What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Coliseum On The Cheap

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Hmmm... This thread is a lot like something that just popped into my head. I'll be back around when it's rolling.

Keep the pics coming!

PoorBoy

Sorry, a little slow on the update here.

I'm at day 33 of flower now. Attached are some pics from today and at 22 days flower.

I'm very happy with the way this is turning out. The system is working well for me. On the next run I will know better than to let them get as overgrown as they did this time. Still, they are budding up nicely. I'm anxious to see how this yeilds. I expect to be cutting them a couple days after christmas (70days flower)

Attachments

• 22days-01.JPG
    22days-01.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 22days-02.JPG
    22days-02.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 22days-03.JPG
    22days-03.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 22days-04.JPG
    22days-04.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 48

PoorBoy

33 days

Attachments

• 33days-04.JPG
    33days-04.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 33days-03.JPG
    33days-03.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 33days-02.JPG
    33days-02.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 33days-01.JPG
    33days-01.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 44

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Inspirational stuff PoorBoy, many thanks, I am looking at designing my first proper Vert grow and your Steel mesh cage is the best solution I can think of for a well set up Colisseum.

Lovely Lovely Lovely Love your diy I think im going to give it a try i just love this site because of people like you who teach us something new every day with something cheap, affordable and simple. Thank You:respect::respect::respect:

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Sorry, a little slow on the update here.

I'm at day 33 of flower now. Attached are some pics from today and at 22 days flower.

I'm very happy with the way this is turning out. The system is working well for me. On the next run I will know better than to let them get as overgrown as they did this time. Still, they are budding up nicely. I'm anxious to see how this yeilds. I expect to be cutting them a couple days after christmas (70days flower)

Im gonna guess you will get close too 1gram per watt on this one.
Eventually when you tune it in i would guess up to 1.5 - 2gpw.

My guess is about 4lbs on this one.

Im anxious too see, and i have to give you props that was the most genius and simplest use of buckets in a vertical i have ever seen, you made it simple props for that!

Bodhi Roach

I just read it from start to finish, sweet setup, very ingenius, best of luck,
Id love to see what you could do with some nutes
one thing about vegging vert is they dont really grow tall, but when you flip, you get a massive burst of stretch

thanks for sharing with us!!

PoorBoy

Day46 of Flower.

Attachments

• 46-1.JPG
    46-1.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 46-2.JPG
    46-2.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 52
  • vert
    vert
    58.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 46-4.JPG
    46-4.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 52

PoorBoy

I posted at the beggining of this thread that I thought this system was earthquake proof. Thats been proven three times already ;-)

There are nice sized buds forming throughout. I can't get the camera up high enough above the cylinder to show it, but there is an 18" ring of solid vegetation top to bottom, and around. Alot is way overgrown. I wish I had pruned more aggressively on day 21.

Che

Veteran
PoorBoy, this is an awesome show of ingenuity and determination. Having just read the entire thread, I'm excited and hopeful of your Christmas yield. The extra long veg will probably bolster the results! Tagged up and watching with interest!

down2grow

Tight grow man!! Say if you somebody did this on a smaller scale, 5 buckets on the bottom and 5 on top. Would one 600w do the job? I'm really considering this.