What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Modular PVC SCROG trellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

zolar

great thread anyone use 3or 4 inch rebar wire like they put in concrete you can get 4x4s and dowels and a spade bit if you mark all four 4x4s at once you can drill dowel notches at differing heights and put the dowels in and just lay the wire on it it all disassembles easily and you can sometimes scavenge all the parts if you use old broomsticks for the dowels
no digi camera and don't have a scanner to digi drawings

Koskesh

how many plants you guys putting under these 4x4 scrogs? i just built a few, my plants are about 22-26" so i'm thinking 24" for the legs. they're in 8" pots (1.5gal).

16 plants per?

nice thread pico :joint:

D

daddyhaze

pico asked me to post mine here, so here's my trellis I built using information from this thread. Girl isn't a part of the trellis system; she blocks too much light. :wallbash:

Thanks pico for the awesome thread! :yes:

60100DSC_1816.jpg
60100DSC_1797.jpg

60100DSC_1814.jpg

D

daddyhaze

ItsGrowTime said:
You should do like they do in Colombia and make your workers walk around naked :)
:wave:

Been there, done that. :D Just not in Colombia... and ganja, not coca!

60100f18.jpg
60100f13.jpg

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Pico asked me if i could add this pvc trellis... here ya go pico, you da man!

P.S. never ever use metal fencing for a net kidz. Just take my word for it. Just go with trellis netting!

B

badugi

I almost considered trying painted metal screens, similar to what you're using but larger holes. Decided on pre-made 5' x 15' nylon netting with 7" holes.

Just curious, what problems did you run into?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
yo clown what up, those holes were like 2x3" and they sucked! 4x4" may have been better. But the budz grew fatter than 2inches wide and grew around the screen, i had to cut them in half to get them off cuz i couldnt pull them thru. The metal fencing also sucks cuz if you dont re-use it (which is hard to do), u cant just ball it up and put it in a drawer like trellis net. Its a bunch of fence and it takes up a lot of area, and its pointy and sharp, and IS just a plain PITA to work with overall!!

B

badugi

Here's mine.

picture.php

picture.php

Can't see much of the trellis anymore:

picture.php

Far back against wall has the trellis.

picture.php

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Very Nice thread Pico. This seems like a practical and efficient way to manage all that growth and keep it tight under the light.

micropro

I love this method! I'll hit some pics later.

007, I've got the kush berrys growing now, and I'm real disappointed. Is this a strain ur familiar with? The buds seem to be duds. will they ever fill in?

jamrockjay

Great thread Pico :woohoo:, im gonna make myself one of these for my next grow great idea about having differnt leg lengths. Just a couple of questions, what height do u let ur girls get to b4 using the screen? and if i have approx 4 and a half feet of height to flower at what height would u suggest i have my screen? Many thx :joint:

RhinoJay lives on...

Oregonic

Thank You

Thank You

Pico I just wanted to big you up for inspiring me to build one of these... I always wanted to but this thread inspired me to get off my ass and go out and do it. Needless to say, I'll be throwing my stakes away forever :) I LST'd all my plants and then just threw the trellis over them when I flipped em. My whole trellis was simple as hell to build, cost me $20 at most, and man does it do the trick. Anybody out there reading that hasn't built one of these yet... what are you waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts