What's new

Did You Throw Out Your Census Form?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, we are overseas killing a bunch of innocent people on both sides in two illegal wars. That weighs on my mind.

Yeah it's nine questions, but what are we supporting? And when do start standing up and saying something about it?
The country is at war and we care about Tiger Woods, Micheal Jackson, and.... :puke:
Hyperbole doesn't exist when people are dying. Sorry. I have to start somewhere. My Constitutional duty dictates # of people and that's what they are getting.

Last edited:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
So you are taking a stand by not answering the other 8 questions??
I mean... I got tear-gassed protesting the Iraq war, but never made the connection that I shouldn't answer those census questions.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
I disagree.
All I see is spoon fed reactionism with no regard to actual facts.
But thanks for trying to meet me halfway...

_Dude

For starters-
how did your people magically immigrate to this part of North America?

Your question is based on a false premise ("my people" magically immigrated to this part of North America) so it's impossible to answer.

Sort of like me asking you "when did you stop beating your wife?"

One more try, since I'm bored, before I give up on you: WTF are you even talking about?

treewizard

If its covered on CNN it probably won't be of any real value to the American people. We need to wake up and take control. At the end of the day these guys are mostly puppets whose intrests only included out own until we voted for them. People believe in political theory more strongly than religion. Studies show that people are more likely to change religions than political parties. The democrats are a fucking joke. However they seem to be the best guarantee against a religious biggot in office. The bottom line is the way things are going does not work. Both sides of the isle are a joke and want the biggest most inefficient government possible it seems. My issue with social conservatives is that they seem to still want to tell everyone else how they should live their lives. The democrats are not real liberals. They have taken the worst traits that could be deemed liberal and created a party platform on it. Fuck our government. At the end of the day no matter what they have in their favor, they are still the few controlling the many. We have however been devided and conquered.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
To spell it out in simple terms-
you make some sort of value judgment that "settlers" are somehow better than what you refer to as "immigrants".
So are you just saying "I got mine", and everyone else is late to the party?
Where was the line drawn? Who decided which people were "settlers" and which ones were just "immigrants"??

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you are taking a stand by not answering the other 8 questions??
I mean... I got tear-gassed protesting the Iraq war, but never made the connection that I shouldn't answer those census questions.

:good: Respect bro. The anit-war movement is the biggest threat to the Establishment. It always has been. They learned a lot of lessons from Vietnam though.

We are still fighting continuous wars. The media strategy is just more refined for mass consumption now. Finding out why we fight these wars is the key to all this.

There is philosophy behind the grass roots movement. The Tea Party does embody that movement, but not that crap you find on tv.

IE Ron Paul type of thinking, but much more involved than what you get from media outlets. That's the core of the grass roots movement.

The states are the experiments for democracy and the people can move with there feet.

Once the banks and the Military Industrial Complex control everything no one can move anywhere. Centralized power always leads to tyranny. Always, always, always. It's a few thousand assholes and their families deciding what's up.

That's like a small university that no one can get into. Shit happens.

_Dude

Treewizard, honest question since for some reason I still feel like shooting the breeze around here:

Do you honestly believe there IS an American people? If so, can you tell me a bit about them?

_Dude

To spell it out in simple terms-
I'm sure I can handle it as complex as you can make it. As long as you spell it out, which doesn't include "ZOMG where's my 10 foot smiley!"
you make some sort of value judgment that "settlers" are somehow better than what you refer to as "immigrants".
No, that's your spin.
So are you just saying "I got mine", and everyone else is late to the party?
I don't know what this means.
Where was the line drawn? Who decided which people were "settlers" and which ones were just "immigrants"??
Are you seriously asking me that? In the current context, colonizers/settlers come to a place where there is no mechanism for immigration. Immigrants come to a place where there is. Duh.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
"Respect bro. The anit-war movement is the biggest threat to the Establishment. It always has been. They learned a lot of lessons from Vietnam though.

We are still fighting continuous wars. The media strategy is just more refined for mass consumption now. Finding out why we fight these wars is the key to all this.

There is philosophy behind the grass roots movement. The Tea Party does embody that movement, but not that crap you find on tv."

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe that there is some kind of "real" Tea Party movement, and the one that I can see documented all over the Internet and -every- sort of media is not the "real" movement.
If you want to say that you have better beliefs than what is being represented by what must be 1000's of people who DO claim the "tea party" mantle, then I say- good for you- and I mean it-but those idiots are seriously outnumbering you, and I say that with respect...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are supposed to be a country where anyone can come to. We are the country of immigrants. That was supposed to be the great experiment.

The system is set up to exploit them though. Welcome to the Hate Machine.

_Dude

The Tea Party's "fake," but the endless web of federally funded leftist orgs are "real," I suppose? Show me some "real" movements.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"
and I mean it-but those idiots are seriously outnumbering you, and I say that with respect...

I understand that I'm in the minority, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it doesn't make it worth something believing in. Because I don't believe in any of this BS as it stands right now.The philosophy is based on sounds principals of the orginal social experiment.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
I'm sure I can handle it as complex as you can make it. As long as you spell it out, which doesn't include "ZOMG where's my 10 foot smiley!"

No, that's your spin.

I don't know what this means.

Are you seriously asking me that? In the current context, colonizers/settlers come to a place where there is no mechanism for immigration. Immigrants come to a place where there is. Duh.

It's a simple question.
Someone comes to the US.
They come in 2010.
They come in 1980.
They come in 1950.
They come in 1920.
They come in 1880.
They come in 1800.
They come in 1760.

whatever...
tell me where you draw the line-which ones are "settlers" and which ones are invading your country...cause unless your people were born here a thousand years ago, you are just as much an invader as anyone else you want to point a finger at, so you may as well come to terms with it.

_Dude

We are supposed to be a country where anyone can come to.
Says who? Would you like to live in a house where anybody can just walk in any time he likes? Then why would you want to live in a country like that?
We are the country of immigrants.
I'm not an immigrant.
The system is set up to exploit them though. Welcome to the Hate Machine.
It's set up to exploit middle America more than the immigrants. We pay the costs, while the fat cats get the profits.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
I understand that I'm in the minority, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and it doesn't make it worth something believing in. Because I don't believe in any of this BS as it stands right now.The philosophy is based on sounds principals of the orginal social experiment.

Then don't stick up for them!
You are obviously a thoughtful person, and though you and I may not agree on some political points, I really don't feel that you are aligning yourself with what "Tea Party" has come to mean!

Y

Yankee Grower

It's a simple question.
Someone comes to the US.
They come in 2010.
They come in 1980.
They come in 1950.
They come in 1920.
They come in 1880.
They come in 1800.
They come in 1760.

whatever...
tell me where you draw the line-which ones are "settlers" and which ones are invading your country...cause unless your people were born here a thousand years ago, you are just as much an invader as anyone else you want to point a finger at, so you may as well come to terms with it.
Ha ha...very nice! IMO the US was built on the genocide of it's native people and stolen land.

I thought this thread was about census forms? LOL

_Dude

It's a simple question.
Someone comes to the US.
They come in 2010.
They come in 1980.
They come in 1950.
They come in 1920.
They come in 1880.
They come in 1800.
They come in 1760.

whatever...
tell me where you draw the line-which ones are "settlers" and which ones are invading your country...
You have a very c*nty way about you, where you like to put words in people's mouths. Does that really work well for you? I didn't draw a distinction between settlers and invaders, I drew a distinction between settlers and immigrants. And I explained it to you, but you acted like I didn't and asked me the same question, except in a c*ntier way.

I answered you:

Immigrant: someone who shows up to find an immigration office.

Settler: someone who shows up to find unsettled land (unsettled means, in part, no immigration office).

Are you getting it yet?

cause unless your people were born here a thousand years ago, you are just as much an invader as anyone else you want to point a finger at, so you may as well come to terms with it.
Says who? Why does it have to be thousands of years? Because you say so? Well, I say the people who showed up thousands of years ago got here too late. They invaded over the Bering bridge.

I have news for you: except for the small patch of land where Modern Humans first evolved, every inhabited piece of dirt on this planet is home to people who came from somewhere else.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Ha ha...very nice! IMO the US was built on the genocide of it's native people and stolen land.

I thought this thread was about census forms? LOL

No argument there!
That's why the whole idea of bashing so-called "illegal immigrants" is so laughable.

A thread devolving into political bickering...whodathunkit??!!

Latest posts

Latest posts