What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've begun the experiment and the early results are promising. I used an 850mA 12V battery charger, distilled water, and a small amount of fine sterling silver wire attached to each alligator clip. I let it go for I believe 12-15 hours. The TDS meter only read around 25 ppm at the end, but I don't know if it's calibrated for silver.

I poured the resulting solution into a spray bottle and have been applying it twice daily to 2 females. The first, a C99 clone, had been rooted for about 2-1/2 weeks when it got the first spray. It was switched to 12/12 the next day and is currently on 7f. She's not yet showing clear signs of anything, but I'm very hopeful.

The reason for my hope is plant number 2. This is a Blue Cush Fast Auto that's been in the vault for a few years. The first CS spray was on day 17. She's currently on day 25 and extremely confused. She's trying to push out white hairs, but the same flower is also forming balls.

View Image
I'm not a huge auto fan, but they can be fun. The idea of a big bag of auto fem seeds for a future SOG or outdoor grow is intriguing.
Plus I'm frugal(fine, cheap, shut up) so free is always good.:biggrin:

So for those that believe pure silver is needed for female to male reversal, that myth appears to be busted.
What was your wire?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Nice :) Good to know. Definitely not good for drinking, but since we're not smoking these ladies it's the pollen which counts. :)

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Update/Edit: I'm making more colloidal silver and realized that I used the 500mA 12V charger to make the CS, not 850mA like I'd originally posted.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but if I'm sharing information, I want it to be accurate.

I tried the 850 before hooking up the less powerful unit. For whatever reason, the 850 won't work for this. The "charged" light stays on, so the solution is not getting any power.
No! It just means the system will be slower to convert, less current.

Cvh

Supermod
Update:

Hi all,

Here is my final update about my first STS feminized seed making experiment.

Currently I'm busy with collecting seeds out of the dried flowers. I have already poked out hundreds if not a thousand or more seeds and I only cleaned up less then 5% of the total harvest of the single plant.
Lots more poking and cleaning to do...

Next up (in September) I will be growing (a few) of these seeds. I'll do some picture updates about that experiment as well.

Strain: Power Plant
Current date: 11/07/2019
Start from seed: 10/04/2019 (broke the surface of the soil on this day)
12/12: 24/04/2019
STS (every 5-7 days): start from 04/05/2019 until 18/05/2019
Harvest: 04/07/2019

Here is a poor quality picture of a couple of seeds. (I might try again later to make a better picture).

picture.php

Cheers.

:)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Lightproofing is the most important, yes. :)

I'm itching to reverse a few Tsue cuts after I harvest this round. Fecking plant limits have my projects at a sloooooooooow crawl. :( Can't wait till the ignorant either die or get educated, plant limits need to go. If it happens, I'll try to do more than one cut with different application rates. :)

G

thank you^

'Nother Q, what happens if i get some drips from my sprayed plant on other girls that i dont want reversed. Even the slightest amount? does it matter if im spraying in the same room as other flowerers, would it matter? And how toxic is this stuff diluted, if i get a drip on my forearm? LOL

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A bit on your skin? No biggie. But I wouldn't drink it. They say to use gloves only because the silver will stain your hands black.

You can use a dropper and put a drop on a couple nodes. If you're worried about overspray on your other plants, you're using way too much. If you don't have a dropper, use a q-tip.

kokomarin

Before penicilin,ion silver was most used antibiotic,antifungi medicine.
Still,cosmetic and alt medicine stores sell colodoid silver for skin and oral use.

Cvh

Supermod
thank you^

'Nother Q, what happens if i get some drips from my sprayed plant on other girls that i dont want reversed. Even the slightest amount?

Read back a couple of pages, I have successfully reversed a budsite using a single drop of STS and posted the progress and result into this thread. I think other members also have successfully done this experiment.

So watch out a bit with overspray.

Latest posts

Latest posts