What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

5Decades

maybe you read my post wrong, i meant Skunk usually came from bikers. and most people back then called it monkey paw or skunk meaning the same weed

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
yeah, always doesn't mean the same as usually does it? no biggie, but don't deny you said always :D

And whenever back then is, we grew skunk starting in 1981, and it didn't always have seed in it either.

5Decades

they said it ALWAYS came from bikers ...or people in the biker world

different people called it skunk or monkey paw (meaning what all these people call roadkill skunk) a term i have only recently heard in the past few years.
THEY and Me remember it almost always having seeds in it.. but it's been a long time
that was where i got seeds to grow SKUNK BUD..
my point being in that the seeds changed the smell
and that they called the same kind of skunk smelling weed "skunk" or Monkey Paw" and that it meant the same weed..
the reason i posted this was in the hopes that it might lead to finding it, not arguing

maybe you bought it from a hippie that got it from bikers?

but i would never trust a "hippie" they were rich kids

Dankwolf

they said it ALWAYS came from bikers ...or people in the biker world

different people called it skunk or monkey paw (meaning what all these people call roadkill skunk) a term i have only recently heard in the past few years.
THEY and Me remember it almost always having seeds in it.. but it's been a long time
that was where i got seeds to grow SKUNK BUD..
my point being in that the seeds changed the smell
and that they called the same kind of skunk smelling weed "skunk" or Monkey Paw" and that it meant the same weed..
the reason i posted this was in the hopes that it might lead to finding it, not arguing

maybe you bought it from a hippie that got it from bikers?

but i would never trust a "hippie" they were rich kids

Ok so don't take offence . Your view / aspect is helpful . But where it came from is mute .it's about where she is . So let's play nice and understand we all have different experiences with the girl we are looking for . For me it was a non biker crew . Does not mean some one else did not have her . So let's get back to point . Bring her back , recreate her , give out your version ?

I am will never give up . I apologize life has been rough lately . I am doing my best to get my projects back on track

Dankwolf

yeah, always doesn't mean the same as usually does it? no biggie, but don't deny you said always :D

And whenever back then is, we grew skunk starting in 1981, and it didn't always have seed in it either.

81 says something . So the true skunk out of Vancouver was skunk 9 mm take that how you want. Rumore is the sknunk 9 was crossed (she hermed ) and hit of a striat affie . The seed from that is my lime green rks . Word is the skunk 9 was a Mr nice haze / skunk of selection . The afgahan on other hand was bought out by crew . What she was may never be known . I can say for sure trintty is not it . Maybe a s1 at best .

Dankwolf

They guy that breed it died .died late 90s . I won't say how cause it is disrespectful . The cut obvoiously had other homes . The problume is the cut did not bring the grams per watt that the main girl did there for it was only handed out in small amounts and almost no back up mom's. 1 mom per area . . Two people still have it one is a po dunk foul . Other is a major breeder that I won't name for obvious reasons . Should he not kick her back .

She exsist and the is running out . If she does not come home sheay never come home . Hence me following the Vancouver origanal breeders work to best recreate what I can .

Burt

Veteran
81 says something . So the true skunk out of Vancouver was skunk 9 mm take that how you want. Rumore is the sknunk 9 was crossed (she hermed ) and hit of a striat affie . The seed from that is my lime green rks . Word is the skunk 9 was a Mr nice haze / skunk of selection . The afgahan on other hand was bought out by crew . What she was may never be known . I can say for sure trintty is not it . Maybe a s1 at best .
Just to be clear and to NOT give credit where it isn’t due, the skunk 9 could not be a shanti creation cause he wasn’t even alive on 1981.
Are you referring to Howard Marks aka Mr Nice?

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
The skunk we got in 1981 was not bred in Vancouver, and our circle of grower friends who had it only did cuttings of it. If skunk was crossed with something in Vancouver after 1981, not sure if it was the same skunk we got or not, or any of that other stuff you mentioned. Probably a different acquisition from the states at some point by other people.

Dankwolf

Just to be clear and to NOT give credit where it isn’t due, the skunk 9 could not be a shanti creation cause he wasn’t even alive on 1981.
Are you referring to Howard Marks aka Mr Nice?

Yes . Not sure on time line . Have limited info on actual guy that did the breeding . His secret (s) went with him

it's about where she is . So let's play nice and understand we all have different experiences with the girl we are looking for . For me it was a non biker crew . Does not mean some one else did not have her . So let's get back to point . Bring her back , recreate her , give out your version ?

Skunks in everything. That's my experience. No one wants to acknowledge that skunk is the default Cannabis smell. When you buy an edible for Christmas and can tell they used PBP, when you try telling people the hay smell isn't chlorophyll in order to hell them understand what makes weed smell, when people are pumping their bud full of nutes and frying them with fans and spraying them with mite glue, why would you bother sharing? Took 3 decades but now I know why you don't share with people. People who hell themselves don't need help from others, simple life facts. They'll turn your skunk into growshop salad and call you a shitty breeder of you even try.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
True indica style skunk reek like a dead skunk isn't found in anything except true skunk. Not sure what you are on about, maybe sweet skunk from Sam.

Dankwolf

Skunks in everything. That's my experience. No one wants to acknowledge that skunk is the default Cannabis smell. When you buy an edible for Christmas and can tell they used PBP, when you try telling people the hay smell isn't chlorophyll in order to hell them understand what makes weed smell, when people are pumping their bud full of nutes and frying them with fans and spraying them with mite glue, why would you bother sharing? Took 3 decades but now I know why you don't share with people. People who hell themselves don't need help from others, simple life facts. They'll turn your skunk into growshop salad and call you a shitty breeder of you even try.

Understood what I could lol and agree with it . It will take time and many seed to get it locked down . My experience is the trust pops up 1 in about 1000 but does not pass well at that I have yet to lock down any kind of stable breeding stock . The cotton candy and the ogkb 2.0 x ansestrial skunk have the best comparability . I have deathstar x ansestrial skunk f1 that is vary nice but it would revert in f1 stock if I were to revers and hit the cotton candy . Way to closely related .

The ansestrial skunk male times my cotton candy is a bad cross went full landrace on me . Same skunks man warned about crossing it with a to closely related hybrid if I remember correctly . So my origanal plan still hold try need two line breed seperate that contain the recessive Gene / triat / terp . Untill then I am basically pissing in the wind

Doing the math I have at least 7-10 years to go at a current rate of seed selection . If I could pop 1000 at a time I could possibly get it down to 2-3 years . But I don't so many years it is lol.

5Decades

Ok so don't take offence . Your view / aspect is helpful . But where it came from is mute .it's about where she is . So let's play nice and understand we all have different experiences with the girl we are looking for . For me it was a non biker crew . Does not mean some one else did not have her . So let's get back to point . Bring her back , recreate her , give out your version ?

I am will never give up . I apologize life has been rough lately . I am doing my best to get my projects back on track

hey def no offense, but i def think where it came from is important... i said in a dif post that i had about 5 strains that were SKUNK, all a lil different...1 from "down south KY" another northern cali, another from canada, 1 missouri, the other i can't remember.
i remember them always having at least a few seeds and i was told they were outdoor grown and they looked like it...
the KY was the best and the ones that i grew seeds out of.. but i popped a lot that were crazy good, but one was a perfect indoor grow..stayed short 2 1/2-maybe 3 1/2 feet at the tallest, dark green almost black leaves with white hairs...super strong skunk... the power went out when i was gone for the weekend and it hermed and i got a bunch of seeds that always grew the skunk but lost them in 2003. so if sure seemed to me that the RKS was not a dominant gene...they were always a lil skunky but only a few were the super stinky skunk. flowered for about 12 weeks if i remember correctly maybe even 14 weeks. one i had was skunk but it stretched to over 12' outside and you could smell it at least a mile away(always got found tried for a few years on state land), tried growin it inside but it would get way too tall it just kept stretching and stretching

and think about how much it stunk up a car..maybe transport by bike was safer... it was always pretty rare and when it came around it was gone fast!!

Dankwolf

There does not seem to be blue berry in Ming . So after lost of reasherch I am guessing Ming is from delicious seeds .

It's a know Oregon cut . Just hard to get .

Thought about hitting her with a blue berry to know for sure . But there was only one blue berry Strian that I ever like and it was blueberrybermese . She was fucking steller . Oregon coast cut . Vary tightly held . Could never get a cut just flower . Any why I have no interest or direction for a blueberry program so it will likely never happen . Maybe if dj or jd or one of the many others whants to donate some dj blue berry f4 pollen I would be down . Just not a need for me .

Dankwolf

I want a (rks / skunk x Durban ) brought to f4 x( Afghan x a red hair haze hybrid) also brought to f4 .

Also from strait up first hand experience rks can not be a s1. Tried 1000s of s1(s). 90% had the high but not the smell. There where other variations but some how the reversing can't pass the trait . Made 1000s of seed to back her up . And not 1 seed brought her back . Thought I had it on lock . Just never tested seed . So fucked that one up .

troutman

Seed Whore
I want a (rks / skunk x Durban ) brought to f4 x( Afghan x a red hair haze hybrid) also brought to f4.

Do you have a Durban to play with?

I'm glad I got 2 packs of Durban Poison'70s in my personal seed bank that are chilling for now in my refrigerator. :biggrin:

Dankwolf

Do you have a Durban to play with?

I'm glad I got 2 packs of Durban Poison'70s in my personal seed bank that are chilling for now in my refrigerator. :biggrin:

Not in hand . As of yet so I settled for ogkb 2.0 . Rks is in ogkb 2.0 so it's not all bad but the Durban is super diluted. A pure Durban would be best

I would feel comfortable crossing my cotton candy with a good pure Durban stud . Then f4 it to cross with the ogkb 2.0 x ansestrial f4

Also plan to work the ansestrial skunk x death star just don't have a direction for my selection yet . Maybe a sour dissle in it's future . Scared to waist the room and time . If Sam skunks man's is correct the sour d will do same as my cotton candy and bring up all.kinds of land race gen pool . . Still deciding what are your thoughts ?

Latest posts

Latest posts