What's new

Darwin's First Breeding Project

Darwin's First Breeding Project

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
UPDATE : thought i'd take some detailed photos of each of the girls and let you guys discuss which ones were your favourite. i'm going to take seeds from 3 of them for my IBL i hope to start off. it's semi-selection i guess because i open pollinated with the boys this round, but part of the reason i did that too was because i didn't want to do any serious selection until F1s had been made which would have a much more varied amount of traits in the offspring. anyway i'm yet to really examine the photos closely to see which ones are my favs, i think 9 is pretty good from what i remember while taking pics. anyway thought it'd be nice to include you in the whole breeding process here as i'm still learning as well and hadn't seen many threads that incorporated this sort of detail. :D all the best

darwin

edit: the ruler behind the plants is 40cm long, or about 1.33ft

this one has been a weird plant, it topped itself naturally (as did the trifoliate male) and also after 4-5 weeks flowering now it's show almost NO pistils...! thing's going to take a year to finish by the looks of it. i also have a male that is similar in that it has only just started producing balls 4 weeks in. i won't be choosing this one for the IBL.

E

elmanito

picture.php

I would go for this one.:blowbubbles:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hehe cheers elmanito, what's your reason for choosing that one though if i may ask? i'm gonna pick 3 in the end, are there any other 2 that you like :D cheers mate

E

elmanito

hehe cheers elmanito, what's your reason for choosing that one though if i may ask? i'm gonna pick 3 in the end, are there any other 2 that you like :D cheers mate

The structure of the leaves, the plant itself in the container size you've chosen for this.If you look to the plants in the same container size they're more stretched.How is the fragrance of the one i choose???

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
The structure of the leaves, the plant itself in the container size you've chosen for this.If you look to the plants in the same container size they're more stretched.How is the fragrance of the one i choose???

hehe i hadn't actually thought about examining them from that angle you've a good eye my friend! what's funny is there are 2 different sized pots, 1 kind is that that number 5 is in, 1.25L soda bottle, and the others are 3L juice bottles, however they're all the same depth. i've noticed no significant height differences though between the pots, so obviously the taproot and the available depth of the soil has an affect on the potential height of each plant, as opposed to soil volume and width of the pots.

this is my fav, vigour wise and structure. #9
picture.php

igrowone

Veteran
interesting pic that Namaste pointed out, curious if that is a bit of nute burn
i have noticed from other logs that this strain is not too keen on rich soil
i would like to try one the mis seeds i have after my current grow, but it may be tough for me dial in, no landrace experience indoors yet

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
1,6,8,9 are the ones id be using :)

I really like the look of number 3 though dont count her out though she might be a later bloomer but an early finisher :) she also might suprise you in the flavour and stone depaertment :)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
interesting pic that Namaste pointed out, curious if that is a bit of nute burn
i have noticed from other logs that this strain is not too keen on rich soil
i would like to try one the mis seeds i have after my current grow, but it may be tough for me dial in, no landrace experience indoors yet

no time like the present to get started mate :D this is my first grow too landrace wise, and yeah it's burnt haha live and learn i guess, i have nutes in the soil, and stopped giving them nute water more than 2 weeks ago because they were a little burnt too, anyway they healed so i thought i'd give them a single drink each of the nute mix i feed everything else (superthrive, seasol, black strap molasses) and yeah they weren't too keen on that meal apparently so just back to water again and a little pot ash for extra P.

igrowone

Veteran
no time like the present to get started mate :D this is my first grow too landrace wise, and yeah it's burnt haha live and learn i guess, i have nutes in the soil, and stopped giving them nute water more than 2 weeks ago because they were a little burnt too, anyway they healed so i thought i'd give them a single drink each of the nute mix i feed everything else (superthrive, seasol, black strap molasses) and yeah they weren't too keen on that meal apparently so just back to water again and a little pot ash for extra P.

i'd love to have more plants growing, but it's much safer where i am to keep things on small scale, maybe there will be change soon in NY
thanks for the feeding experience, that will help when i do try this landrace

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
1,6,8,9 are the ones id be using :)

I really like the look of number 3 though dont count her out though she might be a later bloomer but an early finisher :) she also might suprise you in the flavour and stone depaertment :)

yeah i'll finish here off most likely unless she takes heaps more time than the others.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude, just read the whole thread from start to finish. I am really impressed you are doing a fine job and actually working to preserve this line with good techniques, much love & good karma to you my brother! Please consider me in line for some of these if and when they ever end up on seedbay hopefully! :respect: :canabis:

Awesome grow show mate! :rtfo:

DUGG

Hey Darwin lookn good mate that #9 looks like the best pick ... nice and healthy good structure and look at those leaves angling up to catch the light that looks like vigor in a photo to me! ... keep up the good work

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks are not always everything, you can't judge a book by it's cover! ;)

But yeah the #9 plant does look nice. :biggrin: