What's new

DIY Vertical Cooler System

G

WOW, i can't believe how much they are in different areas. There are two different kinds. One is a thinner and cheaper Wye. Why, one is a more thicker PVC and cost more. You want the thinner and cheaper one.

Hurricanefaniam, how are the hair plugs coming along, lololol
Later,
BG

G

Ok, I'm about to get started with the bucket system. You might want to get some popcorn and a drink, because i think everyone is going to like this smaller system. Here's some of the supplies your going to need. I'll make a list alittle bit later on.
Stay tune,
BG

G

Supply's Needed

One 5 gallon Bucket with lid
2 female adapters 1/2"
4 3" coupler
1 6" nipple 1/2"
1 Drip head

Ok, you will want to trace out all the hole's needed to be cut out. Here you will see i'm tracing out the holes for the 3" pipe that will be slid through the holes and a 3" coupler glued to each end. You will also need to drill out a 7/8" hole for the 1/2" pipe for the drip head. You will use a 1/2" piece of pipe at about 1.25" length and a female adapter glued to each end. These little units have a glue end and a threaded end for screwing in a pipe 1/2". The spacer's for the 3" pipe with coupler are a 3" in length. You will need a 3.25" saw hole to drill out the holes.

As you can see in this next picture. You are going to want to place the lid ontop of the bucket before drilling out all the holes. To me, i think this is the safest way to cut out the holes.

Last edited:
G

Next you will see that all the fittings are glued in place. I used the clear PVC glue. You want to glue one end at a time. You also want to make sure your spacer pipes in the middle isn't to long. You want these fittings nice and tight. Also, you will see the 6" nipple that will be used for the drip head. You will want to use some teflon tape. This will help keep threads from leaking. Like with the first unit tested.

Here you will see the drip head installed. I went with a 6 drip head for 3 grow sites per each tube. This will keep the unit nice and short. You can make as many sites as you want.

G

Here's what they bottom of the lid looks like with the thread 1/2" barb. You will need to tape the thread on the 1/2" barb to make sure of no leaks, but it really doesn't matter. Since it's inside the bucket.

Here you will see the pump hooked up to the 1/2" barb and ready to pump away. I'll post more tomorrow afternoon. I'm down for today. I hope everyone is enjoying the thread and getting something out of it. Thanks again everyone and all the kind words.
Take care,
BG

G

awesome BG.....thanks for the updates...i'm worried about the dripper heads.....I love the organics...stay safe

G

There is a filter in these heads. I think if you pull the filter out. I think everything should be good to go. I use PBP myself and i don't think there will be a problem. I guess time will tell, but i'll make one of the replacement manifold for the head. If there is need for better follow for thicker nutz. No worries, I'll work out as many bugs as possbile and keep adding to this thread.
Thanks,
BG

G

you are the man.......You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GoldDustWomen again.

HarryNugz

went thru all the pages and really like the design. easy to put together systems like this are great for those managing their funds. look forward to following the 5gal setup as well. Thanks for taking the time to do the tutorial!

G

what size pump are you running in the 5 gallon bucket?
you were running a 396/hr in the cooler right.

and I couldnt find those feeder heads anywhere, where do they hide them at?

Last edited:
G

HarryNugz said:
went thru all the pages and really like the design. easy to put together systems like this are great for those managing their funds. look forward to following the 5gal setup as well. Thanks for taking the time to do the tutorial!

Thanks, the 5 gallon is alot easier to deal with and smaller for those looking from something on a smaller scale. You can run any where's from 2 grow sites to about 12 grow sites.

Using the same pump KilldanNow. Most likely going to use this GPH pump with the 5 gallon unit and then double the GPH with the cooler unit and see how well that size flows the cooler.
Thanks,
BG

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
just want to remind ya again that
driplines to each site is not needed.
the top-'gravity'-drip will work fine.

I've been following this DYI and i like what i see, but i have a noob question, how do you put the plants in? do they go in each opening on each pipe? then do the roots just grow down inside the pipe? how tall can the plants get?
so many questions....thanks. be cool

NuggyBuds

Sloppy,

he will most likely use a net pot like this
Heavy%20Duty%20Net%20Pot_0.jpg

filled with either coco or some type of soiless medium.

The roots will just hang in the tube once they out grow the net pot.
:joint:

Bonzo

Veteran
Hey GDW! Dang how did i miss this! What fun!!!! lookin forward to updates, DIY is the only way to fly!!!

peace

bonz

Latest posts

Latest posts