What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short Blueberry F5

midwest

I've grown a lot of blue lines over the years and will grow more I'm sure.
True Blueberry, DP Blueberry, Blue Moonshine and Flo, a couple of private f2's, a Blueberry sativa ibl that was taken out to like f12 or something, a bunch of crosses. It's one of my favorites.
I would put these f5's in the lower end of them. Definitely not my finest grow here in this cabinet but I still feel like I saw what they had to offer unless I was to pop a whole bunch and look for a recessive pheno.

I've been eying a couple lines for the future.Verdant Green's seems promising. Riot as well. Idk...I've actually always wanted to try Sags version but figure I'm 25 years late for that at this point...still interesting though because I would assume he selected his differently than both DJ and DP and far less people based their crosses on it.

Idk..probably end up doing a cross next

Happy Times

They turned out fine...the blueberry flavor on these really didn't translate to the smoke though. To be honest it was just OK in the end.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend these f5's. Maybe as a breeder

But your mileage may vary
Thank you for sharing your results, I’ve heard about other people not really liking the F5

need4weed

Veteran
I've grown a lot of blue lines over the years and will grow more I'm sure.
True Blueberry, DP Blueberry, Blue Moonshine and Flo, a couple of private f2's, a Blueberry sativa ibl that was taken out to like f12 or something, a bunch of crosses. It's one of my favorites.
I would put these f5's in the lower end of them. Definitely not my finest grow here in this cabinet but I still feel like I saw what they had to offer unless I was to pop a whole bunch and look for a recessive pheno.

I've been eying a couple lines for the future.Verdant Green's seems promising. Riot as well. Idk...I've actually always wanted to try Sags version but figure I'm 25 years late for that at this point...still interesting though because I would assume he selected his differently than both DJ and DP and far less people based their crosses on it.

Idk..probably end up doing a cross next

@midwest I have a blueberry sativa ibl too, probably from the same source. What was your thoughts on it?

aqualungs

Cloney has a 97 blueberry, as for smelll translating to taste. I am willing to bet if it didn’t translate this time that it won’t translate on your next round either. Has less to do with dialling it in and more with genetics/pheno in my experience as your plants look very healthy. The dry/cure is also an important factor to preserving taste.

I was really into Blueberry and Blueberry crosses when I first started growing. It became played out for me and the amount of strains that are better for me outweigh the effort trying to find an ideal Blueberry that I had once from 15-20 years ago. Peaks gear is really nice, the Skunkberry was my favourite. Also, grew Blue Ak from Joey Weed and that put out some nice phenos as well.

Move on if you will, there is lots of better genetics out there but I totally understand your efforts towards the Blueberry as it was once a mission of mine. Happy Growing!

midwest

@midwest I have a blueberry sativa ibl too, probably from the same source. What was your thoughts on it?

Mine came from ThisIsMe
They were interesting...Not the place to look for a stong blueberry tasting pheno. Very fast growing, I bet they would be incredible outdoors. Long running colas. Definitely had that "clear" sativa high which you could read as low potency but in a nice way.
Had some pics but can't seem to find them at the moment. Need to figure put how you access my gallery at the cabana now that they changed servers.

need4weed

Veteran
Ok, I got mine through USC and they say its old blueberry sativa inbread towarfd thai expressions, I thought it might have originated from escobar seeds as he also had a blueberry sativa ibl some years back. I'm yet to run it though

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
I see blueberry predominantly as an indica for people who like sativa, its never going to compete in the potency stakes with a Kush, it's never going to compete with the flavour/scent of skittles/gelato..someone smoking gelato Kush all day would smoke even the best blueberry and prob see it as 'mids', what blueberry really offers is sweet berry flavours with the multifaceted euphoric high, its feel good happy head stash, inspiring, ideas, talkativeness, that becomes relaxing on the back end

only problem is the oxymoron of unstable pheno expressions with an expressive price tag.... i don't know how much 100 seeds would be retail, but that's the sort of seed numbers needed to get a really good blueberry ......50 females

420empire

Veteran
I deff. agree Growhigh.
It´s was DJ intention that this should be "cure" all herb more than flavour bomb weed.
I was just wondering, could´t he just make a fem vers. or ibl the shit out it, hmm maybe it´s alredy a bit to inbreed though??
I guess by this the numbers for potential blueberry terps pheno could pop up more often..?
I agree, Iuv zkittles, runtz, cookies. Even though I ´am more into the old school stuff and landraces / herilooms, these cultivars is really nice to smoke and look at, but the highs often seems short. Like it was ment to redose these strains more often... hehe.

goingrey

I see blueberry predominantly as an indica for people who like sativa, its never going to compete in the potency stakes with a Kush, it's never going to compete with the flavour/scent of skittles/gelato..someone smoking gelato Kush all day would smoke even the best blueberry and prob see it as 'mids', what blueberry really offers is sweet berry flavours with the multifaceted euphoric high, its feel good happy head stash, inspiring, ideas, talkativeness, that becomes relaxing on the back end

only problem is the oxymoron of unstable pheno expressions with an expressive price tag.... i don't know how much 100 seeds would be retail, but that's the sort of seed numbers needed to get a really good blueberry ......50 females
Also berry flavor maybe but not blueberry, which I guess a lot of people are expecting.

420empire

Veteran
Also berry flavor maybe but not blueberry, which I guess a lot of people are expecting.
But DJ wouldt' call it Blueberry if it just was a berry flavour, and actually what does berry flavour means ...? by that i mean , some of us is grown up with the wild Blueberry taste / smell others is used to the kool aid Blueberry.
Maybe is just All bout landing the right pheno ..out of 100.. dunno🤔

Last edited:

goingrey

But DJ wouldt call Blueberry if it just was Berry flavour, and what does Berry glamour means ... i guess😁 Again some if us is grown up the wild Blueberry taste / smell others is used to the kool aid Blueberry. Maybe is just All bout landing the rigtig pheno
If you find that pheno hold on tight. :dunno: Although blueberry (the berry) smell is a bit upset stomach farty so maybe not. :D

Some of the plants have a blue/purple hue to them, I thought that was the idea behind the name.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
I deff. agree Growhigh.
It´s was DJ intention that this should be "cure" all herb more than flavour bomb weed.
I was just wondering, could´t he just make a fem vers. or ibl the shit out it, hmm maybe it´s alredy a bit to inbreed though??
I guess by this the numbers for potential blueberry terps pheno could pop up more often..?
I agree, Iuv zkittles, runtz, cookies. Even though I ´am more into the old school stuff and landraces / herilooms, these cultivars is really nice to smoke and look at, but the highs often seems short. Like it was ment to redose these strains more often... hehe.

I deff. agree Growhigh.
I think it's just the curse of the Polly hybrid.. 2 different Thai, Afghan , Mexican, it's always going to lead to lots of pheno expression,....that's the main reason blueberries are so diverse in phenos ,... and thats why it gets crossed out so much ....its that hard to find a good pure one :D

its very unrealistic to grow out 100 seeds for most people

Last edited:

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran

yeahh that leads to allot of disappointment i imagine or even worse no sweetness at all , a blueberry that smells like hay,..they are actual blueberry terps in Dutch passions regular .. but good luck finding them unless your growing hundreds... or get lucky and find 1 in a pack or 2

Persianfarmer

Just finished running a few of these and figured I'd put up a little report.

Grew 4 plants. 2 males, 2 females
Both males were sterile and didn't have pollen in their sacs which was unfortunate because I wanted to hack out some beans.
I had a few nanners on both females which was light leak related. My fault. No seeds developed. Harvested a touch early because of the nanners.
Both phenos got purple-ish but nothing too crazy. Tiny amount of variagation but no mutants

Short Pheno: looked more like the picture on the seed pack. More rounded nugs. More potent. Leans towards grape a little bit. Tighter buds

Tall pheno: Had more elongated spears and foxtailing. More berry smell. Yielded more.

Overall thoughts
Pretty easy to grow really. Light feeders.
Poor cloners. Sat for about a month before putting out roots.
Smelled amazing when growing. Didn't totally translate to the dry bud though. Very smooth daytime smoke. Medium potency.

7 out of 10
Well done brother!!! Wish I had a puff of those beauties😉

aqualungs

Blue City Diesel Platinum Edition from Jordan of the Islands was probably my favourite blueberry cross. This came into my mind after I made my previous post. Amazing strain and taste of blueberry candy more or less. Should be no problem finding a keeper in a 10 pack of these.

There was a ‘94 blueberry cut floating around my local community a few years back that was ok but hella leafy to trim. I am past strains like that at this point but I would run the Blue City Diesel Platinum again in a heartbeat, folks loved it. She looked like a washer too I was just not in a situation to hash her at the time.

420empire

Veteran
Blue City Diesel Platinum Edition from Jordan of the Islands was probably my favourite blueberry cross. This came into my mind after I made my previous post. Amazing strain and taste of blueberry candy more or less. Should be no problem finding a keeper in a 10 pack of these.

There was a ‘94 blueberry cut floating around my local community a few years back that was ok but hella leafy to trim. I am past strains like that at this point but I would run the Blue City Diesel Platinum again in a heartbeat, folks loved it. She looked like a washer too I was just not in a situation to hash her at the time.
Sweet bro! I was actually lookin at that strain a few days ago and the blue ghani sticky finger version!. Lord have mercy cause I have sinned!
That photo of both strains is really stunning! Looks like they was born to Wash, and could u imagine , full melt or rosin on those ladies. The result hopefully would b be that every bad emotion just melt the fuck away from your mind 🫠

Pic. 1-2 Blue city diesel Jordan
Pic. 2-4 Blue ghani , sticky fingers vers.

Pics Borrowed from Jordan of the Island.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411_175216_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_175216_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20240411_175234_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_175234_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20240411_175644_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_175644_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240411_175751_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_175751_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

SunnyListon

Was VERY dissapointed in DJs True Blueberry.
It was a high yielding hybrid of stoney bland blue stuff. It looked good, but not more.

Not even made seeds with it.

The name "True" in it, was a big scam to me. People who knew real Blueberry bought the True Blueberry because of the word "True" in it and DJs reputation.
And it was nothing special, nothing good.

After the big letdown of True Blueberry the new Blueberry F5 is not even interesting to me. Sorry DJ. You let me down and you knew that True Blueberry is just shite

The first edition of Dutch Passions Blueberry was spiritual stuff, people who tried it, NEVER forgot it. It was a class of its own, you could not compare it to other stuff. Worldclass it was.

The next shot to find it again will be Flo x Blueberry F2 first europe edition

So Hai

Ok, I got mine through USC and they say its old blueberry sativa inbread towarfd thai expressions, I thought it might have originated from escobar seeds as he also had a blueberry sativa ibl some years back. I'm yet to run it though
Escobar used a true blueberry that he crossed to a blueberry (sativa) male. What you have from USC could be a dj short blueberry that was bred toward the sativa by reeferman.