What's new

Deezy gets conVerted 3k sealed vert blumat coco stadium

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
well after seeing what everyone has been doin with these crazy vert setups I decided it was time to jump on the bandwagon.

I'm currently ripping out the old horizontal setup from the room and getting ready for the build, the room will be approx 7'x10'x8'tall I'll be using:
2- 50lb co2 tanks w/regulators
co2 ppm meter
3- 1k hortilux's powered by standard mag ballasts
3- 8" cooltubes
8" inline fan for lights
10k btu converted window a/c
smart pots ranging from 3 gal to 10 gal (13 total)
some fans for the floor
insulated 8" ducting
small bot dechlorinator
B'cuzz coco

H&G- aquaflakes base nutes
-multizen
-bud xl
-top booster
-great white
-drip clean
GH - diamond nectar
-rapid start(a much cheaper alternative to h&g roots excel)
Agricultural Organics(Yellow Bottle) - FINAL bloom
Botanicare - silica blast

plants get the 6/9 rezipe for veg and are switched to my custom h&g feed schedule at the time of flip.

this run will consist of:

1-"Og organic" chem D in 10gals
1-Ecsd in 10gals
1-Chem 4 in 5gals
1-Fire og in 5 gals
1-Snodawg in 5gals
1-Lemon Larry in 5 gals
1-Sfv Og in 5 gals
1-Franks mango haze in 5 gals
1-Pre95 sensi star in 3 gals
1-Kk's Jack herer in 3 gals
1-Og 18 "the goo cut" in 3 gals
1-Raspberry Kush in 3gals

I'm working with some Killer Chem x Legend Og seeds gifted by a very talented and generous member, more than likely I'll wait until next run to flower em out but I might toss in some tester clones to sex them and get a sneak peak at what they'll be capable of. thanks again bro!

Im hoping to have construction finished by the end of the week although I'm a bit lost and have a serious case of growers block goin on. I'll try to take some pics of construction and plans to keep the thread rollin until its running at full swing. anyways thanks for stopping in and please drop as many tips on this conVerted newb as possible ;)

Last edited:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey welcome to Vert land.....looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

astartes

You'll never go back whadeez. Can't wait to see how you can make this room hum. I've been doing vert coco for 4 years now and am still kicking myself for not switching over sooner.

a.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got my seat right here, gonna keep it warm too.

we all need to see you magic hands at work bro, :):)

cheers.
red.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
construction is going well, I've been on it pretty much from the moment i wake up in the morning to late into the night(tuesday was the exception, it was my bday so the fam took me to the la natural history museum didn't get anything done in the room that day) . I have all of the lights hung and ducted, the a/c is now hanging from my ceiling, all i really have to do now is make some shelves and a 1x2" dividing wall to section off the 10x7 area. I will work on getting some pics up for sure, this room is lookin like something outta a spaceship lol thanks to all my friends old and new for stoppin in to see what iv'e been up to...the next time i post there will be some pics to accompany it. but i guess i can start with showing what the room used to look like it was 4k with 2 stationary lights in the center of the room and another 1k on a mover along each side of the stationary lights

BEFORE-----
picture.php

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
well sorry bout the delay everyone, construction has had me pretty busy and work decided to start picking up around the same time so ive been a bit busy, today is 8 days of 12/12 and construction is done except the trellis and blumats, wish me luck! any suggestions from the vert pros are greatly accepted and
appreciated.

oh yeah my camera died in the middle of taking pics so they arent the best but i really figured the thread needed some kind of action.

first off the entrance to the room, I'm planning on moving my veg into the back of this little corridor and tying into the bud room to give the veg a co2 boost, i'll have all my rez's and nutes and whatnot on in here also and try to keep a bit organized.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

also please dont pay too much attention to the mess, it'll get cleaned up soon ;)

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say lose those tubes but knowing how hot its going to get where ya at,
i think its the best option avail,
cant wait to see how they're going to turn out
looking good, whadeez :):)

cheers,

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
thanks red, theres no way i could get by without the tubes in summer it's a totally different beast on this side of the mountains but once winter comes around it's on, depending on what kind of results I end up with anyways.after an embarrassing yield on my previous run (maybe 3-1/4 from 4k...ouch) I'm really in need of a nice haul, although that was more grower related than anything I've had my hands full since the new addition to the fam and whatnot.

also I've got a nice custom a/c filter thing i made up to keep the dust out of my tubes, i just re-used the Styrofoam that the tubes were packaged in and build a box around them with filters from the de pot, that things DIRTY after being hooked up for just over a week, all i can say is im glad i made the filter lol

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
the solenoid on my co2 regulator has been getting stuck I'm pretty sure I have the pressure from the tank set too high(around 20-25psi) for it to close? the ball is floating right @ 1.5 which I'm sure is where i was keeping it last summer although I completely forget what I had to set the regulator off of the tank to, any help would be greatly appreciated

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
craaaazy

thats a nice room! and a lot of strains! are you looking for keepers or whats?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yup looking for keepers/ replacements, some of these strains have been in regular rotation in my garden for over 2 years, a few of the ones im running are new to my garden but all are from legit sources. I really just enjoy the variety, and although everyone talks up increased yield by monocropping im willing to sacrifice a bit of the final weight to have a nice selection, i get waayy too bored smoking the same thing for 3 months at a time. new to my garden are:

sfv Og----seen it smoked it loved it
lemon larry----seen pics of this one but thats it
jack herer----i have no idea bout this one other than it came from a legit source
sensi star----seen it smoked it loved it
raspberry kush----seen it smoked it loved it, a lot like lvpk but can yield more & isnt a ho
goo's Og----seen it smoked it loved it, my homie spent alot of time and effort findin this 1
mango haze----seen it smoked it loved it straight head smoke hoping to rotate it through the homies gardens so i can run it once a year or so, cocktails favorite ;)

I'm just trying to keep some of them around just long enough to hit em with the killer chem x legend og pollen and start reworking some of my keepers.

Last edited:

five_put

Looks great, can't wait to see those later in flower..

I have a question about bulb spacing when you have them vertical in a stadium. I read Northern Farmers thread, and he had 4 1000W in a 10' long space. So that means that he couldn't have had them much more than 2' apart I guess.

How far apart are your bulbs roughly?.. I know the general rule of thumb for horizontal gardens is that a 1000W has a 4x4 footprint. Do people generally keep them closer together when they run them vertical in a stadium?. .. many thanks for any info you can give

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
my bulbs are 3 ft from the wall on either side and 24" apart on center, it's the only way I could have fit them I'm noticing a bit of light bleaching but i was expecting that after moving them from under a year and a half old 400w mh into the mega-brite blinding of this new setup

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
2ft between lights is about standard i think

SelfHemployed used 2kw in a 8ft stadium , that is the lowest wattage i would use IMO

your setup looks spot on, mixed spectrum and all