What's new

DJ Short's F13 X Ace Panama - Mutants & More Micro-Sized

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
I have these posted in the DJ forum, but I thought it would be nice to have a secondary home here just for the cross. I also didn't want to crap up the amazing Ace Panama thread.

To recap, I popped 70 f13 x panama beans and tried to select by seedling leaf shape. I knew what f13 and panama look like as seedlings. I ended up finding crazy long leaf mutants and grew those out for fun. I am a micro grower so this was really a small scale silly project. I ended up with one mutant that stood above the rest. She was the only one that had symmetry, the rest grew like bushes and lost the long leaf trait as they grew out.

I am also running a couple normal f13 x panama and they are smelling fantastic. The lemony male really added some nice vigor and taste to f13.

seedlings from the first round

bad mutant

good mutants

long leaf in flower:

3dDream

Veteran
Oh I should say the mutation comes from the DJ side of things.. I think panama is pretty solid. I believe both plants are an f6 line.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Love the early ressin!! 3dDream, superb hybrid, did you find interting expression like a F13 sativa with pink stigma?

Salud, I pull up a chair

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one, 3dDream! :D A co-mingling of my two fav breeders!

X-tra love for working the mutants! Look forward to watching these evolve.
Best, HL :lurk:

3dDream

Veteran
Mota de Dios - No prob! Thanks for posting.

Ras Pablo - Thank you Sir. It's funny because blue flowers with pink pistils was the original idea with this cross. I just went with the flow and found these interesting mutants. I do have a f13 x pan that grew like a panama and she made blueberry flowers;this could be the contender. It is the one marked bb dom in the pic above. I am thinking I will need my UVB bulb to get some pink? I have not seen pink pistils on any indoor grows so my hopes aren't very high.

Highlighter - :wave:They are two of my favs too!

tjmccoy

Veteran
3D,

I asked Dubi to recommend a strain for me based on my criteria heres what he said...

If tolerance, potency and long lasting effects are the main preferences i'd recommend you panama.

Can you compare the original panama to the f13 in terms of tolerance potency and effect? Was the f13 used mutated? What would you speculate your hybrid plants would be like on a full scale grow? What about yeild on the more normal phenos? I wouldn't have expected these long leaf mutants just thinking about the cross. Cool man

later

A

Aerokush101

:joint:WTF, this is KILLER.... make sure you follow up with a Smoke Report, oh, well, I'll do it for you...

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Totally bizzaro leaves..... Beautifull nothingless :D

Congrats on creating something unique.

3dDream

Veteran
Can you compare the original panama to the f13 in terms of tolerance potency and effect? Was the f13 used mutated? What would you speculate your hybrid plants would be like on a full scale grow? What about yeild on the more normal phenos? I wouldn't have expected these long leaf mutants just thinking about the cross. Cool man

tjmccoy: This is a tough one because I only had a single panama and I have grown a few f13 and f13 crosses. I would say the panama is more potent in that you don't need much to get high. I would also say that f13 in large doses can send you into orbit. The f13 mom was slightly mutated and has a very clear high. Panama has a more broad high-it has the kick that only sativas seem to give me. DJ's f13 is like passing that spectrum of high through a filter; Its very pleasant and up without any raciness. As far as what would be seen in a large grow, out of the 70 seeds about 10% were mutants and 15% looked like f13 and 75% looked like panama(although there were two types within this group). Again this is as a seedling, I selected what I thought looked like a panama and it ended up making blueberry flowers so the seedling only tells you so much. I will try the panama looking plants next time for sure, they grow so fast compared to f13. In a large grow I could only imagine what would be found... maybe blue flowers with pink pistils? Thanks for posting.

here's some f13 mom pics:

randude101, MOneYMiKe, Bacchus, Ras Pablo, Vash, and THE PABLOS - Thanks guys. :respect: Seriously.

Aerokush101 - Oh there will be a smoke report. If anything, I have a hard time writing just one. I make the mistake of toking and reviewing at the same time. I think I like the process too much.

tjmccoy

Veteran
tjmccoy: This is a tough one because I only had a single panama and I have grown a few f13 and f13 crosses. I would say the panama is more potent in that you don't need much to get high. I would also say that f13 in large doses can send you into orbit. The f13 mom was slightly mutated and has a very clear high. Panama has a more broad high-it has the kick that only sativas seem to give me. DJ's f13 is like passing that spectrum of high through a filter; Its very pleasant and up without any raciness. As far as what would be seen in a large grow, out of the 70 seeds about 10% were mutants and 15% looked like f13 and 75% looked like panama(although there were two types within this group). Again this is as a seedling, I selected what I thought looked like a panama and it ended up making blueberry flowers so the seedling only tells you so much. I will try the panama looking plants next time for sure, they grow so fast compared to f13. In a large grow I could only imagine what would be found... maybe blue flowers with pink pistils? Thanks for posting.

Thats a good description. I understand what you mean by filtered. It sounds like a wise cross you made, bet theres lots of good things locked up in those. I like the idea of hybridizing DJ with a wildy vigorous sativa from south of the border. I didn't realize the panama was such a performer in potency tolerance and length of high. The very reasons DJ has been my herb of choice for the most part. Been concocting a scheme of DJ meets sativa hybrids open pollinations since I gave up on outdoor and fast finishers are no longer required. This evidence is very compelling to incorporate panama for breeding. Fast growth sounds like icing on the cake!

Be cool man

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hello 3dDream,

always a pleasure to read about your project, it's good you cut selections, looking for the sativa freaky phenos, it's important to have your breeding goals clear in your mind. Hope you find the desired potency and tastes in the line, being a freaky pheno, then yield shouldnt be high but if you can stabilize the freaky appearance and keep the high terpene quality and potency, then you can produce something real interesting.

I apreciate a lot taste and qualities of the high of DJ's strains, his work is truely different and amazing, art in breeding. I'm glad to hear you found your single panama very potent, imaging what you can find if you can select between a few different panama females :wink:

3dDream

Veteran
Hi Dubi! I am gonna grow out the children and see what shows up. If this trait does show up in the kids I think it would help lots of outdoor grows. This mutant has very dark and textured leaves and she also appears to be less than 60day plant- I imagine this would help many. I like the irony of an cab grower helping outdoor growers... LOL! I don't have my hopes too high since it was 1/70 just to get a stable mutant. Maybe if I backcross her kids?

imaging what you can find if you can select between a few different panama females

This is on my to-do list for sure, but the single female I have is very nice. I only have room for so many moms and she is one of the few that pass my test as a keeper. She also is not as leafy as a clone and that was my major complaint growing her the first time around.

3dDream

Veteran

The long leaf lady is chopped. I can only hope I can re-veg her. I couldn't get any of the clones to take. She smells life fuel mixed with a lemon candy and ends with a light spice smell. It's a fucking great smell.

More to come....

T

THE PABLOS

3d...just went and read the whole thread again...I am inspired...gets me thinkin'...glad there are peeps out there rolling this kind of stuff...props...I've got some salvaged Congo...1 male 1 female...I'm thinkin' about what I can do with them.

Hey man good on you...fine idea imo

Latest posts

Latest posts