What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short Blueberry F5

Miraculous Meds

The f5s are dialed in for effect. Thats Djs top priority, how it smokes. The line is very consistent and great breeding stock and carries the fresh and candied bb flavor. To find some bb flavor is easy, its all of them to some degree. To find the stand out aroma/flavor like the mom takes a few packs imo.

For more of the lip smacking, open the jar and the room permates blueberry pie, I found my grail in Blue Star. The s1 are called Mayberry. In one pack you will find lip smacking blueberry. Maybe 2 to 3 packs to guarantee the grail plant. Fam blues v3 uses Djs 98 f4 mother to my blue star mother and carries more of the creamy blueberry muffin version like the 98 mom. Mayberry has the sour diesel notes on the back end that enhance the strong blueberry aroma. Its more my jam in profile and effect is slightly more powerful than fbv3. Mayberry is the one I been searching for since 95. I describe her as blueberry pie dessert wine to the last toke of the joint. Strong euphoric bliss akin to sitting on the beach with a warm breeze blowing over you. I been at this 30 years, and have been fortunate enough to try a lot of the old classic bb cuts. Blue Star stands out as my grail.

tjmccoy

Veteran
@Miraculous Meds

I’m glad to have you active on these boards and sharing all your experience with these lines and being able to give a new modern opinion! I could probably talk you leg off and I’m a quiet guy mostly! I’m an old lurker of the DJS pages. Do you know why they were archived and basically shut down? I’ve been wanting to create a thread something like “Revival of The DJ Short Forum” or something like that at least one place every can come together for any new and relevant info. Better yet why can’t there be a place like Ace for you guys “Old World/BlueStar/2nd Gen” well it not my place to create such a thing but what do you think?

tjmccoy

Veteran
@Miraculous Meds

I’m glad to have you active on these boards and sharing all your experience with these lines and being able to give a new modern opinion! I could probably talk your leg off and I’m a quiet guy mostlyI’m an old lurker of the DJS pages. Do you know why they were archived and basically shut down? I’ve been wanting to create a thread something like “Revival of The DJ Short Forum” or something like that at least one place every can come together for any new and relevant info. Better yet why can’t there be a place like Ace for you guys “Old World/BlueStar/2nd Gen” well its not my place to create such a thing but what do you think?

SunnyListon

Okay, had a bad day today, so I am out for beef, lol:

For the record: Spend more money for Flo and Blueberry than I dare to write here, got his book and all that, but the "True Blueberry - Thing" did hurt my feelings.

This was the DJ discription of True Blueberry:

"The ultimate hybrid of Blueberry expression, selected for its superior quality from a large pool. Medium height with long, fruity and productive buds of medium sized calyxes. Beautiful lavender hues become apparent soon into the flowering cycle. The finished product is of the highest quality with sweet, elongated blueberry buds destined to please the most finicky of palates. High resin production as expected from the Blue family. Above average yields Indoor flowering 7 to 8 weeks."

Okay, here we go:
Yes, it is a hybrid, it really grows fast and with power, not like the IBL Blueberry, that grows slow. - Right

"Large pool" - is Right - I do believe it.

"Medium height with long, fruity and productive buds of medium sized calyxes. Beautiful lavender hues become apparent soon into the flowering cycle." - Right

"The finished product is of the highest quality with sweet, elongated blueberry buds destined to please the most finicky of palates"

- NOOO! This is NOT highest quality - It was just kind of bland blue taste and a very very boring effect. Nobody liked it. - no comparison to real european first offering Blueberry, which was spiritual - an experience.

Did you ever wonder, why there was only one round of seed makeing of True Blueberry? The answer is: Because nobody cared for it. It was just average bud, that nobody remembers.

". High resin production as expected from the Blue family" - That was right, but it was very bland. Therefore, it will never be reproduced.

My guess is, that DJ lost his famous F4 male.

OleReynard

Best Blueberry I ever had came from Jack's Beanstalk, it wasn't pure Bb thou
It was BB X GSC it was just like Blueberry Pez candy.
Never been impressed with DJ gear didn't matter where ya bought it from even had some people grab me some from a Michigan and California seminar thinking it might be better than what the seed shops get, but NO.
I've planted everything from his old menu and nothing was worth keeping.
I've been planting his gear since mid 90's.

Actually Lem had a better BB but it was a sativa one, held gal in the NW.

I did run into more of Jack's on a trading post and I grabbed them as quick as I could.
Fall will be a bb run
Jack's
Goat and Monkeys
An old blue lotus pack
Peaks
MOB

midwest

I feel you Sonny...
Although I actually liked the True Blueberry
Kept a very indica dom mom of it for a year or 2. I liked the flavor a lot but it was definitely in the hashy/earthy realm as opposed to really berry.
Beautiful plant, but yeah....calling it True Blueberry was a marketing thing.

Attachments

• 6815tbb1.jpg
    6815tbb1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 6815tbb4.jpg
    6815tbb4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 34

Miraculous Meds

@Miraculous Meds

I’m glad to have you active on these boards and sharing all your experience with these lines and being able to give a new modern opinion! I could probably talk you leg off and I’m a quiet guy mostly! I’m an old lurker of the DJS pages. Do you know why they were archived and basically shut down? I’ve been wanting to create a thread something like “Revival of The DJ Short Forum” or something like that at least one place every can come together for any new and relevant info. Better yet why can’t there be a place like Ace for you guys “Old World/BlueStar/2nd Gen” well it not my place to create such a thing but what do you think?
It may have got shut down because of me lol? I was traversing my way posting and showing finsihed retail packs. I never posted anything for sale, pricing, or other websites... But advertising revenues may be the reason, or lack their of from me or Dj? Idk, maybe the paid advertisers complained? I don't have any real answers. Seems a shame. I definitely would have deleted anything not ok with admin if that was the issue. I appreciate the knowledge sharing and community here. But I'm also passionate about sharing all our work. I can no longer say I dont sell gear, but yet I still share freely and learn from others with great respect and appreciation.

I'm open to sharing Dj's and my work here. If any of the powers that be want to make it happen, or I'm happy to try and answer anybodies inquiries as best I can find them.

Miraculous Meds

Okay, had a bad day today, so I am out for beef, lol:

My guess is, that DJ lost his famous F4 male.
I respect your right to your opinions. Let me clarify the male issue. Dj still has his 98 f4 bb male. I keep a back up for him and make projects with it.

There were several different males used in all his old projects where he teamed with seed banks to produce and distribute. So Dp, Sag, chimera, and many more all used different male selections. For instance the Canadian projects used 3 males with some 600 females if memory serves... I think the European stuff may have been f3 parents if memory serves... As you can see now, theres lots of different males and offerings. I think thats where most people get mixed up over this or that difference of quality they remember from the past. Hope that helps clear things up amigo.
Peace, 💙 , and I hope you get to smoke that blueberry grail. (Bb grail) copyright, no one still that name please. 😆 It's probably already used anyway. I have a hard time finding any blueberry name not in use for our crosses.

Moxa stick

@Moxa stick I'm curious about the Dutch passion version, was it quality 🤔
Yes as I recall the DP version grew out about 20% nice flavorful phenos. The best plant for potency was a Peak seeds pheno that I almost threw out because of such freaky growth, but when I saw trichomes appearing along the petioles and branches I decided to keep to maturity. As I recall it was a very sativa like pheno that started quite racy but quickly mellowed into a nice 2-3 hour buzz. Might give BB a try again soon as it’s such a classic.

tjmccoy

Veteran
Anyone have opinions on the Breeders series packs?

About to find out, I’ll be running a pheno hunt, open pollination of mix 1 and 4 soon, I’ll be posting that up once it gets going! I’m also interested in any extra info regarding these!

It may have got shut down because of me lol? I was traversing my way posting and showing finsihed retail packs. I never posted anything for sale, pricing, or other websites... But advertising revenues may be the reason, or lack their of from me or Dj? Idk, maybe the paid advertisers complained? I don't have any real answers. Seems a shame. I definitely would have deleted anything not ok with admin if that was the issue. I appreciate the knowledge sharing and community here. But I'm also passionate about sharing all our work. I can no longer say I dont sell gear, but yet I still share freely and learn from others with great respect and appreciation.

I'm open to sharing Dj's and my work here. If any of the powers that be want to make it happen, or I'm happy to try and answer anybodies inquiries as best I can find them.

That’s too bad, you’ve always been super professional in my book. There should definitely be a place here for all breeders to be able to interact with customers regardless if they are a paying vendor!

Talk soon, Be cool 😎

RoostaPhish

Veteran
So, little scrappy dried on the top of a tent, first time ran little bottom nugs, didn't quite get the flush I wanted. Beautiful creamy blue flavor. No way to get a true insight on the actual power of it being a sample like that. Can't wait to try some real nugs again in a couple weeks. She is a beautiful plant and was in really perfect health especially for never having ran her before. Just wasn't exactly sure when she would be done. I used to run all my new varieties in my water only soil mixes for this exact reason. But I'm not running any mixes right now, haven't in a while. Still, fire.

420empire

Veteran
nice bro! but what is Goji Raz ...? I want i pure f13, on the other hand if Goji just recessive then maybe no probs. Did any of you try Second generations genetics.. ?