bush out and use woody cuts.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ugh! Failure again. The mutants were lame/male. I still have the semi-mutant male and it looks like the borg (spider mites) were having fun w/ the mutant female. She is starting to make nice shoots and I will try to clone her again (attempt no.4). I am gonna follow your advice dubi and let her bush out and use woody cuts.

Sorry to hear it 3dDream,

It's not easy to find the right parental plants when you are working with mutants, but keep searching and you will be successful!

Abamectin it's a strong solution against spider mites, it's not natural but truely works. Hope it helps.dubi

contra

3D, those look to be some real freaks! Since the mother mute isn't cloning via the normal route, have you considered air layering? This is an attempt to root the clone on the mother plant before the cut is taken. Looks like you have unlocked some strange ancestral canna genes. Has anyone ever found fossil records of cannabis? Would they look even remotely like the human bred plants we see today?

3dDream

Veteran
Hi contra! I have thought about if this lady is a blast from the past. The prob is that there aren't too many fossil pics I could find. I think it is more mutation than ancient expression. Thanks for the suggestion about air layering. I will try it!

3dDream

Veteran
bird it's going so-so and slow. The mutant mom is finally growing normal now (well normal for her anyways) that the mites are gone. I still have yet to successfully clone her, but I am going to try contra's idea of air layering.

3dDream

Veteran
Just about ready for another cloning attempt. She got burned by a light which is something I have not had to worry about for awhile.

The f13 mom left, mutant right. The mom is growing mutant. I was gonna toss her and revegged her (a second time).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow 3dDream, she's real crazy! :)

How is her smoke ? Good luck with clonning process! Best wishes.

3dDream

Veteran
Hey dubi... yep she's looker....about the smoke, I have a tiny bit of shake left and did a little to refresh my memory. She has pleasant high that has a goofy fog to it. Giddy weed would be the short way of describing her. A nice -n- happy vibe for sure. I tested her on a few friends and it made for a good night. (BTW does anybody else use their friends as smoke test subjects?).

Update:

<insert fireworks here>

:dancer::dancer::dancer:
:party::party::party:
:groupwave::groupwave:
:trampoline::trampoline:
:dance013::dance013::dance013:
:blowbubbles::blowbubbles:
:woohoo::woohoo:
:whee:

The mom is growing great and now that she is not in "get these mites off me" mode and I was able to clone her!!!!! Well it's a little early, but I took a look at the cut in the rapid rooter and saw roots. F'in-A it's been a long time coming. I waited 6+ months for her to chill out. She is now growing like she did from seed, a bit lanky and... well see in the pics. She still has the flame leaves. She no longer has the thick and bumpy texture. I think some mutations can show when a plant is on the defense. She was so short and squat with dense leaves when teh borg were attacking.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats 3dDream ;)

Im glad you won the fight against the mites! The mother is showing very interesting leaf traits, please keep us updated. Best wishes.

PD: Friends' opinions are very useful to know more about the quality of your mothers.

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
just read the hole thread, very interesting quest 3dDream, love the f13, is one of those strains that i always wanna try from dj short, even more wen i heard that he loose the male plant that he used tu make it...
good luck on the mutant quest, its very unique looking!

3dDream

Veteran
KarmasWheele - hello Sir!

Dubi: Thanks from making panama!!!

BroughtSuperior - yeah this was a fun project. I happy I did it (even though it didn't really produce much bud).

The mom is now growing like a fairly normal plant. Nine months in veg made her that way.