What's new

DESTROYER on Ice - 250CMH Freezer Grow

Weedninja

Great thread man. You have stealth, scrog, police drama and toy reviews. Now all we need is a smoke report or at least a link to one.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Need a few more days. I kept one stem for air drying but it's still in the bend stage, no snap. The bulk is starting day 5 of it's water cure. EC runoff: day one 1.3, day two 1.1, day three 0.9 and today 0.6.

GaryCares

Man, I have alot of respect for you on this one, the freezer is just amazing, what a great concept! Good luck and mad props!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Weekend Update

69 stems of bud hung to dry
69 stems of bud
Ya' take one down and pass it around
68 stems of bud hung to dry.

What a lovely round number. Had to go buy extra clothes pins. Po' Freezer, gots too much weed.

Hanging in the shower. I extended the ScROG screen to stretch from the rod to the wall. Box fan underneath and a desk fan with rotating grill to the side.

Can't get SuperMacro to use flash. Reg Macro shows all my trichs are right where I left them. Woo hoo!

We be smokin' tomorrow! Come on down! Free jet packs for everyone! (No one showed up for the free Lamborghini's :badday: Maybe they'll show for a jet pack?)

White

You sexy son of a bitch!

that harvest is sexual. And by that I mean awesome. Have fun smokin all that great bud my friend.

Lots of love.

Peace,
White

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Final Tally.

115 grams, or a hair over 4 oz, of well trimmed water cured bud. Seeds that went through the cure are largely cracked open now, I pulled over 200 from stems harvested earlier.

With a water cure, smell and taste are largely gone. No couch lock, cerebral. High is clear (Thunk was a bit opaque) somewhat transient. High can be re-attained, you can smoke all day without a desire to nap but, there's definitely a ceiling. Less introspective, more social than Thunk. Still, pretty mellow, no giggles for me. Thoughtful and allows focus it's OK for work but lacks the racy, bell ringing rush I'm still looking for.

Maybe I need a sabbatical. My old gardens low production forced me to dry out once in a while. I doubt I've gone more than a couple of days weed free in the last year. Still not used to having more weed than I know what to do with. Po Freezer.

And, yes, Virginia, thats a jar of air dried bud. Like I said, I gots too damn much weed. Gotta do something with it.

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Glad you liked the Water Cure Freezer! I did warn in my WC post that water curing seeded bud would cause them to pop :D

FreezerBoy

Veteran
You did indeed. I had a Thunk with nanner seeds I didn't care about and was surprised to have them survive the cure and be viable (they cracked in a wet towel at least). I wasn't going to take chances here and did a bit of pre-harvesting.

B

banjobrain

Wow. First of all - that was awesome. I hope that when my cab is up and running I might be able to achieve a yield similar to yours.

Thanks for your input on my threads. You're a great source of knowledge...enjoy your harvest!!!

C

Cozy Amnesia

Great work bro! I'm impressed. I love sativas, but they're much harder to grow.

I smoked what might be my first bowl of a pure sativa yesterday and ZOOM! It was THUNK, but kind of a sad story - my friend growing it (got it from me) didn't like it and turned 90% of it into canna butter :(.

minds_I

Veteran
Helloall,

FB, whats your conclusions/opinions on CMH since the harvest?

I myself went back to my standard HPS but will likely use the cmh in the summer for the reduced heat.

minds_I

rafe

Are those cat litter containers??? I use them for deep water hydro. Tomatoes hide the smell!!!

Frogger

Hey Quazi. You rock, too. Thanks for stopping by.

Welcome Mr Kush. Apparently 75 days was a mis-remember on my part though not far off. 56-84 days is listed at the site. Still, unbelievably fast for a Sativa. I doubt that's from the Columbian. I wonder if Thais are where the speed comes from?

The Thunk is a wonderful smoke, perfect for intimate settings and good friends. Listening to music or watching movies. Very mellow (perhaps too mellow for use as a party weed. Makes me a little quiet. More willing to listen than engage) no couch lock. You can smoke all day without falling asleep. I'm looking for something more energetic, racy and couch repellant that inspires creativity and production. Thunks don't get in the way of that but, they don't promote it. The closest to something I disliked is the high is a bit thick or opaque rather than clear.

.......... add ..............

D'oh! Colonel, you scared me. Don't sneak up on me like that LOL. Hope you enjoy the show.
i hate couch lock:mad:

Makes me a little quiet...same here i gess were lokking 4 the same weed:yoinks:

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But not in a vest!

But not in a vest!

You are indeed an enigma FB, I will never understand your hatred of flavour :nanana: or your wild water curing ways :yoinks:, but I do admire your skills, quality bud and interesting read. Good luck in your keeper search - this can't be far off, can it?

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro3A-med.jpg