What's new

DIY: Alternative to Smoking with Butane Lighters, No cash for a vaporizer? This might

WesleyPipes

thank you for this post. I did not make mine instead I bought some ( too many plants right now). I have now started using it with my cigars as well. Thanks its great

Nice junior. :smile:

How much did you end up paying for it??

Glad you were able to find it and are enjoying it. :jump:

-Wesley

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I have never heard of a product that stood up to the Volcano in level of quality. If so it's not nearly as popular as the Volcano. I go to head shops, I browse forums, I shop stores online. Granted I have a volcano and I'm not in the market I feel the Volcano IS worth $400 dollars and most likely IS the best option for a vaporizer.

If you make your decisions based on marketing propaganda and popularity alone, I feel for you.

Besides, I find it a little ironic that you'll blow $400 on a vape without batting a lash , yet spending the requisite $15 or so dollars on wax line is too much to take...

Now, your alternative if I want to smoke weed by burning it is that I should get a magnifying glass? I understand the solar hit and why it's pure but you honestly think thats a reasonable option? So what happens if it's night and I want to hit my bowl? What if I don't feel like crouching over by my window holding a magnifying glass waiting to take a hit?

I noticed you cherry picked your argument. I figured you'd have something to say about the magnifying glass, which is why I mentioned the glass rod, which you conveniently dodged. Fact is both of these methods, and yours as well, force you to go around your ass to get to your elbow; adding all sorts of unnecessary steps to the simple process of lighting a bowl.

Read the posts in THIS THREAD about how beeswax is a completely natural substance. Not to mention that I'm sitting here telling you that the reason I took the time to do it is the difference in taste.
Ugh. I've read your thread from beginning to end. See above.

Burning a bowl is burning a bowl. It will taste like burnt weed no matter the method of ignition.

"I just don't get the point"
Read. :mad:
I did. And the whole process is just as ridiculous as it was when you told me to read your thread the first time.

Anyways, I'll leave you to your waxy string. Peace.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
To each their own i guess.

i actually would love to use a heated glass rod to burn bowls but when it comes time to smoke i gotta say a bic has never let me down.

the whole waxed hemp seems like more of a novelty, pain in the ass and a fucking mess afterwords than a healthy alternative to the "dangers" of using a butane lighter

Last edited:

WesleyPipes

panopticist

Yes, everything I've heard about the volcano is marketing propaganda. That's it... :jerkit:

Money is tight right now, when I bought my volcano 2 years ago things were a little different. Saving the money was only half the reason I did it, I also wanted to see if I could A) make it myself, B) improve on the company's design.

I've never heard of the glass rod and will have to check it out. I'm always down for actually trying something before I talk about how it seems foolish....

Just read back through all your posts to make sure I wasn't missing anything crucial. Reading that you actually suggested the "VaporGenie" makes me question your opinion on vaporizers anyways. I used one of these things for quite a while and it was crap. Total waste of money. :nono:

I'll argue with you all day, but remember you are the one trolling my post.

"Or you could vape and skip the hassle..."

This is basically saying that my thread is worthless yet I'm still not even sure if you've ever even tried bee line. This is why I usually don't bother with forums. :asskick:

RooR HeaD

51059IMG_2254-med.JPG

51059IMG_2255-med.JPG

WesleyPipes

Awesome RooR HeaD.

So does this mean I can lump you in the "fans of bee line" category? :yes:

Just curious, what kind of RooR bong do you have? I was looking at them and really have one that I would love to get.

-WP

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
much thanks to you amigo! this is a great idea. i was inspired to try it and now im hooked. the difference is amazing. i however, in lazy stoner fashion found an even easier way. i skip the wax and just light the hemp string on fire. it hold a PERFECT little flame that is just the right size to evenly move around the bowl for nice even burning. 1000 thank you's to you. previously i couldnt smoke in glass because it would kill my throat. i have since discovered it was the butane from the lighter as i am smokin glass all day long and feelin fine. i love it when life changes for the better. fuck butane, i am never looking back...

G

guest5703

My personal opinion:

Bic lighters-There's butane, I don't car how much, there's still butane.

Hot Rod/Glass Rod-I've used them for years and if you don't pay attention you'll end up burning yourself or someone else. Also if your not thinking about it like I was and heat up a cold rod it could blow up in your face....It happened to me.

Hakko Ceramic-By far the best product to burn herb with. Heats up in less then 25 seconds which really isn't long and you can keep it on the entire session as long as you place it somewhere safe in between bowls. There isn't any chemicals. The ceramic tip is lasting just fine for me over a year or two now, not worn down a bit.

Bee line-Its nice but can someone provide research on what smoking bees wax could do?? I like using it though, but it isn't super easy and the flame goes out from time to time, honestly it becomes more of a hassle. I believe that there is a slight taste to it, but almost so faint that it doesn't bother me.

Peace

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Hakko Ceramic-By far the best product to burn herb with. Heats up in less then 25 seconds which really isn't long and you can keep it on the entire session as long as you place it somewhere safe in between bowls. There isn't any chemicals. The ceramic tip is lasting just fine for me over a year or two now, not worn down a bit

The herb iron is better!!!