What's new

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

G

What caught my interest,is the genetic makeup of jauja,which seemed identical to the Congo that Ace offers.Any info on this?

I'm harvesting the Queen mother in a day or two,at about 11.5 weeks from flip.She still got many white pistils,but there are almost zero clear trichomes and about 5 percent amber,so this should be perfect.
Pics on harvest day :tiphat:

mobi50

Hi Syd Barret,
the congo used in the making of the Dreams&Honey (jauja) is not the same as the one from ACE Seeds. I don't know what kind of congo they have as I do not use genetics worked by other seed banks.

G

Hi mobi!Thanks for the info!I didn't know that Dreams and Honey was the new name for Jauja...
Harvested Queen Mother a couple days ago and can't wait to test her!Pics will follow.I also got first lady ,which I will grow with lilly and her majesty in my next run.Cheers!:tiphat:

G

Queen Mother down at about 80 days
wjrxb8t.jpg

YQiouuc.jpg

jOQpTX5.jpg

Xvtrl5u.jpg
CtI9i3U.jpg

Guerilla

Very nice Syd!

I have 8 Queen Mothers I'll be growing outdoors, and I'm thinking of crossing them with some of Chimera's legendary Highland Mexican x Blueberry that I'll also be growing.

Anyone think this will make a good/worthwhile cross?

N

not real geroi

high
little about LILLY...
the description from post 2 is very good, and I must say also that lilly is fast growing plant and in pack of 6 there are 2 which smell already like some fresh tropical pineapple parfume :) when i gave them soil and sun, they are after repot very fast, three weeks and i made 20 cuts from the fastest one (also the one with best smell yet)

thank you very much for that nice price and genes, delicatessen !!!

picture.php

Jhhnn

Veteran
Very nice Syd!

I have 8 Queen Mothers I'll be growing outdoors, and I'm thinking of crossing them with some of Chimera's legendary Highland Mexican x Blueberry that I'll also be growing.

Anyone think this will make a good/worthwhile cross?

Don't see why it wouldn't be. I'd use a QM male if I could, preserve the stable QM line & also cross it out to the F1 HMxBB line.

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bought 4 packs Reina Madre/Queen Mother Regulars late last year, directly from the source, great shipping, great germ rates, BUT every plant turned out male. Don't understand why or how, something about the batch, a breeding stuff up, sheer luck of the barrel, but awfully strange and rather disappointing to get a 100% male turn out, was so looking forward to trying this strain.

billy

Last edited:

mobi50

hi billy, sorry you had such a bad experience. It may seams a silly question, but can you sex plants properly? becouse all male out of four packs brakes all statistics. No way you can get so many male plants out of so many seeds.
anyway, send me your address and I' ll replace some of them. I can't send private messages yet, so you' ll have to contact me
all the best Mario

baduy

Waiting for a smoke report too :-D that girl was a looker
I found a very nice QM individual from my spring harvest of which I have a clone growing guerrilla as I'm typing. This one gives a very intense high for the first ten minutes (intense like you have to drop the joint before it's ended and come back to it after a while) after what the high fades into a nice creative and comfortable high without slowing brain functions. I can't really tell about the duration of the high, maybe 3h max the transition being very smooth as no body load but I can tell you the come down is minimal and leaves you fresh enough if you need to. Looking forward to test the outdoor clone. Not high energy weed nor a day wrecker more like a perfect high for artistic activities that makes you a little cheesy

G

Spectacular work Syd. Some of best photos of Queen Mother I've seen on the web. Very well documented from start to finish. I'm interested to hear your final analysis in the smoke report.

Waiting for a smoke report too :-D that girl was a looker
I found a very nice QM individual from my spring harvest of which I have a clone growing guerrilla as I'm typing. This one gives a very intense high for the first ten minutes (intense like you have to drop the joint before it's ended and come back to it after a while) after what the high fades into a nice creative and comfortable high without slowing brain functions. I can't really tell about the duration of the high, maybe 3h max the transition being very smooth as no body load but I can tell you the come down is minimal and leaves you fresh enough if you need to. Looking forward to test the outdoor clone. Not high energy weed nor a day wrecker more like a perfect high for artistic activities that makes you a little cheesy

Thx guys!My experience is very similar with baduy's.In terms of smell/taste,it is mouthwatering and pretty unique.Very sticky stuff.For the first couple weeks I smoked it mostly as the first joint of the day,functional high and not too strong,also very tasty from the beginning.After the 2 weeks though,she started packing on potency.First comes intense,sometimes racy,much better for outdoors or if you want to do some house work.It may be clear and energising,but can also tie your body down while your head is spinning.In about 20-30 mins the effect mellows out and develops to a more relaxing/pleasurable state.Good weed for smoking with company or for outdoor activities. Wonder how she smokes in a month from now...

PhrYui8.jpg

Thanks to Mario for sharing his work :tiphat:

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi billy, sorry you had such a bad experience. It may seams a silly question, but can you sex plants properly? becouse all male out of four packs brakes all statistics. No way you can get so many male plants out of so many seeds.
anyway, send me your address and I' ll replace some of them. I can't send private messages yet, so you' ll have to contact me
all the best Mario

Hey Mario,

Yep, they were all males for sure, couldn't believe it, been growing since the mid 70's. I was thinking you might have had some very happy customers who got all the females. May have been an extraordinary luck of the barrel thing, not sure what, an environmental thing, a weird genetic thing maybe, not sure but knew of a guy who grew out a whole backyard of weed only to find his entire crop was males, does happen from time to time. :)
Thanks for your kind offer but not sure how to contact you on here, think you may need to clock up 50 posts, anyone?

N

not real geroi

maybe this thinner is zamal influence? looks like thai/haze and similar tropical
picture.php

midsummer

Statistics

Statistics

all the best Mario

Well if you assume that the likelihood of one seed being male is 0.5 and that the likely hood of getting two males from two seeds is 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25 then the likelihood of 40 males from 40 seeds is 0.5 to the 40th power or 1 in 1,099,511,627,776 roughly one in a trillion (1000 billion).

But I do not think that it is a simple probability. Some years ago I wanted to reproduce TIM's Blueberry Sativa so I threw down around 30 seeds to get decent population.

I had 24 grow and 24 females. I know the chances of that are only supposed to be 1 in 17 million- hardly 1 in a million million; but I think it points to there being something in the process that influenced the sexual expression.

Several years ago there were some studies out of Russia showing a higher rate of female expression under certain cultural conditions.

So who knows. Perhaps something in this growers environment influenced the sexual expression of those seeds.

That seems more likely than a random 1 in a trillion occurrence.

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody, :tiphat:

thank you for sharing your experiences, it is nice to see more and more info accumulating on OD in this thread. :good:

Just want to share a picture of small, cured buds and a my general, altough limited, impression of the variety " Alice " by Original Delicatessen Seedbank, which is the same plant as in post #187 of this thread.

Smoked this variety for quite a while, together with some Swiss Strawberry x (Apollo 11 x C99), and I caught myself reaching more frequently to the Alice jar.

Imho the high is a well balanced, more "sativa" leaning, mood enhancer with the ability to increase color perception quite vigorously.
Once ingested, often the first effect noticeable was an increase in color intensity for me, especially at the periphery of the visual field.

This was followed by a warm feeling of well-being and mood elevation, up to real joy about my state of mind.
It eventually leveled out into a nice, soothing body-buzz with maybe a little fogginess to it, but nothing I would call "muddy" or "heavy".

I also harvested this particular plant quite late ( didn't observe the trichomehead-color but went by overall impression of the plant/ color of pistils), so an earlier harvest might produce a more "sativa" leaning experience.

Altogether I think this is a nice variety and also a true delicacy !
The smell was creamy with some kind of freshness to it.
Also sour and fruity notes were well present and the fresh and sour notes did translate well into the taste of the smoke.

From my subjective and limited point of view, Alice is
extraordinary/positively different and I can recommend her as a fast, tasty and not to forget ornamental, mostly "sativa" variety.

Cheers

Attachments

• Alice cured bud 1.jpg
    Alice cured bud 1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Alice cured bud 2.jpg
    Alice cured bud 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 24
N

not real geroi

lilly

with training and compost they are nice bushes ! no preflowers yet. dont like bit higher ec (0,9 mineral grow fert was already a problem) as man can expect
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: