What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deficient plants

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
bro , that must be 100$ a cubic foot soil
And it seems to me its got enough nutes for the next 5 cycles
maybe cut that soil with some promix and perlite 1:1:1 on your next cycle

If you're refering to Gascanastans recipe on the first page of LOS megathread, you've gone a bit off track and added a lot more of some amendments/lime.

I didn't use Gascanastans recipe, I forgot whose recipe I used. What's wrong with adding lime?

mahps

Hi, do u test ph? From the photos that u have posted probably this problem should depends on nitrogen and potassium deficiency.
I recommend you some fertilizers, but i don't know if you can find these things in your country, anyway
for nitrogen deficiency you should buy one of these:

synthesis

Atami A + B
Atami P-K 13-14
Biomagno bloom
CELLMAX bloom

organic
Ata organics bloom
Biomagno 100% flowering

for potessium deficiency:
wood ash, for fast absorption
macerated algae, absorbing medium
granite dust, slow absorption
potassium sulphate, magnesium chloride and potassium chloride are absorption medium
The leaves will not recover but the plant will show vigorous again after 4 or 5 days of administration of nutrients to fast action.

Ciao
:smoweed:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What amendments would you guys remove from my soil mix?

I didn't use Gascanastans recipe, I forgot whose recipe I used. What's wrong with adding lime?

Proportions. 1-2 tblsp per gallon or 1/2 - 1c per cubic foot on average. You've got around 2 1/2c (dolomite, oyster, biochar), more of a rate for raw sphagnum. Would be curious to know substrate pH and whether some of the acidic amendments toned down the liming effect. It's an easy test if you have a meter or strips. Some will say pH in organic mixes doesn't matter, but that only holds true if everything is in proportion.

Epsom salt and all the guano would be the first things I would drop, while halving the kelp and fish products.

Bearing in mind I run closer to Verdant Green and CC with a less nutrient dense mix.

Granger2

Veteran
Less is more. Hot mix. Probably all kinds of reactions are going on and will be for awhile. First, one thing gets locked up or is in excess, and then another. Yeah, no more Epsom, and drop the guanos. If you need more later, you can topdress. The N in bat guano is mostly quick release and leaches/flushes easily cuzza the urine. Good luck. -granger

bigshrimp

Veteran
Yeah i see a really hot mix - very high in Ca and P. I think the epsom salts were probably a good idea you are likely a bit deficient in Mg. I would hold off with them going further in flower though.

This is going to be funny... I'd say give them a good leaching (haha) with some clean water, you will probably see some dark tea colored water come out of the bottom. This is built up waste substances from plants growing and soil reactions.

There are likely plenty of nutrients in your soil they are just not able to be used. If they dont green up after a few days give them and all around feeding. After that i would watch them and use light feedings of something like biobloom to help them finish.

Or if you have a ACT brewer ignore all that and just ACT them, though in situations like this ACT can make available alot of nutrients quickly.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leeching? I don't understand. Ohhh, the word that can not be said.

Say it three times in front of a mirror. Wierd things start to happen.

Proportions. 1-2 tblsp per gallon or 1/2 - 1c per cubic foot on average. You've got around 2 1/2c (dolomite, oyster, biochar), more of a rate for raw sphagnum. Would be curious to know substrate pH and whether some of the acidic amendments toned down the liming effect. It's an easy test if you have a meter or strips. Some will say pH in organic mixes doesn't matter, but that only holds true if everything is in proportion.

Epsom salt and all the guano would be the first things I would drop, while halving the kelp and fish products.

Bearing in mind I run closer to Verdant Green and CC with a less nutrient dense mix.
I see. Alright, I'll drop all that on my next soil mix.

What do their soil mixes contain?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see. Alright, I'll drop all that on my next soil mix.

What do their soil mixes contain?

CC standard mix is 1:1:1 peat:compost/castings:aeration, with 1c lime mix (1:1:2 dolomite:gypsum:eek:yster shell flour) per CF and 1-2c of a blend of neem, kelp and crab meal per CF. 4c per CF of glacial rock dust or the like.

CrazyComposer (not sure where I got VG from) runs similar but without the meals. His mix should be somewhere here, or search his profile. Light nutrition in the medium with specific and periodic top dresssings.

Gas's mix on the first page of the original LOS thread works well from what I understand. It is similar to yours but a bit more balanced and intended to be recycled. If you have the ingredients already it would be worth mixing some up.