What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Congo-Richard Williams

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Where do I start? I grew two of these seeds out under a 400 hps in coco with PureBlend Pro. Got one female that was flowered for 9.5 weeks. The photos make the buds look greener than they do in person. When I look at them they look mostly purple and orange. The trich coverage which is heavy,extends down the length of the bud leaves. The trim should yield well in bags since it is so frosty.When these buds are ground up I smell a sagey mixture of moss and a lemon cleaner with funk.Its not fruity and lemon cleaner funk is just the best description I can find right now.
The smell carries over very well to the taste. the joint leaves a thick earthy and sagey taste on your tongue,that will be there for a while.The first hits off a joint will cause an immediate warm pounding sensation in the back of your head.The high is great, I can focus and perform tasks but be blasted at the same time. I would say it is a good mix of cerebral high and body relaxation that lasts for a while.Also,the smell this leaves in a room is not like any of my other strains.Very unique to me.
I think that covers most of it. This is a potent,easy growing strain that is a new keeper here.It has it all taste,potency and yield. I can't wait to make F2's,I'm sure there are some awesome pheno's waiting to be discovered.

EDIT: My smoke report above does not even begin to describe the complex aroma of Deep Congo. The spicy, musky, sagey fuelish scent has become one of my all-time favorites and the high is incredible. This goes for all of the four different females I've flowered. Subtle differences but all awesome.
Check out the next page for pics of the other plants.

Carbon

Blasted but still able to focus. Perfect! Is Richard Williams the name of the breeder? If not who was the breeder and were can you find the seeds? Thanks

tripples

carbon i think there is still a few packs at the bay.. been there for awhile.. get them while you can.. check under private breeders.. and yes RW is the breeder..

Looks great Lean Green..I think its got some deep chunk in there guess thats where the funky pinesol like scent comes from...Glad to hear your making F2's of this great strain :rasta:

R

richardwilliams

deep congo

deep congo

the funky smells and tastes primarily come from the congo side of the cross
good luck with the f2's lean!
cheers, richard

G

Cool.....

Looks like it was grown well and the bud
pics show a finished product i never seen!
Great job on it,Richard you mite wanna take
his pic for your seed pack pics!!!!

G

Beautiful work Richard Williams and good growing Lean.
I've grown out the Congo and the Deep Chunk and that looks like a beautiful combination of both. If the flavors and high are likewise it should really be a treat. Probably some real gems in the F2's
Good luck, Irie, Bud

eskimo

Veteran
Budular said:
Beautiful work Richard Williams and good growing Lean.
I've grown out the Congo and the Deep Chunk and that looks like a beautiful combination of both. If the flavors and high are likewise it should really be a treat. Probably some real gems in the F2's
Good luck, Irie, Bud

i would bet on it !!!wonderfull there Lean and looking forward to see what you will find in the F2

wishes from here :wave:

Slowmo

Starting a batch of these babies tomorrow, now i'm even more excited than before :)

I have ofc read richards tread, but just stumbled over this one today. Sounds like very nice smoke. GZ Lean, and good job Richard

Like Lean i will be making seeds for some nice f2's.

Last edited:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did I mention I love this herb? It's so delicious that I don't share it with guests.
I have a new camera coming so, I will put up some better pic's of the buds.

Ancient Mystic

Good golly those are thick, lean. :rasta: That's just obscene. :laughing: Nice review. I haven't seen any of RW's crosses since the OG days when Tom Hill first released Deep Chunk.

peace and compassion
AM

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few more pictures for this thread. There are some subtle differences between the Deep Congo's I've grown but once you've tried it, you would instantly be able to identify the smell and taste as Deep Congo. For instance, the plants below where not as fuelish smelling as the first plant I grew.The plant I made F2's with smelled a lot like the first Deep Congo I grew.I'll call these 1 &2
#1 This one is very frosty.

jochen_45

Veteran
The Deep Congo looks so good that i have to put it
on my list of plants that i must grow. :YaRight:
The fotos are wonderful, thanks for sharing,
jochen_45

Latest posts

Latest posts