What's new

Darwin's First Breeding Project

Darwin's First Breeding Project

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
fixed the lights up today and the plants all look fine so hopefully they won't be too set back by the timer breakdown. number 11 threw 2 male flowers on its lowest branches so i ripped them off before they could drop any pollen (not that it would matter as i'll harvest before any selfed-seeds could mature).

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
salut darwin,

si la 11 à fait des sexes mâle ,ne la garde pas et les seeds non plus;)

tu as pas encore récolté?

salut mon ami :D c'est pas grave avec 11, c'etait seulement 1-2 fleurs mâles a la base d'elle. pour moi il est plus important de preserver tous les genes dans cette repro. apres je vais faire bcp de selection pour creer les IBLs ensuite je ne vais pas les garder. de toute facon je peux garder les grains de chaque female separees si à l'avenir je décide de l'éviter. et non j'ai pas encore recolté malheureusement, j'ai parler avec ishence et je lui ai montré les photos des calices et il m'a dit a attendre une autre semaine avant les recolter. aujourdhui j'ai pris une graine d'une des females laquelle avez eu une calice ouvert et il etait brun et mouchete alors c'est pres :D je pense que je vais les laisser a dimanche et j'espere que d'ici la, ils sont prets :D

for everyone else. jahgreenlabel asked if i'd harvested yet and suggested not keeping the seeds from 11 because she had a few male flowers at the bottom of the plant late in flowering. i'm probably a week from harvest, still waiting for the seeds to go brown and calyxes to open up more. and i'll be keeping the seeds for 11 but separate as i want to keep all the genes good and bad for now. and i can select out hermies later on when creating IBLs :D i'll probably be harvesting in a week or so if the seeds are ready : hehe fingers crossed!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
will do mate, they're getting close, first few seeds are turning brown now. nah haven't tried any yet mate, dying to though!

igrowone

Veteran
some of the other mazar freebie grows spoke of a sativa pheno, which ripened slowly and had some sativa effect
not sure if it was the slow ripening which gave some growers an edgier high from less mature plants
so very curious what you get

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
haha soz mate, haven't been able to take any recently. and they hadn't changed at all the only diff was the maturity of the seeds. now they've been harvested and are drying. should be ready in a few days to start taking seeds out and curing whatever bud i have left. i might use it for cooking if it's no good for smoking. weren't a great deal of trichome coverage considering how heavily seeded they were.

igrowone

Veteran
bit disappointing on the tric density, but you could try some hash making
there were positive results by others with these mazars
great to hear that you got a nice seed crop, which was the goal

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah, one thing i learned and definitely recommend to others doing the same thing in the future, firstly don't fully seed your plants (use more plants less seeded if needs be) - so you have bud/more trichs on the final product to try. and secondly, don't pollinate for a long period of time like i did (3 weeks open pol) it meant that seeds were starting to fall while others still had 3 weeks left to mature. in future i will be pollinating maybe on two occasions in a single week so that they all finish up at the same time. this also means seeds will get more energy from the parents if there are less, and develop into bigger healthier seeds faster. that's my 2c anyway. :D

igrowone

Veteran
you did do something fairly interesting here, simulated outdoor environment, pollinated freely with a bit of selection
it was quite an investment in time/resources