What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DigiBerryHaze F1 - Original Haze x Digital Berry bx1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is DBH4, the F1 seed mother of some of some of @Jahaze 's F2s.
At 19 days flower, the branches needed to be tied down.
DBH4day19.jpg
dbh4@19daysbr.jpg
DBH4@19topnug.jpg

VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
so I came back from a 12 day holiday and found that the #3-2 plant was male afterall. I should haven't risked it but I did and not only did the sneaky bugger quickly develop but he dropped a considerable amount of pollen. I had some other plants in the room but those are finished so no loss but the DBH females were dusted. I'm going to take everything out and see where I am before I decide on the fate of the grow. The male has been removed and culled...I did save some pollen and I have a clone.

20230714_074826.jpg
20230714_075023.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear that @Jahaze ... its tough sometimes having an immutable deadline in life but plants tend to take their time. VERY quick into flower to end up there after just 12 days! - i really thought you'd be fine with that delay...
I guess we can chalk up a strong flowering response to 12/12 which straight haze certainly doesn't have lol.
Hopefully it is early enough for the girls to shake off a few early seeds and carry on flowering.. pistils look white still and i can see quite some wide/narrow leaf variation between the foreground plant and the background !
keep us posted..
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
@VerdantGreen I had a chance today to clear out the room and wiped everything down in hopes of containing airborne pollen. Plants were sprayed down with water and checked for intersex traits...there are none so far they are stable. My error was my impatience and I could have easily just left the plant in the veg chamber till i returned. I thought the same as you...what can possibly happen in 12 days? Some of these f2's respond quickly to photo period change. Now that they are out I have observed some differences between the group 3 plants and group 4. The #3 group looks more alike with a hazy profile while the group 4 has more variation with some hybrid looking plants, hazy plants, and one that has a jungle 'sativa' vibe. I will get better pictures sometime this week now that Im back and can care for them better. these plants were bone dry when I pulled them out and we are suffering a heat wave with my room registering temp 23deg higher than normal while I was away. still look ok considering the abuse. From left to right they are: 3-1, 4-1, 4-2, 4-3. The male plant was 3-2. so 3 males from group3.

20230714_203850.jpg

20230714_204225.jpg
3-1

20230714_204142.jpg

4-1 very compact and filling in nicely

20230714_204254.jpg

4-2 has a thai hybrid look

20230714_204351.jpg

4-3

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look pretty good @Jahaze considering what they've been through.. the heat probably speeded up the pollen drop too. Its tough leaving the plants and going away.. i'm away for a week quite often and its a bit of a dice roll with this and that..
i'm really pleased with the variation they look to be showing, seems there has been some jiggling of traits and there could be some interesting plants in there, you are right 4.2 looks quite exotic ! 3.1 and 4.1 look similar from the pics.
glad they stood up to the heat.
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Well it seems like more pollen fell than I thought initially. The plants have stopped stacking calyxs and they are focusing their energy on making seeds. They are completely seeded from top to bottom so I'll let the seeds mature and then chop them down as I'm not going to get enough smokable bud to take them to the end. I have clones of three of the four females since one on the clones died while I was away. I'll try and reveg that plant and hope she responds. Sorry for the hiccup but I'll get these going again in the next 2 weeks which is when the seeds should be viable and I can focus on the clones to grow em out right and proper.

20230722_082234.jpg
20230723_090216.jpg
20230723_090157.jpg
20230723_090133.jpg
20230723_085813.jpg
20230723_085718.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey thanks for the update @Jahaze .. sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get a plant or two you want to work with when you run the clones and some of the seeds will be useful to you. Pics look very promising!

As a gap filler, here is DBH4, the seed mother to 3 of the above plants.
At 6 weeks, really just smells like pure haze to me at this point. May be a few Ahmar seeds in there as all the other plants in the cab have been semi pollinated... but seems pretty clear.
DBH@6pl.jpg
DBHcola@6.jpg
DBH@6nugg.jpg
DBH@6nug.jpg

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
That plant looks great VG. I can make out a hazy floral smell in the 3.1 plant and the 4.1 plant. I'm also getting a mild funky burnt berry with flowery notes. The haze side seems more pronounced in the 3.1 in structure and nose. The 4.1 seems like it has more smells typically associated with wld plants but similar to the 3.1. The other two 4.2 and 4.3 have a mild smell atm but some sour hazy notes with stinky dirty berries if l molest the buds.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Forgot to mention most of these were really packing the resin before they were seeded. Looking at the dbh4 mom of yours I can say that trait is visible in the 3 f2s I grew out.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @Jahaze thats good to hear, interesting how i only just detected the hint of skunk/chem in the F1s but it has come out more in the F2s. (it was the same with the BlueDigiBerry) It's odd, logically not really a nice smell but kind of intriguinng and addictive... and a nice contrast to the sweet berry smell.
So here is my DBH4 F1 plant grown from clone, at exactly 8 weeks flower, and it's not ready yet but it is definitely thinking about it. Grown into a bit of a beast ! Smells hazy still but the floral/perfumed of the digi has developed and with the hazy funk adds up to a jasmine type smell... plus a touch of the chemmy/skunky edge. Smells like it is going to be potent and ime that is true !
dbh4@8.jpg
dbh4@8cola.jpg
DBHnugg@8.jpg
DBH@8nug.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, i harvested the DBH4 plant today at 68 days. Just short of 10 weeks and it was good and ripe.
still smells hazy. Sweet catspiss/jasmine/acetone with a hint of skunky/chemmy funk. Resin thick, silver and sparkling.
DBH@10donepl.jpg
DBH@10nugg.jpg
DBHnug@10done.jpg
dbh@10cola.jpg
dbh@9sun.jpg
DBH@10trimed.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks @aliceklar - quite possibly the odd seed in there, it was the odd one out in a cab full of Ahmar that were semi pollinated to make a few seeds... might be interesting !

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
So it's been a while since I posted anything related to the DBH f2s I started at the beginning of summer. As you know I had a failed run of everything in the rooms due to excessive heat, prolonged absence, and a male plant that pollinated everything while I was away. Today I chopped all the DBH that were seeded with f3 progeny. I have one plant I'm attempting to reveg but in the next couple weeks I'll flower a copy of 3 of the plants I was able to save. I will keep them natural with maybe a little lst for the stretchy 3-1 female but that's it. Once these get going the plan is to start some of the other f2 I got from VG. I can say that both 3-1, 4-1 have a very strong haze scent profile with the catpiss type smell with a hint of chemy funk. Of course the plants were completely seeded so the sinsemilla may add something else in the final product...we shall see. One other plant has a pronounced skunky berry nose with a hazy floral note in the background...very interesting. Below are my sad little clones I hope to flower with no hiccups this time around.

20230822_083802.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
The plants have been repotted and the two taller ones are in flower. The short plant is still in veg in hopes she grows a bit before the flip. As luck would have it I'll be away again for about 12days starting late next week but no males in the mix this time around. I have one more female plant I'm trying to reveg so she'll go in much later if she makes it. The plants were dusted with DE and sprayed with neem to get rid of gnats and aphids I found on another plant in my veg chamber as a precaution and as a result some leaf margins got damaged. Our summer has been unbelievably hot and even with added ventilation some plants have not been happy. I think next year I may have to close the flower room for a couple months during the summer. Anyhow, here are a few DBH f2s.

20230905_081031.jpg
20230905_081057.jpg
20230905_080950.jpg
20230905_080957.jpg
20230905_081004.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Here is the group about 3 weeks later. From L-R DBH 3.1, 4.1, 4.4. The 3.1 has a pronounced catpiss hazy smell and structure to match. Really stretched in flower compared to the group 4 f2s. The 4.1 has really nice resin production I didn't see in the seeded plant from the previous cycle. The 4.4 plant is about 10days behind the other 2 but caught up to the 4.1 plant in height. I returned to the garden after a 12 day absence and my self water reservoir system was empty with some plants showing a bit of dehydration but nothing that can't be turned around. Maybe slowed development somewhat but not enough to effect the final product I don't think. I have two other plants that I tried to reveg and only one seems to be taking. The 4.2 plant didn't like the transition and is no more but did make f3 seeds from the group 3 male that pollinated everything. Plant 4.3 looks like it's going to make it and will get another run once I take a cutting.

20230929_124733.jpg

Group

20230929_124751.jpg

Plant 3.1 top

20230929_124843.jpg

Plant 4.1 top

20230929_124941.jpg
20230929_125524.jpg

Plant 4.4 about 10 days behind in flowering from the other 2.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good @Jahaze , the haze seems quite dominant in two of the plants.. 4.4 looks at this stage to have a little more wide leaf influence and a nice structure. Very interested to see if we get some more digi floral/berry/skunk coming forward in the F2's than i saw in the F1s.

Smoking on plant 4 here in the UK, it could easily pass for a pure original haze from the mainly catspiss/acetone smell and taste.. the stone likely has a bit more body but the effect is very hazy ... with an edge of potency that can take you unawares.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Quick update on the DBH plants. Two of the plants are just at about 6 weeks and 3rd (4.4) plant s about 10 days or so behind. I found spidermites on another plant in my flower room near the air intake fan and quickly sprayed neem on the leaves of everything in the room and wiped everything down with water bleach solution. None of the DBH plants showed signs of mites but I took great care in applying the neem to the leaves avoiding flower clusters. The solution was a bit thick and some leaves dried up due to compromised transpiration I think so I dialed the lights back for a couple days till they recovered. I also noticed that plant 3.1 was a bit yellow and top dressed with some fresh compost which she really seemed to love. She did throw some new growth but should be OK given that she's probably going to go closer to 11 weeks. I purposely didn't feed the other two and they seem fine. Plant 4.1 is moving along nicely and may be the 1st one across the finish line. The last plant, 4.4, showed some salt build up early on and is finally adjusting. She has the darkest leaves but that might be the rich soil she was planted in initially but still looks different than the other group 4 plant. All have a hazy type smell but the group 4 plants also have some funk to them that is evolving.

20231010_083036.jpg

Plant 3.1

20231010_082734.jpg

Plant 4.1 looking lovely

20231010_082840.jpg

4.4 10 days behind but coming along.