What's new

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

5Decades

Can be . When I say s1 one I mean reversering a female plant to be male and useing that pollen to pollentante it self .

Sorry for poor spelling . I am better with numbers lol .

ok, yeah i guess that's what happened to my skunk plant around '93
the power went out and screwed up my light schedule, the female plant grew a male flower on one side and it popped the pollen and seeded up one side of the plant.
I grew a few dozen of the seeds in '99 and 2000 and they either looked like the dark green skunk(original plant) or a lighter taller version which i thought was strange, but both were skunk still

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The selection amount needed would be insane . If I had space I would do it .

I have seeds from a cross thunk x White Rhino Afghan T stock, very promising results.

The most recent plant straight up frankincense.

Limited space, but I got time.

Miraculous Meds

I wonder if anyone has crossed the Ancestral Skunk with a Landrace Afghani yet? Could be interesting. :chin:

The selection amount needed woul be insane . If I had space I would do it .
I may end up with lots of space for large populations in the near future. Hope to get the skunk project rolling in a big way.
Nevil already did the Super Skunk (afg-t x sk1). Ever heard of it.:wave:
89 SS on deck next round for open pollination f5's, along with tossing in a couple of elites like ecsd, 96 sour kush, death star bc, and a few other stinky cuts i have.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
I wonder if anyone has crossed the Ancestral Skunk with a Landrace Afghani yet? Could be interesting. :chin:

I have Ancestral Skunk and also several different kinds of true landrace Afghani's
Maybe I make this cross one day.

I also have a cross between Ancestral Skunk and the Mexican landrace Sanilla de Sinaloa. But I haven't grown out the progeny yet.

Dankwolf

Got 13 regular lucky dog seeds hunza valley 91 . Thinking a ansestrial skunk cross is in order ?

hunza valley 91 =Skelly HP x Chemdog Bx3

Or hit with a ansestrial skunk x ogkb 2.0 male ?
Will probably hit it with both if possible .

Also plan to use a male from hunza vally 91 to hit my cotton candy , ansestrial skunk x ogkb2.0 and the ansestrial skunk x death star .

Should be a fun run coming up . Have some serious seeds ak47 x gg4 that will be with run . So it will get some pollen as well

Dankwolf

Will try to do a complete list of what's about to go down soon as I have it 100% figured . This should be a fairly epic stank wise . Need to have it planed out right .

Dankwolf

Bump!

I know your fiery passion for the stank is inextinguishable.

hoping you could grace us with an update sir!
:prettyplease:

Super slammed with work and outdoor season . Soon as I get my girls in full time potters I will update project .

Hint as far as genetics that I am working are
South mtf x ansestrial skunk f1
Ogkb 2.0 x ansestrial skunk f2
Chem 91 skunk va x skilly hash plant
Cotton candy x ansestrial skunk f1 run
the cure x all my skunky males 😁 most won't get why 🤫😂

​​​​​just need time . I am not going to say it's right till it is right 💯. Getting there slowly like it should be .
​​​​

Dankwolf

Still running a lot of seed . Got some golden ticket that has some serious skunk underlining . Just have to find the right male to bring it out . It’s all a vary slow process .

Mithridate

I got a question... hypothetical y'know..

Would you consider using a male if he had the stank but threw pistils around week 5 ?

not just a couple up top, hermie looking freak, and I use male lightly here

Dankwolf

I will give even a herm a chance . Problem is at that point you will need to see what he/she brought to table with out affecting your other plants .
In my experience some of my best projects started with plants that were not stable sex wise .
honestly there are many strains out there that are considered one of a kind that were completely Unintended. Gg4 being a currently known strain .

all my top 5 strains were sensitive to herm . So what does that mean ? I don’t know lol

I have thought this over and over . I have no conclusive evidence why they all had this in common. I have Theories but no facts as of yet .

troutman

Seed Whore
I can't stand hermie plants. I don't want to breed with them and mess up future grows.
If your just a bud grower you can pinch off the bananas. But as a breeder, I would avoid
using them if I were you.

Dankwolf

Quality , loud smell , flavor , yield ,low Maintenance and bag Appeal all come before a pant that produces a seed a ounce . Just my opinion . I don’t mind the seed here or there . Now if your getting 1 seed a 1/8 then there is a problem.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Quality , loud smell , flavor , yield ,low Maintenance and bag Appeal all come before a pant that produces a seed a ounce . Just my opinion . I don’t mind the seed here or there . Now if your getting 1 seed a 1/8 then there is a problem.

You have mad skills and I admire the fact your go to is lightly hermie prone, You mention deathstar, what is your opinion of that cultivar