What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DigiBerryHaze F1 - Original Haze x Digital Berry bx1

Redrum92

I love the aesthetic of the needle-like narrow leaves in the baby buds almost blending in to the pistils. Definitely haze in there.

Can't wait to see what those are looking like in a few weeks. Any idea what kind of flowering time to expect?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @Redrum92 thanks, yes i like the look of them too !
pics are at 2 weeks from them showing sex (about 3 weeks from flip to 12/12 as immature plants) which is a pretty strong flowering response i think.. i will be happy if these are about 10 weekers but the Digi is 8 weeks and breeds strongly for short flowering time and it will be interesting to see how that influences the cross.
The Original Haze mum was about 12-13 weeks and a bit quicker than some ohaze , also had fatter point buds than most i have seen but it is a legit Original Haze plant from seeds made by Sam Skunkman... who supplied some other breeders including seedsman back then.
VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive just realised that the short male has branches that are quadrifoliate and some seem to have become trifoliate as they go into flower. The younger plant was not tri or quad. I'm not sure about using it now and may just use the other one. I wonder if @GMT would come and give me his opinion on the implications of using it? ( i ask his advice on breeding and he just happens to be developing his own trifoliate line ! )

VG

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I was mate. I took a little break and now I'm on another path. I got them to one in 3, that'll do for now.

So, as I understand it, your question is " I found a sport plant and am thinking of executing it rather than using it. What do you think?". Is that about right? Mate, what do you think a guy who spent 20 years searching for these rare plants thinks of that? :eek:

I mean, granted, there's no real advantage to them, but no real disadvantage either. Honestly the trait is irrelevant to everything. But they look so pretty. How could you? You heathen.
:laughing:

Basically, if he's your chosen male, use him, if he's not, don't. Since the trait is irrelevant, don't make decisions based on it. If you use and backcross to him, then 1% or so of the offspring may show the trait too. If you use him with a normal female, and leave it at that, odds are you'll never see it again.
What's his lineage? I'll read back later, just doing my child minding duties right now.
Mine are Tri and quad from the stem though, to get the branches like that is something I didn't get very often.
Please don't make any snap decisions, you may never see another one.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hmmm, I couldn't quite work out if this male is Frank's blue by your blue, or the two blues and then Sam's haze added in. But yeah, still the OPT showing up all these gens later.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @GMT. Its the Original Haze x Digiberry .
same digiberry pollen that frank sent me went to make the BlueDigiBerry which is a separate line altogether with the same father, the digiberry.

`thanks for the feedback on the tri thing... . pretty much where i was leaning on it, never been a problem when ive encountered it and arguably a desirable trait. this could possibly be environmental as it wasn't like that as a seedling . i do like the male, nice structure, and wanted to use it so probably will.

(there are 2 males, both nice. one tall, one short - and i would prefer 2 rather than one for the extra combinations and possibilities going forward. )

p.s. the OPT ?

VG

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
OPT, Oregon Purple Thai. Used in the creation of the blueberry. Among other lines. Well over 90% of tris/quads can be traced back to it. If it was environmental, they'd both be doing it.
Pet theory time, the multi site branches probably have more copies of the gene lea13 which generates new lateral growth and pops a leaf at the site.

It gets tiresome when they faciate, which is undesirable.
Otherwise they just tend to need more food, and will revert to normal if rootbound, but the multi site plants are not undesirable.

A very interesting thing to do would be to clone one of those branches, and see if it also puts out Tri quad branches. If it did, that would be a fascinating plant.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Merry Christmas @GMT and everybody else !
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 15.44.06.png

VG :tiphat:

sushi

OPT, Oregon Purple Thai. Used in the creation of the blueberry. Among other lines. Well over 90% of tris/quads can be traced back to it. If it was environmental, they'd both be doing it.
Pet theory time, the multi site branches probably have more copies of the gene lea13 which generates new lateral growth and pops a leaf at the site.

It gets tiresome when they faciate, which is undesirable.
Otherwise they just tend to need more food, and will revert to normal if rootbound, but the multi site plants are not undesirable.

A very interesting thing to do would be to clone one of those branches, and see if it also puts out Tri quad branches. If it did, that would be a fascinating plant.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i took a few pics today. plants are doing well despite being left to mainly fend for themselves for the last few weeks whilst i dealt with a family crisis (which has now run its course)
The smell is unmistakably hazy. That sweet green catpiss type smell. I haven't had much time to check every plant but the cab smells of haze !
i just took a quick snap of three of the plants.. about 4 weeks
first one:
DBHa.jpg
dbhanug.jpg

another one:
dbhb.jpg
DBHbnug.jpg

and the last one, this the tallest. one of the buds has been scorched by the light slightly - it pushed its cane out of the ground! - so i taped the cane to the plant pot.
dbhc.jpg
dbhcnug.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Merry Christmas mate.

Gonna watch that cut harder than any other on the site. 👁️👁️
Fwiw.. the 2 quad branches happened on the second pair of nodes. (first ones threw normal branches) above that the plant was topped and threw some tri nodes as it went into flower. The quad sidebranch stems were also hollow. Clone survived my 2 day absence and is still in play.. need to go spray it actually. Root growth/mass on both males was very similar but if anything the tri.quad male had slightly more.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The DigiBerryHaze are at about 5 weeks or just over. I pollinated some of the lower buds on each plant.. did this in a bit of a hurry and hoping i didn't dust the whole plants by mistake! - here are some pics.
They all smell primarily of haze, but some have a touch of the floral/perfumed/doughy berry of the Digi, and one or two a touch of skunky smell. The look is very haze dominant but there is some variation also...
Plant 1 the shortest. Possible nanner in the nug pic... didn't notice it on the plant but will double check that !
DBH1@5.jpg
dbh1nug.jpg

Plant 2 is a trifoliate:
DBH2tritop.jpg
bdh2under.jpg
DBH2tri.jpg

plant 3:
DBH3@5.jpg
DBH3nug.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts