What's new

Deadliest catch

JamesB0ng

Me heart goes out to the sons for the lose of their Father and for the Oldest son who has to deal with the father's legacy, the business and his younger brother addicted to narcotics.

Captain Phil will be Missed.

JamesB0ng

Hold On 1Dank! Josh had said on the Teli he was in seattle to sign papers for a multi million dollar loan to pay the crew and when asked if he would be back next season his reply was * come hell or high water Hell Ya * so in respect to Captain Phil we must keep his Legacy going and support his 2 sons who have BIG SHOES to fill.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
every.....show....is...the..same...thing
and I've had it up to HERE with them trying to canonize Phil Harris. between puffs on his death sticks he managed to wheeze out orders to deckhands, nothing to be proud of in my book. he didn't try to take care of himself and he paid the price.

he had a job that was dangerous & was well paid for it. coal miners have just as dangerous a job & are NEVER compensated in the measure that these guys are.

Green lung

Veteran
That truck driver show has to be the worse on T.V.

They can make going around a corner dramatic as hell lol.

I got nothing against truck drivers but come on a truck driving t.v show...........driving a truck

what the hell does have to do with history anyways

Yeah. The truck driver one is even worse.

History channel sucks so badly it is mind boggling. I thought it was bad when 24/7 theyd do Hitler shows...now it's on a whole new level.

Ive been watching TV lately the last few days...I honestly think it has hit an all time low! Some of the stuff just makes my face contort with amazement..it is SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you society! Friggin morons! =D

nooooooooo haha I can't watch that show bc it pisses me off so much, seeing through their marketing ploys to stretch it out and to try to win over their viewers with their obviously exaggerated drama....oh god i just wanna scream at the tv even when i see the ads! lol! to each their own though..

herbwarts

I'll miss Phil he was just 2 years older then I am. Rest in peace my friend I'll see you at the big party in the sky.

Green lung

Veteran
Yeah. The truck driver one is even worse.

History channel sucks so badly it is mind boggling. I thought it was bad when 24/7 theyd do Hitler shows...now it's on a whole new level.

Ive been watching TV lately the last few days...I honestly think it has hit an all time low! Some of the stuff just makes my face contort with amazement..it is SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you society! Friggin morons! =D

Pretty sad isn't it I'm 27 and I remember when they actually showed history on the history channel. You could actually learn something.

There has been this trend lately with trying to make blue collar workers into some sort of American hero or something. There definetly is a market for it though. There are alot "blue collar" folks who feel they aren't appreciated and what not.

I don't like to see the TV fads that come in waves, I first realized it when Who Wants to be a Millionaire came on, then everyone else hopped on board to spew their reality crap.

Then I realized how the History channel and others take advantage of current movies and movie trends in the mainstream and link their shows to whatever happens to be being currently watched in theaters.

Now it's this blue collar worker crap that started with Dirty Jobs

It's all a bunch of BS and one can see through their marketing like nothing. Asses, no originality, no creativity, nothing with value, just a bunch of braindead BS like trucker shows and deadliest catch that never changes from episode to episode aside from the weak storyline of drama.

Remember when TLC stood for the learning channel, and actually had some interesting stuff? Now look at it. Same with Discovery channel, it's all sucha joke.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice to see real humans on tv for a change!
phil was a cool cat
That he was

Meh... Still one of my favs and I can't wait to get home and watch!
Its a good one,had me in tears

Ahahaha ! I watch Ice Road Truckers! I never said I watched quality tv :laughing:
I like that show

I'll miss Phil he was just 2 years older then I am. Rest in peace my friend I'll see you at the big party in the sky.
Yes R.I.P Phill

A big ups to Jonathon for being there for them again
And good on Jake for taking the right steps but wrong timing

You could just tell Phill was not right when he said "wheres my gold"..."wheres my lucky necklace"..."can you bring it Josh"
I knew then he wasn't right...and then the call from the doctor..."you need to get back a.s.a.p we are trying everything"...from there on i was in tears
Then you see Josh making the phone call to Jake..."i dont know how to tell you this but we lost Dad"

Sad episode
:ying:Peace and Karma Phill

Balance

Deadliest Catch was only good in the first season. That was the last year for "Derby" fishing when you had to beat the clock in order to make money. Quota fishing is as fun as watching paint dry, or watching truckers get stuck in ice.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I think it is still a good show.Guess it probably depends on what you into.I havent seen this last show about Phil yet.I will make sure I do though.