What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darwin's Micro Grow - White Widow

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Sweet this is where your at bro, cool I'll be pulling up a seat with the pipe and a cold one. The White Widow looks healthy, if it was me I would fill that screen 1/2 to 3/4 the way filled up with more veg then flip, you'd get a bigger harvest, but that's just my 2 cents. Looking forward to the rest of ya show mate :biggrin:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey b00m nice to see you mate! yeah i would've done that but this girl's a mate's, he's overseas but wants to come home to her half way through flowering so i had to do it this week. he's not too phased about a huge harvest as long as it's an ounce or so to get him by for a bit after he gets home he'll be happy, hopefully the flip gets her to stretch a lot and it fills out the mesh a bit more. i also think i'll transplant it into a big low/flat dish or container so it can grow a bigger root mass and get more nutes etc. hopefully it turns out ok! :D hope you have a sweet weekend mate

darwin

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Sounds like a plan good on ya for looking after ya mate, bigger root space is always good :biggrin:

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
very cool bro darwin..
i can't wait for try one like this also me mate, i like grow only one plant in very small space and get a delicious for sure!!!

Hey! Props on a great lookin grow bro

I have been thinking about doing similar setup, but I was curious about the dimensions of your cabinet. I was going to start building one, and was curious about yours.

Looking good man, I'll be sure to keep track o this one.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey mate, i think the dimensions are about 1.5ft by 1.5ft by 2ft ish, it's my mate's cabinet and he made it himself so i'm not 100% sure on the exact dimensions, but if you need me to be really specific i can get more info on it and send you it if you like. thanks for stopping by :D

darwin

K

kidkannabis

Love the fat leaves on that healthy plant. You got alot of screen to fill that will result in a superb harvest.Best of luck and keep it up darwin!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
here's a pic of 1 week and a day into flowering. she's filling out really nicely, i'll probably keep weaving her through the screen for another week then just let her go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SNC009541.jpg
    SNC009541.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 18

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
11 days into flowering, thought i'd get rid of some of the big leaves covering the budding tips so there's better light penetration and they grow better. so she looks like she's had her dress ripped off, but will fill out again soon i bet. took some close ups of the young flowers too :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SNC009681.jpg
    SNC009681.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SNC009801.jpg
    SNC009801.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 15
  • SNC009841.jpg
    SNC009841.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11

Penguin59

Hey Darwin great flowering pics! Can u put some pics up of how it looks under the screen? I wanna see how you weaved her under the wire and such, cheers.

Penguin

Hey DarwinsBD, What do you use to fasten the plant to the screen? Or is it just growing up into the screen and you thread it through or something? Anyways lookin good man :tiphat:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey mr. reefer, the latter of what you just said is exactly what i've done. initially i tied the plant bent over so the light would better reach the grow tips on the lower stem, with increased light they grew bigger and once they were as high as the main grow tip i put that mesh over the top. i let it grow through it and separated the stems outwards as far out to the sides of the mesh as possible then as they grew to 3-4 inches above the mesh i weaved them back through. pretty quickly they turn up again and grow back through the mesh. at the second week of flower i will stop weaving and just let them go. :D hope that helps buddy

Great explantation, it actually answered another question of mine as well, if I am reading it right...I was always confused about the first step before it gets to the screen....So basically you lst the main stem so it's horizontal which will create multiple cola sites coming off that main stem and that's what is getting threaded through. Sound about right, or am I still missing something?

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Great explantation, it actually answered another question of mine as well, if I am reading it right...I was always confused about the first step before it gets to the screen....So basically you lst the main stem so it's horizontal which will create multiple cola sites coming off that main stem and that's what is getting threaded through. Sound about right, or am I still missing something?

haha nah mate you're not missing anything, dead on :D i was really surprised how quickly the shoots off the main stem grow once it's LST'ed, it's a pretty good technique!