What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DigiBerryHaze F1 - Original Haze x Digital Berry bx1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks @Jahaze they are coming on nicely and all look pretty haze dominant... that said, i've just been trawling chili_berkster's albums and have dug up some pictures of the digiberry clone, which i myself have never seen in the flesh!
will post them up at some point.. interesting.
VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Week 7 of the 3.1 and 4.1 plants. The 3.1 plant was given some fresh compost dressing on week 5 and she really seemed to need it. Buds swelled nicely and the plant just seemed happier after the feeding. She did throw some new growth but I see signs the plant is still maturing naturally so maybe another 4 weeks or so. The 4.1 plant didn't show signs of hunger but I think if I had top dressed it at the same time her buds would be impressive. Seems like they do fine till about week 4 and a small feeding keeps them going at least with my soil. The 3.1 still smells hazy with some floral notes but lacks any sweetness in smell. The 4.1 also has a hazy background but also has a pronounced damp musky smell. It gives off a plastic/skunky type of smell that's mixes with the hazy floral notes nicely.

20231017_084638.jpg

20231017_085145.jpg

3.1 top

20231017_084910.jpg

One of the lowers on 3.1

20231017_085534.jpg

20231017_085549.jpg
20231017_090303.jpg

4.1 tops

20231017_085801.jpg
20231017_085706.jpg

Some lowers on 4.1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great @Jahaze they both look really nice.. i can see what you mean, 3.1 has stacked the calyxs a little. Great that a bit of skunkyness is coming out in the F2s..
I kind of associate the plasticy/slightly solvent/acetone smell with haze and the floral more with the digi. but yes the combination is nice.. quite a cloying scent that reminded me of jasmine (if its the same smell from the F1s that i'm describing.) Big trics !

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
This is the last of the flowering DBH f2s just past week 6 of 12/12. I was reluctant to post these pics due to the overall condition of the plant but thought it might be a good idea. Typically on a test run we want to see well grown plants to not only entice but to explore what traits we can expect. Poorly grown plants do little towards that end but can still serve a purpose. This plant was obviously not happy in my soil and showed signs of salt buildup. It was repotted with a small root ball into its flowering container and instead of waiting like I typically do while the plant acclimates, I rushed it into flower. She also received a neem oil bath that may have complicated things further when she was immediately returned to the high intensity lights while still wet from the spraying. I somehow managed to not kill the plant and it responded with stable growth and sticky resin in spite of my efforts. That is what I wanted to show with this plant...no nanners or intersex expression given the stress it endured. This plant seems to lean towards the digiberry side I think especially in scent. It didn't like rich soil (at least initially) and since the signs of lockout it has received plain RO water pH around 7 and recovered as best as I could have hoped. Has some interesting needle like serrations on some leaves but not sure if that's a inherent trait or a response to my poor gardening skill.

20231022_135947.jpg
20231022_140153.jpg
20231022_140009.jpg
20231022_140303.jpg
20231022_140242.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well @Jahaze despite the signs of previous problems on the leaves, i would say the plant has budded well and produced an impressive amount of resin.. and in many ways i am grateful that these have been 'stress tested' because i was a little wary of intersex traits in these F2s. Is this plant a '3' or a '4' ?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
This last picture is of the 4.4 plant from your DBH4 mom post #92. Yes it is very resinous all things considered. She and the other group 4 plant have some chemy stink compared to the lone group 3 plant which is just 'hazy' but has developed some other mild terps giving it that jasmine vibe you mentioned before. The 2 plants from group 4 don't have that scent and if they do it is masked by the funkier notes. I will say that the 4.4 plant also has a dirty berry smell recently developed and she is the stinker of the bunch.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Plants 3.1 & 4.1are at week 9 today and their glands are all milky white with a few amber speckled about. Clear heads are a challenge to find so the plants can be harvested at this point safely without sacrificing much. I am going to give them a few more days just to compare maturing glands and if I start seeing more amber forming quickly I'll harvest them otherwise I'll let them be. I don't want to take them too early considering the OHaze lineage but I realize these plants were rooted clones that have been alive since April and definitely mature when they were flipped to flower. They are also smelling really nice atm and seem to be peaking so that's another consideration. That's the plan folks...let's see how it plays out.

Impressions so far:
- All plants I grew from the two groups have a dominant haze smell with a couple giving off some skunky chemy notes and one with hints of berries.
- They responded to photoperiod change rather quickly but still stretched at least 2x even in the small containers I have them in. If you flower these in 3 gal or greater be prepared.
- They don't mind a feeding up to week 5 and still seem to finish around 10 weeks or so. I fed the 3.1 but not the 4.1 and they both are harvest ready at this point but with the 3.1 plant producing much bigger flower clusters.
- No intersex issues or nanners given the stress they were put through.
- Resin production is very good even under less than ideal growing conditions with a couple really having impressive coverage.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds good @Jahaze thanks for the rundown, the speed of flowering is very encouraging, and all sounding quite positive so far.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Quick update. I harvested 2 plants this week after checking them for ripeness. Plant 4.1 was taken at day 64 and plant 3.1 was taken at day 68. I failed to capture the 4.1 plant at harvest but I have a picture from a few days earlier I'll post. Plant 3.1 was also finished at the time time but I let it go. The plant went from just peaking to quickly fading. I noticed a lot of amber today and general sense the plant went too long. I think I made a mistake with the later than normal feed and sudden soil condition change stressed it out a bit. I think she definitely needed the food but I should have given it earlier. She swelled really nicely in the small container and after I removed the stem ties she plopped over from the weight. Good yielding plant. The 4.1 was not fed but I'm running her again just so I can grow her right and she has potential. Anyhow, I found a lone pair of nanners on the lower bud of the 3.1 plant but this late in flower its more likely due to the stress and passing her peak than nanners at say week 4 which often have pollen. These were empty but they seem newly formed so not sure but I want to let VG know at least one plant produced them. Anyhow I have a couple pics of the 4.1 from a few days ago and of the 3.1 from today when I remembered the camera.

20231029_081419.jpg
20231029_081405.jpg

20231102_102741.jpg
20231102_104908.jpg
20231102_102748.jpg
20231102_103557.jpg
20231102_105121.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good @Jahaze , yeah i'm not going to worry too much about the that when the plant was ripe/verging on overripe. great that the other two were in the 9/10 week flowering window and seem haze dominant.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Quick update on the DBH f2 run. The last plant #4.4 finished yesterday at day 70. I let it go longer than the others because I felt she was not run well and needed a bit more time to finish properly. This is one of the plants that had some lock out issues of my own making. She was under an intense led and was ushed too hard. The leaf margins were damaged and carrying out normal exchange was compromised. Nevertheless the plant survived and produced respectable resin and nice terps. This plant more than any has a 'blue' smell to it. I'm getting an earthy red wine with a skunky berry background. The top notes are still the hazy catpiss smell but the digiberry side is represented here I believe. I think the group 4 plants all had some degree of digiberry although the haze predominated. The 3.1 leaned more maternal I think but is no less enjoyable...more on that later. So far I have smoked the 3.1, 4.1, 4.3 and am waiting for the 4.4 to dry and cure. Once they are ready I'll give my impression with some detail. I was unable to reveg 4.2 after the initial seeding. Please forgive to condition of the 4.4 plant and know that it's not indicative of the cultivar but my failure to grow it properly.

20231111_073437.jpg
20231111_073546.jpg
20231111_073657.jpg
20231116_083552.jpg
20231116_083511.jpg
20231116_083536.jpg
20231116_083524.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks @Jahaze the leaves may tell a story but the buds look very decent !
Great that the Digiberry is coming through on some of the F2s as it was only hinted at really in the F1 generation.. but i was kind of expecting that after my experiences with the BDB.
DBH4 F1 is very haze dominant with only a hint of skunkyness if any really, i guess it has a bit of floral too.
VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Digiberry Haze impressions

I was gifted some digiberry haze seeds from @VerdantGreen to run and test. Thank you for your generosity. I received seeds form five different f2 moms. To date I have only run seeds from two groups. The following impressions are from his #3 and #4 moms with his pollen from the f1 males he found in his initial run. If you read through the thread you will know that these were started in April and flowered in the summer but a rouge male DBH f2 from the #3 group seeded the lot. I collected the seeds and started again with the plants I had clones of and some I had to reveg. Group#3 yielded only one female and the three males (2 were culled early) with one presumed female due to late sexing. The group 4 yielded all female for a total of 4. The following impressions are of only 4 females total as 1 plant did not survive my reveg attempt. So that leaves only plants 3.1, 4.1, 4.3, 4.4. I will say that all plants were stable and had a very quick response to the photoperiod change and grew with a haze hybrid type vigor. Overall the f2 I have grown so far have a dominant hazy floral catpiss profile with the digiberry adding some earthy burnt chem notes and reducing flower time. I’m sure with more plants grown we will see some variation along those lines with some interesting plants popping up like one from group 4 below. I try to paint as accurate a picture as possible and will comment on what can’t be seen from the thread. Bud smell, dry pull, taste, and effect. Lastly, the plants all have at least a 4 week cure for plant 4.4, 6 weeks for 3.1, 4.1 and 10 weeks for plant 4.3. As you will see below the plants with the longest cure gave the best results and with haze hybrids I find that it is really crucial to cure at least 6 weeks minimum to really appreciate the flower as these changed drastically for me within the first 3 weeks. While not always true in this case longer is definitely better.

Plant 3.1: The most hazy “looking” plant. Buds smell of the catpiss/acetone notes VG noted in some of his plants. Has an acrid smell that sting the nostrils especially in the ground flower sort of like crushed aspirin. Dry pull – floral. The taste is almost like it smells with the floral notes really coming trough when I burn the flower. The effect is up and energetic but not anxious and very clean/clear effect. The onset is extremely fast and very good euphoria.

Plant 4.1: Again the acrid crushed aspirin smell when the I grind the flower but with a skunky smell. The dry pull on a rolled joint is creamy and skunky with a layered berry flavor…very nice. The taste while smoking is burnt rubber, acrid with a hint of a floral berry note way in the back. Again it hits fast but this one has a warming effect and with a good amount of head fog with bouts of confusion and forgetfulness the more I smoke. Has touch of warm body but with energy. Great for after dinner but not before bed smoke.

4.3: The ground bud smells of floral berries with a sweet smell unlike the first two. The dry pull is sweet floral taste with subtle berry/fuel taste. Burning the flower is such a joy. It has a perfumed earthy taste with a touch of fuel and spices with flowers all mixed in…truly lovely and the best taste of the lot for me. The effect is a bit of a creeper but is extremely euphoric with bouts of uncontrolled grinning and just nice feeling of wellness and happiness.

4.4: The flower is fuely and piney with the hazy notes in the background. The dry pull is floral, fuel and pine. Tastes very different than her sisters and may have more of the digiberry heritage minus the berry smell. The effect is a hazy head high with heavier feeling in the body than the others but is also the youngest of the group in terms of curing.

Overall these were easy to grow even with some issues I had with my soil not being composted properly resulting in some lock out and ph dips during the grow. About 10 weeks for all but grown right I think plant 3.1 could have gone 11 weeks and shown a side of her not present earlier. I really enjoyed the clear/clean euphoria of plant 3.1. Plant 4.3 was the best of the plants for me and the only one to produce those heady perfumed notes and taste…plus she is very potent. A friend of mine really liked the 4.1 plant and took a cutting to mate to a something he’s growing with blueberry in it. I think these plants would do well for people looking to explore a blue haze type plants and use them in their own projects to shorten longer cultivars. I have f3 seeds from all but the 4.4 plant and will explore that generation once I grow out the group 5,6, and 7 of the f2’s I haven’t gotten to yet.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @Jahaze thanks as always for such a detailed run-down.
Great to hear you are getting energetic,euphoric effects from some of the plants whilst the flowering time is a very respectable 10 weeks.
Interesting that more Digiberry characteristics seem present in the F2s.... the floral taste you describe is from the digi i'm pretty sure and it is a real head turner.. often along with a very sweet edge. I think digi (in the BDB and now the DBH) is about the only line i've experienced where this comes through so strongly in the taste and people tend to find it pretty special. (i think this would probably be more common in any F3's too if the BDB is anything to go by)
I have some DBH 4 that has been in the jar for a couple months now i'm going to dig some out for my first smoke of today !

Latest posts

Latest posts