What's new

deodorant poll

deodorant poll

• I use deodorant that contains Aluminum

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I use deodorant that doesn't contain Aluminum

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • I don't use deodorant at all. Wahooooooooooooooooooo!

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
G

yeah, people judging you on the fact that you smell a little sucks. that's why it's a little easier if you surround yourself with people who don't care about it. unfortunately society conditions people to think BO is a sign of bad hygiene. i remember kids making fun of the smelly kids back when we were younger. it's funny how that's ingrained in our heads from the beginning. for a lot of kids deodorant is like a right of passage to puberty, haha!

ganja that's some good work you did, ill read it all when i get a chance. thanks

I don't really think I'm understanding this very well. So offensive body odor is NOT a sign of bad hygiene? Everyone with BO that I've smelled, they didn't seem like very clean people in general. Society isn't telling me that I should wear deodorant, I wear deodorant because I sweat a good bit and don't want to smell bad. I am a very thorough washer, but that just isn't enough for me. Maybe it's enough for other people, I dunno. I've just never thought of BO as a good thing.

Last edited:
G

well what im sayin is body odor is natural. i can take a shower in the morning and be smelly 1-2 hours after showering. so this tells me it's natural, not always a sign of bad hygiene

but BO can be a sign of bad hygiene

with regard to society, we are raised with the idea that BO means bad hygiene and that it is offensive. im not necessarily saying you were ingrained with that - you may have developed your ideas independently. but most of society is ingrained with that notion.

it makes me wonder how different things would be if we were taught from childhood that some level of bo is acceptable and natural. instead, we're usually given the idea the any BO at all must be masked or suppressed and that any BO at all means bad hygiene

Last edited:

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Sativa_Fan said:
I don't really think I'm understanding this very well. So body odor is NOT a sign of bad hygiene?
No, it's not a sign of bad hygiene.

A little light reading on the bodily fluid otherwise known as sweat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat
Apocrine sweat glands produce sweat that contains fatty materials. These glands are mainly present in the armpits and around the genital area and their activity is the main cause of sweat odor, due to the bacteria that break down the organic compounds in the sweat from these glands.

G

i've always found that BO smells sorta like some types of weed. even skunky!

green_grow

Veteran
fuck deodorant/anti-perspirant . unnecessary junk . people dont stink, if they did, a gym would be an unbearable place . sweat only stinks when it is allowed to accumulate on clothing, towels, hockey gear, etc.

now breath ... that's a whole different story. many times i have almost collapsed when talking to a garlic-eater . seems to affect men worse ? dont get me wrong, i LOVE garlic, but you gotta brush and floss !

Well everyone has their own scent, mostly dictated by what they eat and their own hormone levels. However, there's definitely a difference between offensive odor and someone that washes well and has a natural scent. I just don't think I could feel comfortable without deodorant though, no way. And the only time I want to smell like skunk is after I've been smoking it :) Which the new stuff I picked up recently so happens to be awfully skunky and piney :-D

Last edited:
G

if your gonna stop using it, donate your deodorant to some local punjabs at the 7/11 or mini mart because i tell ya, that shit reeks..i wouldnt think that kinda funk would turn any women on phew

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts