What's new

DaPurps Closet Grow

i like that u run a similar medium to me, i to am looking forward to seeing what u reap on your new light (600/1000hps), i would suggest u get a 400 mh and keep your presnt 400hps, best of both worlds n your buds will come out extra frosty from the u.v light of the metal halide, check htg garden supply online, u can get a new 4 hundo for 114$ i beleive, something to think about as hps bulbs make low leaf fat nugs but compared to mh's they dont have the resin outpoot. its all good. I would also give some consideration to eliminating your containers n makeing a bed , infinite lateral root growth and higher yeilds, u could raise it up and inch and and on an angle and have drainage holes to the front to catch the run off, just a way to maximize every square inch of available root space and keep things easy, keep it k.i.s.s, best of luck.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey man i get the same to 3 of mine new baby , first time i see some like this i don't no why happen , anyway i'll be watching tha progress..OTHER LOOK SO GOOD..good job Lol!!

DaPurps

i like that u run a similar medium to me, i to am looking forward to seeing what u reap on your new light (600/1000hps), i would suggest u get a 400 mh and keep your presnt 400hps, best of both worlds n your buds will come out extra frosty from the u.v light of the metal halide, check htg garden supply online, u can get a new 4 hundo for 114$ i beleive, something to think about as hps bulbs make low leaf fat nugs but compared to mh's they dont have the resin outpoot. its all good. I would also give some consideration to eliminating your containers n makeing a bed , infinite lateral root growth and higher yeilds, u could raise it up and inch and and on an angle and have drainage holes to the front to catch the run off, just a way to maximize every square inch of available root space and keep things easy, keep it k.i.s.s, best of luck.

Pretty sure I will get it Saturday and im excited, even though im almost halfway through this round. Im gonna get a 1000 and run it by itself and see where my temps are, HPS. If temps are good i might run the 400 hundred but prob not. I will keep it for a veg light at a later date.

Not going huge here. With the 1000 I might bring it down to just a few trees. I'm only growing for personal and almost keeping up with just the 400 and newb grow skills.

thanks Killerweed. First time I had this happen also. Survival of the fittest ! Timing might work out so I can sneak a few of these, or clones from them outside this spring :ying:

sounds good, they will try to sell u a fancy hps that puts out more blue light at the grow shop, a bulb that will cost 125 to replace, i would skip theese, they put out max lumens in green then yellow, orange, red, with a little blue. just get a standard hps bulb that has its lumens were u want them and add a few 22 watt 6400 k cfls to your 1000 set up, trust me blue light makes a differance, your 1000 should really have u yeilding some serious dubbage.

DaPurps

Here are a few of them I pulled out :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This one is just getting started in flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I lost 1 more Haze/Skunk baby, so I have 5 left that are strong. And the ICE lady still chugging along.

you need to start lst'ing your plants, at one foot from a 1000bulb your getting 10000 lumens per sqaure foot, at 2ft 2500 lumens per sqaure foot, with them plants strecthing so much your lower buds are getting weak light n gonna yeild u much more larf that can be eliminated if u just tie down the branches as they grow.

DaPurps

Yup this was a quick 12/12 from seed run. No topping or LST'ing its all good bro. And it's only been a 400w

I did the deed and dissappeared for a few hours. Not only did I upgrade the light, but my Nutes.

picture.php

And, it's fucking bright in a 3x2. When i get time i will expand a little.

DaPurps

Oookaaaay. So i'm going to need an inline fan to exhaust the hood now, lol.

Recomendations anyone ? 6inch hood, looking to add a scrubber down the line so decent CFM

With the hood up 12inches from the tops, the tops are at 85F. So i need to bring that down now.

a 3 by 2 space and a thousand, welcome to baseball bat size buds so long as u can cool the fucker, i realize you were runnin a 4 hundo , give lst some thought, all it involves is some string n a peice of tape, u dont gotta go bat shit n build a cage or place a fence over your pots. cant wait to see how bright your space gets with that new thousand. miracle grow bangers, luv em.:tiphat:

DaPurps

I'll get a handle on getting it cooled, will just take a min to dial in on the temps. No problem :) We can do this.

I def like to LST I just skipped all that this round. Look at my avatar, last run it topped, LST'ed, you name it. Im just new to growing so giving all the methods a shot.

T

Tarus Bulbar

What up DaPurps!!
Thats alot of wattage for ur little space,so
I think your goin to wanna invest in a solid
exaust fan around 400cfm. Are you running
any type of inline cooling to ur grow room?

DaPurps

Yes, I got a Sun Systems catalog from the hydro shop and it has everything. I will probably just order an inline fan from them, I don't want to make that drive again anytime soon.

I have 2 wall mounted osc fans and 1 on the floor bringing in cool air. The ceiling is 9ft and the actual closet is much bigger, so it is able to absorb some heat. I need to come down a few degrees but not a ton. My temps are hot in the winter because a wood stove is 1 room over. In summer with a/c i will be better off.

Also, I plan to expand the footprint out a foot or so maybe even out to 4x3

Thanks for droppin in

DaPurps

Thanks.

The first full 12hrs is done with the 1k and everything survived, haha. Lights on, super bright:

picture.php

This plant was not yellowed at all before I got the 1k. So in 1 day it bleached... and it's 16inches from the glass

picture.php

I fed her with the Maxibloom, I wish I had gotten the Maxi sooner. A few of my plants needed it.

DaPurps

Thanks for dropping by :)

5 of the Haze/Skunk#1 Mix survived and all look the same so far:

picture.php

picture.php

Edit: I should add that I have the flower area temps down to under 80 now. An inline fan will still be the next upgrade though.

DaPurps

I took over the whole closet.

picture.php

Now I need more plants, haha. Got lots of room now, so next run will be huge in comparison to anything I have pulled off so far. Just going to finish this one out with what I have. I want to let this Ice girl get big in veg and let the Haze/Skunk beans grow also. I might try a scrog net next round with bigger plants.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Now your workn a nice sized space!!
Im very interested in watchn those
Mix Haze/Skunk#1 plants,as I also
have a couple packs of them.
Im thinkn you could drop the temps
down quite a bit with a nice exaust fan
Cheers bro

DaPurps

Thanks for dropping by Greenadian. An inline fan to exhaust this hood is next on the list :) I priced one out for about $180 6in inline from a catalog I have.

The bigger flower area and bigger light were a trade off I had with my lady. I keep all my growing to the closet now. So I am back to 1 grow area. I will still pull out the 1 Ice and 5 Skunkman plants to keep them in VEG before lights out. They will probably only get a desk lamp for a few hours in the evenings after they come from the closet though.

I'd like to set up a small veg tent in the closet too, but that's just more money to save up haha.

Latest posts

Latest posts