What's new

deodorant poll

deodorant poll

• I use deodorant that contains Aluminum

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I use deodorant that doesn't contain Aluminum

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • I don't use deodorant at all. Wahooooooooooooooooooo!

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
G

so i stopped using deodorant after discovering how the aluminum in it can possibly be bad for you, after reading around on the internet. aluminum is also toxic to plants, and to fish, etc. it can be a nasty element from what i've read.

anyways, it's nice not having to smear paste in your pits every day.

i may investigate deodorant that doesn't contain aluminum in it, but for now i don't really mind smelling like BO every once a while....because if I were using deodorant the same thing would happen to my sweaty self anyways

random link:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/7/prweb264030.htm
Centerville, PA (PRWEB) July 22, 2005 -- Before you buy your next container of deodorant check the label to see if it contains aluminum says Andrea Garland, a registered nurse at the Sharon, PA Regional Hospital.

According to Ms. Garland most commercial brands of antiperspirants and deodorants contain either aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminum zirconium. These compounds are very soluble and are readily absorbed by the body. Once in the body, the aluminum portion of the molecule ionizes, forming free radical aluminum (Al+++) This passes freely across cell membranes and forms a physical plug, that when dissolved is selectively absorbed by the liver, kidney, brain, cartilage and bone marrow. It is this concentration of aluminum that has been the source for concern in the medical community, and has prompted the research being done on Alzheimer's disease and Breast Cancer victims. The human body has a few areas that it uses to purge toxins: Behind the knees, ears, groin area and armpits. The toxins are purged in the form of perspiration.

Antiperspirant, as the name clearly indicates, prevents you from perspiring, thereby inhibiting the body from purging toxins from below the armpits. These toxins do not magically disappear. Instead the body deposits them in the lymph nodes below the arms since it cannot sweat them out. This causes a high concentration of toxins that leads to cell mutation a.k.a. Cancer. Nearly all Breast Cancer tumors occur in the upper outside quadrant of the breast area. This is where lymph nodes are located.

Your best alternative, according to Tia Coatoam a registered nurse at the Meadville, PA Medical Center, is one of the new “crystal deodorant stones”. These stones are 3 times more effective than commercial deodorants, they are not sticky or greasy and do not stain clothing. The crystal deodorant stone does not contain any aluminum or other harsh chemicals, perfumes, oils, emulsifiers, alcohol or propellants and are hypoallergenic.

Last edited:

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Wolf & I'll use it if we're going to be out in public, but rarely at home. It's not that we have any issues with the ingrediants, we just don't give a shit how eachother smells anymore, we've smelled eachother at our worst, and well, frankly.....It doesn't bother us much.
And in all honesty, I actually find that when Wolf's sweaty & reeking, his natural odor's highly arousing, much more so than if he smells "clean." Must be a pheromone thing...

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
Nikijad4210 said:
Wolf & I'll use it if we're going to be out in public, but rarely at home. It's not that we have any issues with the ingrediants, we just don't give a shit how eachother smells anymore, we've smelled eachother at our worst, and well, frankly.....It doesn't bother us much.
And in all honesty, I actually find that when Wolf's sweaty & reeking, his natural odor's highly arousing, much more so than if he smells "clean." Must be a pheromone thing...

kinda off topic but yea research shows that more commonly what binds people together is not their looks but their scent. And men do release a pheromone type deal that arouses women.

G

Kirby said:
My deodorant doesn't say if it contains Aluminum. So I didn't choose a choice.
is there any "active ingredients" section on the label? or maybe there isn't a label at all?

Nikijad4210

Veteran
robobond said:
kinda off topic but yea research shows that more commonly what binds people together is not their looks but their scent.
Might be too much information, but to be truthful, I kinda like that natural stink of his. :yoinks:
Don't know if he could say the same for my stink, though, I've never asked.

fr33th3w33d

i've heard from plenty of places that deodorant causing cancer is a myth..

besides.. what the fuck doesn't cause cancer these days?

G

yeah - the cancer thing seems to be under debate

for me, knowing about what kind of element Al is and the idea of accumulating it in your body just can't be good enough to warrant me usin it.

it's also interesting that they say sweat glands purge toxins in only a few places, one of those being your armpits, and closing up those glands may trap toxins. :chin: maybe that's wrong, o well. in the end, deodorant doesn't really even work for me anyways. i'm not too sure why i've been using it for all these years!

Last edited:

NPK

I'm concerned about the link between aluminum and Alzheimer's, so I stay away from aluminum-containing deoderants, too. However, not all deoderants contain aluminum. The magic ingredient in an effective deoderant is triclosan: it's an antibacterial that's also commonly found in toothpaste.

I gotta use the stuff or I reek.

G

yeah, interesting point. old spice has triclosan and no aluminum. the next thing my mind goes to is: is suppressing bacteria under your arms a good thing or a bad thing for your body? hmm....i'd consider using a triclosan product...but it seems like all of them have some sort of fragrance...and part of me just doesn't care enough anymore =)

Last edited:
G

&@*&^@^!!!! I just can't win.
Now I gotta stink. Guess I can always do the lemon thing.

G

I use my old lady's deodorant. Makes it easier, so I don't have to buy my own. Usually only use it every other day, as a preventative measure..but I have no idea about aluminum

Nikijad4210 said:
Might be too much information, but to be truthful, I kinda like that natural stink of his. :yoinks:
Don't know if he could say the same for my stink, though, I've never asked.

I'd bet the both of you stink very nicely! :yummy:
Forfingoz

G

my experience with deoderant

my experience with deoderant

back in middle school, i decided i was 'man' enough to start wearing deoderant. not becuase i smelled, but becuase hey, why not.

so after going to the store and getting the anti-perspirant, i started using it..

i soon found out that i would sweat actaully MORE with it... smell even worse when it wore off, etc etc. so i stopped, and i've never worn anti ever again.

in fact, its been probably 10 years since, just wearing regular deoderant, and i don't even sweat in my armpits that much. sure if i'm doing intense physical labor, but actually its not all that bad.

deoderant actually DOES help you eliminate odor from the bacteria/sweat combo...

cuz the last year i did experiment with just showering, and just using water and scrubbing all over, especially my armpits. it seems to actually do the job, and i just stopped wearing deoderant for awhile. but eventually i just started again..now that i think about it i don't know why... but i was actually showerless, and going 2-3 days between "showers".... and you never can smell yourself..lol...

neway, they do have some natural organic type deoderants. when i was living near this orchard, i would just go and pick some white sage, and rub it under my armpits. the oils of the sage are antibacterial, i found out..since it worked!!!

so if u get natural stuff, try to get stuff with sage. some of the natural deoderants do not work AT ALL. i think jason organics might work...but yeah get sage.

thats all i got. hope it helps man. anti-perspirant sucks and why would you want all that heavy metal plugging and going into your bloodstream from your pores

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Actually you can use rubbing alcohol for deodorant. It kills the bacteria that cause odor. Not to sure if I would use it on freshly shaven pits, but then I don't shave my pits.

BTW, Niki, women also give off pheromones. They come from the Glands of Bartholin, located on either side of the vagina.That crotchrot that Wolf smells has a purpose.

Last edited:
G

i've tried rubbing alcohol. it seems to do the trick but i've had to re-apply it 2-3 times a day. and it makes me wonder if im killing any beneficial bacteria on my skin or drying it out too much

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
If you start drinking regular alcohol, you won't give a shit if you stink or not.

Latest posts

Latest posts