What's new

DESTROYER on Ice - 250CMH Freezer Grow

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
From Page One:

"This grows Contender is Destroyer from CannaBioGen. An ironic name, as being destroyed is the last thing I want. The grower's description is just what I'm looking for and there are threads in the strains forums that concur. Let's find out. With a lightning fast flower period of 75 days, 30 days of veg is recommended. Mid January, 09, will be the earliest possible harvest date."

Turns out the flower period's closer to 90 days (still, not bad for a sat)

FreezerBoy

Veteran
That's the one I got. Your description is perfect. I was thrilled with my $15 RS scope. For $5 more, I got a monitor, digicam, videocam, viewing software, a 32mb thumbdrive and the ability to share photos I couldn't even take before.

Bottom line, unlike X-Ray specs, this really works.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I was not happy with the radio shack scope, its a PITA to use and has more magnification than I need to survey trichs. I use a strong little 1.5" magnifying lens I yanked from a projector in the dumpster. Much easier, I'd recommend a loop or any high magnification (20-30x maybe) little lense.

Sorry you don't like your Radio Shack scope, mine works fine. I rarely use the higher power and stick to the 60x magnifacation. I thought it was worth the $10 it cost.

I remember reading a post by Clowntown on how to make a macro lense for your digi-cam
useing a triple lense jewlers loupe, I haven't been able to find it again useing the advanced search feature. I'll have to pick up a good jewlers loupe and try some experimenting with it to see if I can get it to work.Anybody remember seeing his thread or made one? If so I'd really appreciate a headsup with any info on it!

Thanks Sticky

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Weekend Update- Part Un

It's Harvest night! Free Lamborghini's and all you can smoke for anyone who stops by to help. A proper report will follow. Till then, a shot of the screen untied and hanging, and another of my two top colas (Plant was cropped once for cloning purposes)

Apologies for the lack of thumbnails. The new software has broken that feature in the old galleries. I've maybe a dozen more shots to finish this diary and I'd like to keep the photos all in one place.

35769DS_1-16-9-SideHang1-med.jpg

35769DS_1-16-9-TopColas-med.jpg

Bottom shot's ruler doesn't read well but, they're about 19 inches each. Not the stems, just the colas.

Last edited:
T

TylerDurden

:jump: :smoker: excellent looking bud there FB! Im looking forward to the smoke report and I hope its similar to the kind of high that your looking for. Bravo and excellent grow man. What do you plan on running next now that the freezers gonna be empty? Oh yea and the trichome pics are pretty sick too. Take it easy bro.

Mr. Durden :joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Weekend Update-Part Deux

35769DS_1-17-9-JoScreen-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro0-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro1-med.jpg

One of the Morlocks.

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro2-med.jpg

Normal SideScreen shot isn't very impressive but, untied and hanging ... wowser.

35769DS_1-17-9-SideScreen-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-HangingScreen-med.jpg

Round and round she goes ...

35769DS_1-17-9-UnderScreen-med.jpg

Root shot is a bit of a cheat. The mass was rather flat (the closeup hints at this) rotated 90º it's less than half that wide. It's smaller than I expected given the ropes ripping through my homemade netcup.

35769DS_1-17-9-Roots-med.jpg

13 hours to chop and trim. Stupid me chopped all at once. At first light! Jo was limp and, after laying down, semi pressed. Had to refluff everysingledamnbud to trim.

35769DS_1-17-9-Trimmed-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Trimmed2-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Trimmed3-med.jpg

Post Mortem Macros

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro3-med.jpg

ZOOOOM!

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro3A-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro4-med.jpg

... what's next? :abduct:

Last edited:

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Weekend Update-Part Deux

35769DS_1-17-9-JoScreen-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro0-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro1-med.jpg

One of the Morlocks.

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro2-med.jpg

Normal SideScreen shot isn't very impressive but, untied and hanging ... wowser.

35769DS_1-17-9-SideScreen-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-HangingScreen-med.jpg

Round and round she goes ...

35769DS_1-17-9-UnderScreen-med.jpg

Root shot is a bit of a cheat. The mass was rather flat (the closeup hints at this) rotated 90º it's less than half that wide. It's smaller than I expected given the ropes ripping through my homemade netcup.

35769DS_1-17-9-Roots-med.jpg

13 hours to chop and trim. Stupid me chopped all at once. At first light! Jo was limp and, after laying down, semi pressed. Had to refluff everysingledamnbud to trim.

35769DS_1-17-9-Trimmed-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Trimmed2-med.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Trimmed3-med.jpg

Post Mortem Macros

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro3-med.jpg

ZOOOOM!

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro3A.jpg

35769DS_1-17-9-Macro4.jpg

... what's next? :abduct:

My lord now there are way too many crystals in there. I'll need to inspect that personally ;-)

Incredible!!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
:bow:

awesome stuff FreezerBoy, everything looks deelish! i can see i've not
been payin' close enough attention, a lots happened since i really looked
instead of just lurked, lol. oh well, my loss, lol, i'ma try not to miss so much
in the future.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Have fun with that, show it who's boss lol!
:abduct:

Edit: I wonder, did you see a difference from the lower N you said you would feed?

Last edited:

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Great pictures Freezerboy. I'm rather impressed by your scrog job, nice work.

Latest posts

Latest posts