What's new

DeadWood

Buddle

Veteran
It was more likely a female clone that selfed itself.Female clones that are allowed to go beyond maturity will often throw a bean or two and they are always female.In my experience anyway..it is also the same method Soma used to make female beans.

I am noticing they are a bit different from each other...they are flowering now so i should know soon...one definitely has more off a spg smell but neither smell very obtusely.

Grizz

Veteran
I am noticing they are a bit different from each other...they are flowering now so i should know soon...one definitely has more off a spg smell but neither smell very obtusely.
joly dont get me wrong , you may end up with something as good as the origanal deadwood or a completly differnt looking , smelling plant, chances are it will be good regardless, just when you take cuts and pass them to someone mark them deadwood s1 #1 or # 2 if you took cuts.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Katsu Bub x reversed SPG? Dayuuuum! i need to track this cut down.
Great pics everyone.

Buddle

Veteran
joly dont get me wrong , you may end up with something as good as the origanal deadwood or a completly differnt looking , smelling plant, chances are it will be good regardless, just when you take cuts and pass them to someone mark them deadwood s1 #1 or # 2 if you took cuts.

Thank you for bringing this up Josey. I think everyone should have access to good genetics, but with it comes responsibility.I have noticed, especially since the server fund etc, that a lot of people are pollenating elite clones. Unfortunately they sometimes become the victim of mishandling or miscommunication etc and are passed off as the elite..This makes it more and more difficult to know what you really have. Good luck with your S1's..

Lifebreather

Veteran
Thank you for bringing this up Josey. I think everyone should have access to good genetics, but with it comes responsibility.I have noticed, especially since the server fund etc, that a lot of people are pollenating elite clones. Unfortunately they sometimes become the victim of mishandling or miscommunication etc and are passed off as the elite..This makes it more and more difficult to know what you really have. Good luck with your S1's..

QFT.

Pulled a Deadwood down a couple days ago. Color changed very nicely, every Autumn hue is in there. Pinks, oranges, reds, purples.

This is the exotic smoke of choice for most of my friends, the taste and smell are out of this world.

Buds are very large and round, easily pull a qp off an 18" tall plant at flip. I do, however, top her...no doubt drawing the ire of the breeder who is against it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• newdw1.jpg
    newdw1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 14
  • newdw2.jpg
    newdw2.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 16
  • newdw3.jpg
    newdw3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 15
  • newdw4.jpg
    newdw4.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 15

Cabron

Veteran
Great Job at growing her out Lifebreather....You have your shit together friend.
Yep she is a yielder....
My bro was getting 2lbs per 1kw in soil with around 24 stuffed under that hood
flowered at 18".

I will say I highly doubt that she is in N Mi sorry buddy
and one thing I will say with a certainty ,,,,she will not hermie...
so there are no S1 seeds of her in Bags.

She's a clone only and will stay that way.

It's getting harder and harder to find old Indicas today that have
her stature,,,very akin to original NL phenos.

I feel the SPG genetics are certainly from carefully selected afghani
lines and the Katsu Bubba is an old world Pakistani again from a carefully
selected line.

Back in 01 we had the Katsu cut to pass around friends
The pre 98 name was never even heard of back then and it leads me
to believe it is simply an S1 from The Katsu cut that somebody circulated
later.

I'll take the Katsu over the 98 any day...

Deadwood....
She's a nice breath of fresh air today amongst all the same old same old
out there...Og Chem and all their crosses ..

Nothing smells like this gal...

It's still a challenge to describe what she smells like ....but it's unique
you'll never forget it.

Keep passin her around friends.....

Take care amigos...

Attachments

• imgp87431.jpg
    imgp87431.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP2162-2.jpg
    IMGP2162-2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14

Lifebreather

Veteran
Cab, thanks for the ups. I will continue to pass her throughout my med community.

I got some dry shots from this last round. She smokes up pretty heavy, especially since I nailed her this round, pardon the ego.
I tried to get the best shots I could, my camera goes out of focus unless I toggle the macro on/off until it decides to focus (don't have time for manual focus). I didn't have a lot of time because this sample needed to be smoked (slept like a rock last night).

Also, even though the jar lid says JO3, it is not Jackie O #3--just used the jar to get closer to the light. The arrow up meant that the jar held more than 1 oz...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8116.jpg
    IMG_8116.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8114.jpg
    IMG_8114.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8112.jpg
    IMG_8112.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8108.jpg
    IMG_8108.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8107.jpg
    IMG_8107.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8120.jpg
    IMG_8120.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 20

Cabron

Veteran
LB Your Nug Photography is just priceless...
Major Props on your skill and your photography...

all my best....

Grizz

Veteran
QFT.

Pulled a Deadwood down a couple days ago. Color changed very nicely, every Autumn hue is in there. Pinks, oranges, reds, purples.

This is the exotic smoke of choice for most of my friends, the taste and smell are out of this world.

Buds are very large and round, easily pull a qp off an 18" tall plant at flip. I do, however, top her...no doubt drawing the ire of the breeder who is against it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

got to say PERFECTION. WOULDENT KICK HER OUT OF MY BED FOR SURE.

Killacash

You know what sucks? When you live in a city with an abysmal med community that doesnt share. I would love to see how this does in a 13k vertical KBS (remember those?) Garage grow. Michigan blows. Beautiful plant tho!

Grizz

Veteran
You know what sucks? When you live in a city with an abysmal med community that doesnt share. I would love to see how this does in a 13k vertical KBS (remember those?) Garage grow. Michigan blows. Beautiful plant tho!
it takes time bro, people just dont trust everybody, settle in and befriend people, what goes around comes around, good or bad, you reap what you sow

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Oregon is also blessed with Roman's creation

This plant is like no other I've seen, it's on roids. Big fat nugs on giant stems. The grapefruit smell is a perfect mix with the kushy funk. This is medicine at the finest level.

Thanks Roman, wherever you are

Lifebreather

Veteran
Oregon is also blessed with Roman's creation

This plant is like no other I've seen, it's on roids. Big fat nugs on giant stems. The grapefruit smell is a perfect mix with the kushy funk. This is medicine at the finest level.

Thanks Roman, wherever you are

Damn right! I just finished a really good round of bubba for the first time, and Deadwood has three times the flavor. My friends call it "Jager" (short for Jagermeister) because that's how it tastes on exhale. The flavor just explodes in your mouth...

Of course, the smell is amazing...but its the tastiest thing I've ever grown.

edit: oh, and no stems bend or break during growth, EVER. Despite the baseball bat buds growing on them...sturdy as an oak...