What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

5Decades

Can be . When I say s1 one I mean reversering a female plant to be male and useing that pollen to pollentante it self .

Sorry for poor spelling . I am better with numbers lol .

ok, yeah i guess that's what happened to my skunk plant around '93
the power went out and screwed up my light schedule, the female plant grew a male flower on one side and it popped the pollen and seeded up one side of the plant.
I grew a few dozen of the seeds in '99 and 2000 and they either looked like the dark green skunk(original plant) or a lighter taller version which i thought was strange, but both were skunk still

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The selection amount needed would be insane . If I had space I would do it .

I have seeds from a cross thunk x White Rhino Afghan T stock, very promising results.

The most recent plant straight up frankincense.

Limited space, but I got time.

Miraculous Meds

I wonder if anyone has crossed the Ancestral Skunk with a Landrace Afghani yet? Could be interesting. :chin:

The selection amount needed woul be insane . If I had space I would do it .
I may end up with lots of space for large populations in the near future. Hope to get the skunk project rolling in a big way.
Nevil already did the Super Skunk (afg-t x sk1). Ever heard of it.:wave:
89 SS on deck next round for open pollination f5's, along with tossing in a couple of elites like ecsd, 96 sour kush, death star bc, and a few other stinky cuts i have.

Cvh

Supermod
I wonder if anyone has crossed the Ancestral Skunk with a Landrace Afghani yet? Could be interesting. :chin:

I have Ancestral Skunk and also several different kinds of true landrace Afghani's
Maybe I make this cross one day.

I also have a cross between Ancestral Skunk and the Mexican landrace Sanilla de Sinaloa. But I haven't grown out the progeny yet.

Dankwolf

Got 13 regular lucky dog seeds hunza valley 91 . Thinking a ansestrial skunk cross is in order ?

hunza valley 91 =Skelly HP x Chemdog Bx3

Or hit with a ansestrial skunk x ogkb 2.0 male ?
Will probably hit it with both if possible .

Also plan to use a male from hunza vally 91 to hit my cotton candy , ansestrial skunk x ogkb2.0 and the ansestrial skunk x death star .

Should be a fun run coming up . Have some serious seeds ak47 x gg4 that will be with run . So it will get some pollen as well

Dankwolf

Will try to do a complete list of what's about to go down soon as I have it 100% figured . This should be a fairly epic stank wise . Need to have it planed out right .

Dankwolf

Bump!

I know your fiery passion for the stank is inextinguishable.

hoping you could grace us with an update sir!
:prettyplease:

Super slammed with work and outdoor season . Soon as I get my girls in full time potters I will update project .

Hint as far as genetics that I am working are
South mtf x ansestrial skunk f1
Ogkb 2.0 x ansestrial skunk f2
Chem 91 skunk va x skilly hash plant
Cotton candy x ansestrial skunk f1 run
the cure x all my skunky males 😁 most won't get why 🤫😂

​​​​​just need time . I am not going to say it's right till it is right 💯. Getting there slowly like it should be .
​​​​

Dankwolf

Still running a lot of seed . Got some golden ticket that has some serious skunk underlining . Just have to find the right male to bring it out . It’s all a vary slow process .

Mithridate

I got a question... hypothetical y'know..

Would you consider using a male if he had the stank but threw pistils around week 5 ?

not just a couple up top, hermie looking freak, and I use male lightly here

Dankwolf

I will give even a herm a chance . Problem is at that point you will need to see what he/she brought to table with out affecting your other plants .
In my experience some of my best projects started with plants that were not stable sex wise .
honestly there are many strains out there that are considered one of a kind that were completely Unintended. Gg4 being a currently known strain .

all my top 5 strains were sensitive to herm . So what does that mean ? I don’t know lol

I have thought this over and over . I have no conclusive evidence why they all had this in common. I have Theories but no facts as of yet .

troutman

Seed Whore
I can't stand hermie plants. I don't want to breed with them and mess up future grows.
If your just a bud grower you can pinch off the bananas. But as a breeder, I would avoid
using them if I were you.

Dankwolf

Quality , loud smell , flavor , yield ,low Maintenance and bag Appeal all come before a pant that produces a seed a ounce . Just my opinion . I don’t mind the seed here or there . Now if your getting 1 seed a 1/8 then there is a problem.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Quality , loud smell , flavor , yield ,low Maintenance and bag Appeal all come before a pant that produces a seed a ounce . Just my opinion . I don’t mind the seed here or there . Now if your getting 1 seed a 1/8 then there is a problem.

You have mad skills and I admire the fact your go to is lightly hermie prone, You mention deathstar, what is your opinion of that cultivar