What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Coliseum On The Cheap

bayarea925

hey poorboy whats your inside and outside diameters?

edit:

Also would anyone know how to set this up in one gallon buckets perlite and flood and drain or drip?

PoorBoy

Junior_Grower, my odor control system is completely passive. I open my growroom door to the outside during the light cycle and odor never gets a chance to build up. I've never had an issue with it. I'm also fortunate enough to have a situation where no-one can get that close anyway.

bayarea, I'm 4' dia inside. The buckets are 10" so 68" outside dia. I'm going 7' high on this one.

W

Wasabi420

wow this set up is sooo simple but I love it. I think I might have to try it on my next grow. I'm soo giddy right now this is just way too easy! :)

i like it but for height issues i wonder what it would be like to turn that cage on its side and run the lights down through it and use it kinda like a scrog wheel, do you guys think that would work?

5th

Veteran
I don't like bumping really old posts...but the more I smoke...the cooler this looks....

zukinjo

nice setup

nice setup

Like your style...just i am wondering how do u flush?
When u flush the water from upstairs comes down on the other ladies...

Keep up the good work...

420stoner

i never seen nuthing like this before.'
that set up is bad ass !
how do you exhaust air out & bring fresh air in? or you dont have to do it this set up?
im guessing this is like a regular grow room that you need to exhaust air out & bring fresh air in.
anyways thats a nice set up, how was the buds in the last run?

Great read. Its nice to be able to read threads from you guys who pioneer this stuff. I think I made some good observations. Looks like this thead died. Wouldnt mind seeing it continue

C

camdawg

Love this thread just read it in one sitting. so I wiped up my puddle of drool and thought could you run this with smaller buckets and more plants and quicker veg?

Securityfirst

The buckets are just stacked around the circumference of the column in staggered rows. 5 rows of 12 with an extra row of empty buckets on the top to help reflect the light in.

This setup would support 6 rows of 14 (84 buckets) but I ran short on clones. As is, I ended up using a scraggly assortment ranging from barely rooted to overgrown. I'm going to let these veg for a bit to see if they won't even out.

The spaces between the buckets are large enough that I can reach through and work with the canopy relatively easily.
Man I like that setup. Be sure to vegg up to at least 6 up to 8 weeks. Maybe try to buy a Led light to vegg the next round while these flower.

Securityfirst

I really like the ziptie idea. I think that would be the ideal way to secure these.

My pots have holes in the bottom and just run onto the floor. It's concrete with a drain.
Or growstores have those circle things that you hook around the top of the plant and attach the other end to the ceiling or make your own with fishing line and hooks.

Securityfirst

I was waiting until I was ready to flip to 12/12 before posting an update, but I'm still in veg right now. I had planned to flip a few days ago, but it still doesn't seem full enough to me. With the big pots, I have alot of space between plants. I think I will yield better letting them bush a little more and fill the empty spots. Could I please get some feedback on this from those of you who have done grows like this before?

Yes, the buckets are dripping into the buckets below, but this isn't an issue. The plants are sitting close to the edges of the buckets, then pushed out and through the wire frame so they aren't being dripped on at all.

The plants were looking a little nitrogen deficient. I had only been giving them straight water as I thought the compost might be too hot already. I hit them with a 20/20/20 fertilizer and they are greening back up nicely. I'm in a third world country. The good fertilizers and soil additives are impossible to come by here. No bloodmeal, bonemeal, hydroton, or even perlite to be found. A big bag of potting soil costs $48 :laughing: I made a massive composter that has three sections of 4.5 cubic meters each. I have enough compost now to last me forever.

Looking healthy. Not ready for 12 hr yet imho

Latest posts

Latest posts