Pagan Extremist
Veteran
RShvEqI.jpg

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking Great Duck !!! :tiphat:

Haven't seen a bad pheno from this cross yet !!! had one that was a shitty yielder , but was still as frosty as a January morning :biggrin:

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was enough seeds donated and passed around that if there's any bad phenos they will show up. While looking them over and looking at the original beans there was mostly 2 different seed sizes and from the 1nz I know that got popped they seem to make just 2 phenos of each maybe a 3rd it didn't live long enough to tell for sure lol. The beans Dan got were the biggest of the first batch I had out of 30. He only got 5 seeds and found basically 3 keepers including the male.

Duck_Doi

Haha thank you Seaf0ur :biggrin:

Looking Great Duck !!!

Haven't seen a bad pheno from this cross yet !!! had one that was a shitty yielder , but was still as frosty as a January morning

Thank you Dan :biggrin: I'm getting the vibe this is one of those crosses were just about all of the offspring is gold :bigeye:

There was enough seeds donated and passed around that if there's any bad phenos they will show up. While looking them over and looking at the original beans there was mostly 2 different seed sizes and from the 1nz I know that got popped they seem to make just 2 phenos of each maybe a 3rd it didn't live long enough to tell for sure lol. The beans Dan got were the biggest of the first batch I had out of 30. He only got 5 seeds and found basically 3 keepers including the male.

So Darlin's Net has a GG dom/DMT hyrbid pheno and a DMT dom pheno?

looks GREAT duck

Thank you PF :biggrin:

crazy how that bares resemblance to bodhi's instant karma (bubba x rez sour d ibl)

I wonder if it's a coincidence or some Sour Diesel traits showed up? :chin:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally Posted by Cannavore View Post
crazy how that bares resemblance to bodhi's instant karma (bubba x rez sour d ibl)

I wonder if it's a coincidence or some Sour Diesel traits showed up?

with Chemsis & chocolate diesel in the GG4 heritage ..... i'm not surprised .

Cannavore

Veteran
tbh i was thinking more along the lines of the supposed link between bubba and sour bubble. but yeah i have no clue really, just visual resemblance especially in the leaf shape and curl on that DN #2 :D

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder how Sour Dubb x DMT will look.

I haven't seen anyone do it documented anywhere but I am going to do a sour dubb x sour bubble project, i been lookin ha. In my mind it works out to an outcross for additional traits and vigor then bxed back into the original line with a full sib cross of one of the bx versions to double up the genes gained from the diesel outcross so they breed true to some extent... Tom Hill would tell me my waste my time with the male ha!, Hammers selfing project would be a faster way to go, I keep encouraging him to self his s1, not backcross it to dubb in fem form but actually reverse his s1 onto itself,,, hopin he does one day, I'd love to see em. s2 are way more homozygous and would be very very nice to outcross for supreme F1's...

Never found the real "sour" sour bubble pheno I wanted and imagined since before I even ran her ha! Found plenty of other nice things in sour b but not the killer sour...

On a side note if anyone is down for a selfing project let me know. I want to find a partner to make like a s3 or s4 of their favorite mom and I would too then cross em together for supreme F1's... When you inbreed for a more homozygous plant they become excellent candidates for outcrossing. That is why Sour Bubble crosses are bad ass across the board. Bogs inbreeding. It is no wonder with the couple more inbred gens dude did to make "dmt" it outcrosses even better. Sour Bubble is one of the few really inbred lines we can buy off the shelf.

Same deal with my original sour bubble male, beans from PK's selected sour b mom, inbred more by me... all of the outcrosses were excellent in their own right.

The bigger picture is this is why- a fine example of why we should inbreed before out-crossing, not just one-off our clone onlys!

Duck_Doi

I haven't seen anyone do it documented anywhere but I am going to do a sour dubb x sour bubble project, i been lookin ha. In my mind it works out to an outcross for additional traits and vigor then bxed back into the original line with a full sib cross of one of the bx versions to double up the genes gained from the diesel outcross so they breed true to some extent... Tom Hill would tell me my waste my time with the male ha!, Hammers selfing project would be a faster way to go, I keep encouraging him to self his s1, not backcross it to dubb in fem form but actually reverse his s1 onto itself,,, hopin he does one day, I'd love to see em. s2 are way more homozygous and would be very very nice to outcross for supreme F1's...

Never found the real "sour" sour bubble pheno I wanted and imagined since before I even ran her ha! Found plenty of other nice things in sour b but not the killer sour...

On a side note if anyone is down for a selfing project let me know. I want to find a partner to make like a s3 or s4 of their favorite mom and I would too then cross em together for supreme F1's... When you inbreed for a more homozygous plant they become excellent candidates for outcrossing. That is why Sour Bubble crosses are bad ass across the board. Bogs inbreeding. It is no wonder with the couple more inbred gens dude did to make "dmt" it outcrosses even better. Sour Bubble is one of the few really inbred lines we can buy off the shelf.

Same deal with my original sour bubble male, beans from PK's selected sour b mom, inbred more by me... all of the outcrosses were excellent in their own right.

The bigger picture is this is why- a fine example of why we should inbreed before out-crossing, not just one-off our clone onlys!

So what you'll be doing is taking Sour Dubb x Sour Bubble to create a F1. Then taking that F1 x Sour Bubble making a BX. Then cross the offspring of the BX?

How come Sour Dubb x Sour Bubble or DMT isn't a BX, cause it's not the same Sour Bubble Bog used? Sorry if I don't understand, I'm still learning :)

If Hammer doesn't make a S2, couldn't someone else? :biggrin:

I'm down for the Selfing Project :headbange

I agree with you about the inbreeding before outcrossing, but how would I inbreed a clone only strain? Chemdawg #4 for example.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You inbreed it by selfing. it is the most efficient way to make homozygous gene pairs.
Self the plant, pop a bunch of the s1 then pick your winner and self that to itself not the original cut. By s3,,, s4 you done as much work as a shitload of filials ha! Let me know if you get something done along these lines, we can collaborate for sure! Not to say your results will mirror the original cut because they wont be exact but the traits from the original cut will now be in true breeding form. From 2 inbred lines widely crossed we can derive supreme F1's. Probably a year or twos work on the side. Little faster if you start with a s1 ha!

Ya know technically they say bx when you use the same plant. In the case I mentioned it is similar because you are back crossing into the same gene pool and we know the sour bubble gene pool to be stable. If you go back into a gene pool that is not stable you will not get so good of results but because sour bubble is so inbred already we know we will get alot of homozygous gene pairs. (Thats what makes true breeding traits)

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it just me or did anyone else want/imagine sour b to be way more sour at first?

Still love sour b tho! I'm gonna flower my cut soon so I can finally get a taste, just need to work out details with my guy... I ditched the partners now lookin to rent space ha!

Put me down for some of those s2's if ya pass any out Hammer or let me know if ya drop em somewhere ha!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
You inbreed it by selfing. it is the most efficient way to make homozygous gene pairs.
Self the plant, pop a bunch of the s1 then pick your winner and self that to itself not the original cut. By s3,,, s4 you done as much work as a shitload of filials ha! Let me know if you get something done along these lines, we can collaborate for sure! Not to say your results will mirror the original cut because they wont be exact but the traits from the original cut will now be in true breeding form. From 2 inbred lines widely crossed we can derive supreme F1's. Probably a year or twos work on the side. Little faster if you start with a s1 ha!

Ya know technically they say bx when you use the same plant. In the case I mentioned it is similar because you are back crossing into the same gene pool and we know the sour bubble gene pool to be stable. If you go back into a gene pool that is not stable you will not get so good of results but because sour bubble is so inbred already we know we will get alot of homozygous gene pairs. (Thats what makes true breeding traits)

Hey Tony, how many S1's do you pop to find your winners this way in each generation? what do you consider a winner, better than mom, or close?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
However many it takes! The "winner" will be the one you consider to have the best traits out of each line ie what you liked out of the original mom. It is possible in later generations to need to pop more due to defect I suppose. For anyone from a small time closet grower to a big time guy however many you can pop is better of course but you are still making more homozygous gene pairs than one offing clone onlies! So the work adds up. Hell you might find a stunning example of the traits you are looking for easy or hard. If you focus on a few traits instead of alot it is easier. Identical or better is what you are looking for. That way as you go along in just a few generations you will have her breeding true. Of course more is better but when you are using math on your side like this you are at an advantage from everyone else to begin with.

Supreme F1 progeny made from two different lines worked this way should be nearly identical due to the near perfect heterozygosity.

1 selfed generaion is equal to several filial generations mathematically. In a year or two and several selfed generations you could do some great work with 80-90% of the offpsring being homozygous. Selection is key obviously. Thats idk maybe a decade of filial breeding? Some shit... ha!

Then go one off her to hell if ya want ha!

JVault

I know from the testing i have done for OJD and have experienced it myself with having Fem lines goes full blown male. That Male that came from the Fem line still bred fine with no intersexual traits shown during the life cycle.

@ Tony: so what is your view if that was to happen to selfing a clone only strain. Im good with all of the breeder terminology and understand Mendel's Law but not sure as to what this would technically be in a situation like the one above.

Just my 2 cents

JV

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My view is test test test. I am not opposed to "fem" breeding at all, it is a great tool and the most efficient way to homozygosity. If people dont test then dont be surprised if you get herms but you can't knock selfing because of intersex like some people try to do. I've mentoned before selfed male will produce 25% female.

Some have mentioned before the possibility of xxy chromosomes and the like, entirely possible...

Latest posts

Latest posts