What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dima in Morocco 2010´ ChefChaouen and more

amc98

Hola Titoon, good question you did, I gonna tell you my honest opinion..

As you know im from Spain, here the people use to smoke moroccan hashish for the last 40 years, since the spanish "Legionarios" (army) came back with them from the spanish colony areas in Morocco. They use to called it "grifa".

And since year 2000 we have seen foreing strains in the moroccan hashish, as the first "paki" batch from there.

Between these periods of time we have seen many kinds of moroccan landrace kif hashish, and the best quality of this hash was his dense high and his unmistakable sweet taste.

The best i remember was some "Polen virgen", the real 00, as soft blonde 50gr slabs, soft like a muffin...very soft press.

I think it was a moment that the demand was crazy too much, uncontrollable, and the moroccans begin to do some bad grown techniques...overgrow, overfeed, non selected the seeds, etc...i think this massives techniques has killed the lineage of them kif landrace.

Here in Spain we notice during the years/decades a notable drop of quality of these hashish...from the unmistakable sweet taste to a such kind of ash taste, and a remarkable cbd/headache high on most of them.

Of course the smugglers introduced some kind of mixing technique...some to make more weight...some to get compact the poor pollen...some to get bubble to the hashish...

But far from this, i noticed "in situ" on Morocco that the QUALITY of the RESIN from landrace moroccan Kif , as pure as you can find, is falling down to the limit.

Of course i´m agree with people that think it is a shame this drop of the quality of the resin, that think that it would be great to try to recover or fix the moroccan lineaje...But..

...but the thing is that the own farmers have notice about this drop and start to introduce others strains from where they can collected better resin.

Yes, it´s a shame thinking on the Kif lineaje but it is understandable thinking on the farmers.

Anyway IMO Morrocan people just make Bussines with the hashish, they not have a hashish culture, as some muslims coutries or asian coutries as Nepal or India that have in them culture the Hashish...as sacrament, mystic or so..

I think moroccan people traditionally used to smoke his plant mixed with tobacco..called Kiffi, till in the sixtys some Hippies told them what they had seen on them Orient and Asian travels..to make hashish sieving the Kif plant.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, nobody own the total truth.

Best vibes to you and all,

Dima.

I would sign every single word you´ve posted here, dude.
In Morocco, I think, the ancient method for smoking was the Kiffi (blend of tobacco and crushed buds) smoked with the sebsi. It wasn´t until the hippys that we´re coming back from Asia told them about hash that they started making sieved hash.
I´ve always been a hard guy with all this "moroccan issue", don´t want to offend nobody. But the moroccan example is the textbook definition of idleness when applied to growing.
Bad growing techniques, bad selection methods, bad drying and curing process, awful sieving method, agressive pressing technique, abusive use of binders, etc...All of this has led the moroccans to export the worst quality hash you can smoke. I used to smoke moroccan hash back in the 90´s, you could find some nice bullet-shaped pieces and also some slabs of fresh nice sieved resin, with almost no pressure applied to them. But quality just falled down year by year, and nowadays it´s incredible for me that smugglers in Spain are able to sell a single piece of the shit they´re offering. As I said, I´m a hard guy when it comes to moroccan (exported) hash.

A couple of years ago, a spanish magazine claimed that some moroccan fields were entirely seeded with dutch hybrids. Don´t know for sure, though.

Saludos!!!

p.s. I just hope my opinion would come from a trip like yours, Dima. Unfortunately, I only can speak about exported moroccan hash, don´t know what these tricky guys smoke down there...

susantidad

Hi Dima and AMC!

I´m agree with both of you.. sadly morocan farmers are thinking in business and money..

P.D, incredible pics dima, I felt in love with the last hash ball, niiiiice!

regards,
susantidad.

Dimajones-AICC-

Veteran
Hi family , im ready to continue the thread.

Amc98, hiya bro, i agree with you , too many years here in Spain watching how the quality decrease..and how some mafias making money selling S.H.I.T...damn!

Here continues the Morocco chronicles ..

[...] Next day we went to our friend A´s family house. It was over the Chefchaouen montains, only 40 mins drive from the village..there was a little field with kifi´s stalks cutted.

_MG_4928.jpg

The house was under construction, there was an old woman working out and we into the only roof room.

Inside the room there were three men, A´s family, and two young italian boys that wont to buy some hashish to eat them.

We were there as A´s friends... drinking tea, waiting for the ice bags and smoking some home-hashish. A´ told us that we dont smoke that we bring from mountain cause it would break them business cause the quality of our hashish was better, not kiff plants....so we kept smoking their hashish..hehehe.

Moroccan focused on italian boys, pressing them, and we laughing and smoking beside them..hehehe...all the moroccan people speak spanish..

Italian boy at least scored 400 gr. of mid-good quality and the men make ready to work the hashish.

One man put the raw powder inside a really strong plastic bag and close it.
Another man go out and come back with a huge huge mace (hammer) and begin to hit with him soul to the
powder bag...pum..pum..pum..pum..pum........that´s is the moroccan mountains song, :) .

...20 minutes non stop..when the man stop..open the powder bag and took.. an awesome cream from inside..really black..hot...mmmmmm..malleable ...wooow.

Then they worked little egg with plastic..

Wooww!! Really nice experience to see..better when i dont go to eat those eggs !!hehhehehehehe!

The ice come and i ask for the weed. Our friend A´ come back with a big sack of week: kiffi.

IMG_4919.jpg

_MG_4943.jpg

Huge sack..yes, but kiffy genes..full of stalks..full of seeds..and some shit around..really dirty..heheheh

I did the bubblehash, great amount, not the whole sack..just few hands down the sack.

The result was good..not fine but good. I hadn´t a proper bucket..only there was a can of olives..

_MG_4967.jpg

Not fine, the result was few dirty..it didnt bubble so much..but the high was Superb!! and the taste soo good.

Really i think the morrocan people have kill the kiff gene pool with overgrown or so...the kiffi seems corn.

It was 3er day on Morroco and we,ve done all the goals we,ve planned so the rest of the week we visit every tea-shops and restaurant on the village..hehehhe...its allowed smoke inside in all..

"..sieving in the hotel...pressing it..playing with it...smoking it!!" :tiphat:

_MG_4974.jpg

_MG_4977.jpg

Hope you all enjoy with them, tomorrow last pics.

Best kharma,
Dima.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
soo nice, wonderfull bro...let us see some pix from da isolator!! did you also made some shotz from da egs???
enjoy it!!

zielonylasss

guerilla grower
Veteran
'...pum..pum..pum..pum..pum. .......that´s is the moroccan mountains song...'
You had great adventure there in RifKif mountains!
Hope to do something simmilar one day...
Can not wait for last shots!

666 post :sasmokin:

Dimajones-AICC-

Veteran
Here is the result, not full melt, but great taste and high.........Maroc bubblehash made on moroccan Rif Mountain :tiphat:

Chilaba style, hehehehe.

_MG_5066.jpg

_MG_5058.jpg

_MG_5018.jpg

_MG_5013.jpg

_MG_5011.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

Best kharma to all compadres.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Nice, very nice... Looks like you had lots of great fun dima ! Makes me feel like going, awww paris-tangiers way & back is at less than 200 euros, I need the bread !

thanks for sharing !

Irie !

Dimajones-AICC-

Veteran
Hi all, thanks for stopping by.

Mriko, nice to see you here, go to Morroco, it seems like it is farthest of what really is..

Best wishes, let me know if you go through Spain :tiphat:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Mriko, nice to see you here, go to Morroco, it seems like it is farthest of what really is..

eheh, so close it is indeed !
Got no bread for the moment, but seriously thinking about it for later in the year. I need to buy me a whole row of new teeth (business-induced tension & bruxism have blown out many many...), within a year preferably, so a little vacation down South might help indeed...

Best wishes, let me know if you go through Spain

thanks ! hmm, I think would most probably fly above !

Irie !

C

charlie garcia

thx for sharing Dimaj! hadnt noticed before
Hope trip was as great as in the pics, bien cremoso :)
cuidense
abrazotes y +k

Dimajones-AICC-

Veteran
Great to see you here Charlie G! Hope you have enjoyed through the thread bro.

Best wishes, hope to see you again soon.

Takis, dont worry with the prices, just ridiculous cheap in the high mountain.

B

British_Bulldog

Awesome Dima - looks fantastic man :)

Thanks for sharing,

Peace

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts