What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short Blueberry F5

midwest

Just finished running a few of these and figured I'd put up a little report.

Grew 4 plants. 2 males, 2 females
Both males were sterile and didn't have pollen in their sacs which was unfortunate because I wanted to hack out some beans.
I had a few nanners on both females which was light leak related. My fault. No seeds developed. Harvested a touch early because of the nanners.
Both phenos got purple-ish but nothing too crazy. Tiny amount of variagation but no mutants

Short Pheno: looked more like the picture on the seed pack. More rounded nugs. More potent. Leans towards grape a little bit. Tighter buds

Tall pheno: Had more elongated spears and foxtailing. More berry smell. Yielded more.

Overall thoughts
Pretty easy to grow really. Light feeders.
Poor cloners. Sat for about a month before putting out roots.
Smelled amazing when growing. Didn't totally translate to the dry bud though. Very smooth daytime smoke. Medium potency.

7 out of 10

Attachments

• 20230129_115533.jpg
    20230129_115533.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 268
  • 20230118_180241.jpg
    20230118_180241.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 243
  • 20230110_065505.jpg
    20230110_065505.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 216
  • 20230114_065149.jpg
    20230114_065149.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 230
  • 20230115_180542.jpg
    20230115_180542.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 266
  • 20230118_180255.jpg
    20230118_180255.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:

midwest

Thanks mate
It was a new setup for me. 6x2x1 cabinet. There's nothing like the light intensity of a cab. Didn't quite get the light seal good enough this run though.
I'm running the short pheno again. Hoping I can get the flavor closer to the smell when growing with another attempt

A few more pics

Attachments

• 20221229_185006.jpg
    20221229_185006.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20221229_185021.jpg
    20221229_185021.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20221226_181909.jpg
    20221226_181909.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230108_064721.jpg
    20230108_064721.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230115_180537.jpg
    20230115_180537.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 89

Mr Squizy

They turned out fine...the blueberry flavor on these really didn't translate to the smoke though. To be honest it was just OK in the end.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend these f5's. Maybe as a breeder

But your mileage may vary
Thanks for info. That's a shame, especially because I just popped 2 packs of those. I'm gonna grow them out anyway and hope for something better than OK.
The sterile males must not be a breeders dream to work with :)
Maybe @Miraculous Meds have blueberry x's where there is a bigger chance to get the real bb taste and high.

I will take some pictures if I find something special in those packs.

midwest

I don't want to discourage people too much. I only had 2 girls.
They were nice plants. Smelled great as they were growing. Not bad yield. I didn't see any mutant stuff. A tiny bit of variegated leaves but very minor compared to other blue stuff I've grown in the past. But the smoke ended up pretty mid.

I think outdoors is a better option for these. Or in crosses

Moxa stick

Blueberry was always notoriously difficult to dial in. Just saying.
Over the years I can probably count on one hand the number of blueberry plants that resembled anything near normal appearance or growth pattern. I never sprung for DJ’s, but tried Dutch Passion, Sagmartha, and the now defunct Peak. They always seemed slow to veg… freaky looking plants…but often an extremely tasty and potent final product.

goingrey

Over the years I can probably count on one hand the number of blueberry plants that resembled anything near normal appearance or growth pattern. I never sprung for DJ’s, but tried Dutch Passion, Sagmartha, and the now defunct Peak. They always seemed slow to veg… freaky looking plants…but often an extremely tasty and potent final product.
Maybe you're just the man. ;)

I never grew it but there was a clone going around here at some point. It was always alright but very few got the most out of it (pretty much just one guy).

need4weed

Veteran
@Moxa stick I'm curious about the Dutch passion version, was it quality 🤔

need4weed

Veteran
I have peak seeds blueberry and sweet skunk from many years back, they came stuffed inside some plastic thingy, not sure what it is, doubt they are viable anymore, who knows.

420empire

Veteran
Sweet ladies midwest!!. 🤠
Sorry to hear your they didn't get more than a mid outcome. Have heard the same regarding his F5... on the other hand DJ says it is the same as always.
I have only tried barneys bluecheese (2015) really sugar sweet blueberry taste, almost leaning kool aid taste , and then verrdants blue digiberry, which was spot on Blueberry!! , high easy 50/50 not more than that.
Would love to try the real DJ cut. How u thought bout Flo?? I would love a sample, and indeed of the real 91' cut.😍
Keep on growing

Lovely little podcast, if u havent heard.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

I have peak seeds blueberry and sweet skunk from many years back, they came stuffed inside some plastic thingy, not sure what it is, doubt they are viable anymore, who knows.
I have several strains of Peak in the fridge, most from just before they closed shop, some older. I remember Mike saying his last batch of blueberry was his best in awhile.
I am in my mid 70s and wonder how it's ever going to be possible to grow all my inventory of seeds and I just keep buying more. I think I am sick in the head... LOL

Prs2xs

The only time I experienced a really strong blueberry smell/taste with a kick ass high was from the good old boys in Nelson BC. That was in 2001. Tried growing 5 or 6 different iterations of bb since then and all have been mid range bunk.
I have noticed l***y 13 seeds has been working with several different bb's to try and come up with a good representation of the old bb, but I believe it is a work in progress

420empire

Veteran
Is the Blueberry terp recessive..? 🤔
Maybe it's because DJ rather want the perfect high instead of the perfect taste, and then i lands with bluemuffin thing ..?
I tried blue digiberry, taste was nice, the head kinda 50/50 ind, sat dom. Nothing to rave bout though only tried 2 plants which isen't enough..

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
The gift and the curse ,, a seed line that that can produce exceptional females but only sporadically...getting the high you like,matched with the terps you crave can take 100 bb females, unless you're blessed....i like the sativa leaning side with sweetness but the really short stout bbs have a magic about them