What's new

Darwin's First Breeding Project

Darwin's First Breeding Project

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah i'm excited too mate, thanks for all your help today! couldn't have done it all without ya :D i can't wait either hehe

I

igrohydro

Yeh Darwin, nice work on flipping them. You've vegged the plants long enough so there should be a fuckload of calyxes ready to receive pollen now :) I can't wait to see which ones end up being males, should be a good show.

Penguin
Word plenty indeed,lookin real nice D.
Have a great day!:tiphat:

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hello darwin,

:good:

fait attention par contre tu doit être un peu trop haut en engrais!!!légère brulure en azote là!!!

good crop l'amis

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ah merci mon ami, recentment j'ai utilisé moins d'engrais, j'espere qu'ils vont etre bons. the higher level leaves aren't burning at all at the tips, so i think it's passed, fingers crossed. mais merci bcp pour ca mon ami.

DUGG

how these doing bro? time for some more pics yet? (sorry dont know how to say all that in french!) hahhaa

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
haha :p yeah i put some up yesterday but the quality was too good and you could see my finger prints lol so i took them down. i'll take some more tonight mate :D they're 5 days into flowering currently, i think i can start to see some males.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hehe yeah forgive me guys, i don't often get to speak it and i've a few french friends here which allow me to indulge myself :D i'll try and get some new pics up tonight :D

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
here's a picture update guys, 6 days or so into flowering

two pics below of my fav pheno so far
picture.php

picture.php

the beginning of balls?? male?
picture.php

another nice pheno
picture.php

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey puffin, nice to see you mate :D hehe yeah there's going to be pollen flying everywhere out of the wahzooo haha should be interesting :D

Penguin59

Omg i can't wait to see which ones end up being male! I had my guesses on a few but will be interesting to see. Beautiful pheno Darwin, nice, fat indica leaves in that last pic you posted.

Penguin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
just thought i'd add a pic or two of the root systems these guys have, looking pretty healthy :D

i've got hydroton at the bottom of each bottle/pot so that excess water pools, the holes are 1" off the very bottom. this way water doesn't leak out of the bottles, it's used up over time eventually by the plant. also allows those bottom roots to breath easy if overwatered. many people don't recommend using these sort of things at the bottom of pots for plants but i think they're a great idea, i over watered these mazar (well watered them as much as my other plants, when they didn't need it) and they showed no sign of wilting at all even though they had been over watered, i knew so because i used a soil moisture meter which showed it was very wet. anyway obviously the roots at the bottom were still able to breathe sufficiently very every plant. so it's worked well.

picture.php

picture.php

DUGG

Hi Darwin i use this same setup with all my soil grows works great stops the soil getting soggy at the bottom of the pot ... nice healthy lookn roots there mate.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Hi Darwin i use this same setup with all my soil grows works great stops the soil getting soggy at the bottom of the pot ... nice healthy lookn roots there mate.

hey DUGG, yeah you're definitely right mate, it's worked well. i've had people tell me and friends that it does nothing, but i see only benefits. i'll be using it for everything from now on as i like to over water a little then not water them for a few days, instead of need to water them a little everyday.