What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Coliseum On The Cheap

PoorBoy

I was using locally available 20-20-20 fertilizer until day 21flwr then switched to 10-30-20. I water every other day, and add ferts every othe watering. No signs of nute burn or salt buildup.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
very impressive and inspiring grow but please use direct image show instead of attatchments
for proxy users needing to login and load each page its a killer

but very nice display so far even though im making coffe and getting pizza before each page is loaded

PoorBoy

I'm at day 63 right now. I planned on cutting them at day 70, but not sure if they will be ready or not. I may give them an additional week or so. There are alot of large buds throughout the interior, but a tremendous amount of popcorn that could benefit from a little more time in the sun within the exterior canopy. Most likely I'll clear the big stuff and let the rest go a bit longer. Ultimately, my timeline will be dictated by the progress of the new seedlings already sprouted for the next run.

I started flushing with molasses and water 7 days ago. Thats a first for me. I'm anxious to see what difference it makes.

PoorBoy

I have more pics to post, but I have to get up to 50 postcount real quick so I can upload them inline. Sorry about that Gunnarguchi

PoorBoy

Here is my 51st post. I'm hoping this one puts me up to the next level so I can upload more pics. Fingers crossed

EDIT: Bummer. I moved up to level three, but I still don't have space left to upload any new pics. I'll check back later.

Che

Veteran
log out and then log back in, it might help man..
Happy Holidays, can't wait to see the pics!

PoorBoy

I'm at 65 days right now. Yesterday I cut out a bud that had gotten too close to the light and put it under a magnifying scope to see where the trichs are at. As I suspected already, I'm no where close to finishing. The buds are nice sized, but the trich heads are mostly clear with maybe 50% starting to get cloudy. I don't know what happened on this run. This clone has finished at 70 days for me twice before.

Fortunately I can wait awhile longer yet. The seedlings are started for the next run, but they're still tiny.

I documented the last grow with this clone on in the micro forum under 400W MH C-SCROG. Here is a pic of one of those buds at 61 days. Compare it to the buds above. The 400W MH buds were much smaller, but further along at this time. Much, much smaller.

M

mrred

mh might have a slight increase in flowering time,, which buds was smaller, the 400w mh?

PoorBoy

Mrred, I reworded my last post as It wasn't clear. The 400W grow finished faster than the current grow is. I would have expected the reverse as well.

Now I'm, wondering why. The 400W grow was in a 14" cylinder with the canopy just barely outside of scorch distance throughout the grow.

The current grow may be giving me lower lumens to the canopy because of the greater bulb distance, even though the bulbs are a higher wattage.

or

The dual arc bulbs aren't performing as good as I hoped they would

or

It's time to replace my 10 year old ballasts.

I really hope it's the first or second of those possibilities, but I'm leaning towards the bulbs or ballasts being to blame

PoorBoy

Other than being a little slow to the finish line, I can't complain about the way these buds are shaping up. Here is a look at 66 days. I think I'm going to try to let them go another 2 weeks.

Drainage hasn't been an issue for me. Also it's been pretty easy to keep the buds wired back from the lights when necessary. There are only three things I'll change on the next run.

1. move the lights up 10". The way they are situated now isn't optimal for the pot heights

2. Make sure I have 84 seedlings the same size.

3. Flower at a smaller size, prune all the lower side shoots aggressively and try for 2' single cola plants. I think this will yeild more than what I will pull on this run.

PoorBoy

I just replaced all my capacitors before this grow. So I don't think thats going to help.

I'm not sure how much this is going to yeild. If it was a flat garden, I could judge it better. I'm anxious to see what comes out of this as well. It will clearly be alot more than I was pulling from flat gardens previously in this space, but less than the potential for the system.

Latest posts

Latest posts